Votes: 37 12.1%
  • C-

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • D or lower

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
C .... as it was average when you add up the spark Miami got from King / Lashlee, averaged with the disappointment from Baker, as well as the late-season fade.

Eked out wins over average ACC foes and needed comebacks to survive North Carolina State and Virginia Tech.

Out-physicaled by Clemson and North Carolina, as well—didn't even look like they belonged on the same field.

8-3 with King would've been 5-6 without—which is as bad as 6-7 last year.

This was a smoke and mirrors year and this was never a legit Top 10 team at any point of the year.

The slow starts are embarrassing, as well—down 21-0 in a bowl game against an average Big 12 team and slow starts after bye weeks.

Just like last year after beating Florida State and Louisville (and losing the next three)—Miami got big-headed after rolling a terrible Duke team, only to lose the next two.

Manny is a cuck and these kids smell it on him—hence why Wiggins and Pope drop so many balls; zero fear of losing their jobs or thinking he'll come down hard on them for their incompetence—just like any average employee in corporate America who does the bare minimum and stays employed.

F-

They got lamer as the season went on....the UVA game was really telling to me

Agree.

Like Clemson and North Carolina, Virginia is built tougher than Miami.

Got that early score in the first minute; outscored 14-12 from that point on.

Even worse, Manolo out there playing slip-and-slide in the rain with his players like Miami just won the ACC—only to wonder why his kids don't handle prosperity well and fade down the stretch.

Agree.

Like Clemson and North Carolina, Virginia is built tougher than Miami.

Got that early score in the first minute; outscored 14-12 from that point on.

Even worse, Manolo out there playing slip-and-slide in the rain with his players like Miami just won the ACC—only to wonder why his kids don't handle prosperity well and fade down the stretch.

No thanks to this NEW Miami.....gimme the old Miami

C+.
Hated the way we went out against UNC and yet another bowl loss (although the fought hard after the pathetic effort in the first 20 minutes to make it somewhat interesting). When I looked at the schedule before the games were played I thought 8 wins would be good for this team, but getting blown out in 2/3 losses was telling.

Ultimately, any grade between a B- and C- is probably justifiable depending on how you're grading.

Advertisement
Perry's performance against OSU pokes a hole in the argument that we'd be 5-6 without King at QB. Aside from NC State, what other games did he put the team on his back leading us to victory? He played well against LOU, FSU, NCST, DUKE but looked pretty average against Clemson, UNC, UVA, PITT, VT, UAB, OSU.

Go Canes !! You are too funny as you should read your response to me. We didn't fold at the end as I said but the the Canes were DERAILED AT THE END BECAUSE OF UNNACCEPTABLE PERFORMANCE LATE. Sounds like they folded as they did last year brother. We are a middle of the road ACC team in one of the worst divisions in college football. Yeah brother is was truly a successful if you measure that by getting your asses beat up by two ACC teams and losing ANOTHER BOWL GAME! I'm so thrilled I think I'm going to buy you season tickets for the next season.

I originally voted a B- but after thinking about it, I'll change it to a C-. Though there were improvements throughout the year, we are woefully behind the Elites or even the tier 2 teams.
-Our back 7 and receiving corp, are G5 level
-Our O-line, though improved, is not championship level
-The D line and defensive scheme in general lack the fundamentals and discipline to be elite
-Our offensive scheme lacked the creativity and tempo i hoped for and relied too heavily on King to make a play
-Our coaches...need i say more

If the only real positive we can come up with is, "it was an improvement over last year" then what is that really saying? We've seen worse, but let's not compare ourselves to that.

Advertisement
B- for the fun of Laahlee, King, curbstomping FSU into a bloody pulp, and beating the teams we should regularly beat with a few cardiac comebacks. Of course if I think too hard about the UNC game I tend to want to lower it..

Go Canes !! You are too funny as you should read your response to me. We didn't fold at the end as I said but the the Canes were DERAILED AT THE END BECAUSE OF UNNACCEPTABLE PERFORMANCE LATE. Sounds like they folded as they did last year brother. We are a middle of the road ACC team in one of the worst divisions in college football. Yeah brother is was truly a successful if you measure that by getting your asses beat up by two ACC teams and losing ANOTHER BOWL GAME! I'm so thrilled I think I'm going to buy you season tickets for the next season.

Don’t buy the tickets. They manage to get by your entire lifetime without you giving a cent to the program.

C+. For once, we beat the teams we supposed to beat. However, we lost the marquee games.

That's like completing your homework/classwork assignments and passing the quizzes, but failed the tests and project.

Advertisement
We were CFP top 10 as late as week 15. Losing the final 2 games had no bearing on our success on NSD. We had primetime blowout wins over LOU and FSU, won 3 straight ACC road games, pitched our first FBS shutout since 2004, were in or near the top 10 and in the hunt for the ACC from September through 12/5. The season ended poorly but those final 2 games don't erase 11+ months of positive publicity. You may not like how it ended but 2020 was a success in the new standard of UM football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back