Let's get them on record

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Leave your official predictions here. Feel free to wait until after the ACC tournament to drop em.

I feel like we have peaked at the right time. With Brown coming back I feel like we go on a run in the tournament. Sweet 16 baby.

Coach L has done more with less.

U gotta believe.

Advertisement
Leave your official predictions here. Feel free to wait until after the ACC tournament to drop em.

I feel like we have peaked at the right time. With Brown coming back I feel like we go on a run in the tournament. Sweet 16 baby.

Coach L has done more with less.

U gotta believe.

Is it official that Brown will be back for the NCAAT? I predict we make it to the second round.

I will predict that if Brown is back they are a Sweet 16 team with a good chance at getting to the Elite 8 with some help from the draw.

Next year if Brown returns and with Wilson and Gak playing...even if LWIV leaves...continued development from Lykes, Waardenburg, Izundu, and Huell...it is Final 4 or nothing. That team will be loaded even without BB.

Advertisement
I will predict that if Brown is back they are a Sweet 16 team with a good chance at getting to the Elite 8 with some help from the draw.

Next year if Brown returns and with Wilson and Gak playing...even if LWIV leaves...continued development from Lykes, Waardenburg, Izundu, and Huell...it is Final 4 or nothing. That team will be loaded even without BB.
If everyone returns... final 4

Second Round

I think they match us up with all dangerous teams in our draw.

BTW, I bet the farm the Gaytas get a cakewalk draw to the S16, at least. Every time.

Brown wil not be back he is still wearing the boot. I have had bad ankle injury you just don't take the boot off and play basketball.

My predictions are rather glum. I would love to see the team play 4 more times but my substantial gut tells me we are done winning this season. Sorry hope I am wrong but we lack an offensive plan against the zone and everybody knows it. Maybe if we shoot 60% 3's we win another but that is all we have

Advertisement
My wife had a bad ankle injury last year. She had a boot on for a long time. She still can't play basketball. Mind you, she couldn't play before either.

So you're saying even with no Lonnie next year and if Bruce comes back... That would be a final 4 team? Final 4 or bust? I don't see how. No good recruits coming in. Gak playing would be nice but no one knows how he's going to be. I think we'd need Lonnie and Bruce back to be considered a potential final 4 threat. I'm hoping Lonnie loves school and wants to stay at least another year. But I know that's probably a pipe dream.

Considering they're not reevaluating Brown until March 12th, how could anyone possibly know?

Also, he was still in the boot at our last game so let's assume they're leaving the boot on until they reevaluate.

Also, even if he is healthy, he will be coming off the bench. What are you honestly expecting?

----

The only way I could see BB playing this season (and contributing quality burn) is if we make it to the Sweet 16. Even then, that is a tremendous "if" for many reasons.

I'm not making predictions on the NCAAT or next year, but Gak is basically like a recruit for next year, a recruit with a year in the system. A recruit who picked Miami over Kansas, Duke, Florida and others. A lot of people thought he was going to Kansas. He was the 94th ranked player in the nation per ESPN. Who knows how he pans out, but he was a LEGIT prospect, not a project. We also have Miles Wilson, who everyone is sleeping on or forgetting. Guy played lights out at Mt. St. Marys last year, and did it in the NCAAT against New Orleans, and also Villanova. 6-5 guard. 12 ppg, 4 rebounds. 36% from 3, 45% from the field and 75% from the line. I expect big things from him. In my mind, he'll contribute more than most true freshman.

Advertisement
I'm not making predictions on the NCAAT or next year, but Gak is basically like a recruit for next year, a recruit with a year in the system. A recruit who picked Miami over Kansas, Duke, Florida and others. A lot of people thought he was going to Kansas. He was the 94th ranked player in the nation per ESPN. Who knows how he pans out, but he was a LEGIT prospect, not a project. We also have Miles Wilson, who everyone is sleeping on or forgetting. Guy played lights out at Mt. St. Marys last year, and did it in the NCAAT against New Orleans, and also Villanova. 6-5 guard. 12 ppg, 4 rebounds. 36% from 3, 45% from the field and 75% from the line. I expect big things from him. In my mind, he'll contribute more than most true freshman.
Yes Gak was a sought after recruit and having a year here will help and we all know we can use more quality big men! And Wilson...I have high hopes for him. Losing Brown and Lonnie will hurt if that's what happens but we won't be a terrible team next season and maybe we can get a quality grad transfer or 2 or 3 lol

ACCT - If we somehow get Cuse or Wake, I think 1 win and done. If we get UNC, as much as I'd want to pick us - I think UNC would get the better of us this time. So either 1-1 or 0-1.

NCAAT - Somewhere between a 6 and a 9 seed. I think we win our first game regardless, then who the **** knows. We could be going against a 14/15 seed, or a 1/2/3 seed in the round of 32 (depending upon our initial seed, of course). I will be optimistic and say Sweet 16, especially w/the right breaks and matchups. We could easily go 1-1 though.

As for Brown - unless he's back to practice w/no restrictions right after the ACCT, I'm not sure how much of a factor he'd be if he returns. He needs to be 100% for practice before we can declare him a major X factor for any postseason work.

Advertisement
ACCT - If we somehow get Cuse or Wake, I think 1 win and done. If we get UNC, as much as I'd want to pick us - I think UNC would get the better of us this time. So either 1-1 or 0-1.

NCAAT - Somewhere between a 6 and a 9 seed. I think we win our first game regardless, then who the **** knows. We could be going against a 14/15 seed, or a 1/2/3 seed in the round of 32 (depending upon our initial seed, of course). I will be optimistic and say Sweet 16, especially w/the right breaks and matchups. We could easily go 1-1 though.

As for Brown - unless he's back to practice w/no restrictions right after the ACCT, I'm not sure how much of a factor he'd be if he returns. He needs to be 100% for practice before we can declare him a major X factor for any postseason work.

There's no way we'll be seeded lower than a 7. We're right between the 5/6 line on a lot of updated brackets.

Not that it matters much. I'd rather play a weak #9 seed than one of those really good mid-majors in the 5 v 12 game.

Not a **** clue. Elite 8 wouldn't shock me. Bounced in Rd 1 wouldn't shock me either. #outonalimb

This is me. I think we are out in round one though. This team has just been too inconsistent this year and too many scoring droughts.

Advertisement
Back