Votes: 37 12.1%
  • C-

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • D or lower

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C for me.
Improvement on the offensive side of the ball with the hire of Lashlee, King portal acquisition, OL play was better at times and the upside Chaney and Knighton bring is exciting. The kicking and punting game improved from prior year but now we go with a Frosh kicker in 2021....scary!

The Defense was a disappointment with the exception of Philips and Roche (A+ between the two in a vacuum). Bolden looked good early but then faded...not sure what happened there with him and hopefully he regains his mojo. Nesta Silvera had his moments. When he turned up the Heat he appeared to be unblockable and in other moments of any game, pick your game, he would disappear.

The ACC is a mediocre conference. Most on this site now this so the fact we rate UM's season against the conference in essence is a letter downgrade when you think about it.

Advertisement
The team got better in a lot of areas. They got worse in others. Recruiting is the best it’s been in over a decade. They beat everyone they should have beat but lost to the three best teams they played. B-/C+ is a fair grade. The grading curve will be much steeper next year. Beating the bad teams is no longer good enough.

LOL at all the goofs who fell for the “it was an improvement over 6-7 so I give them a B” okie doke. That’s like getting excited about being mouth raped because it wasn’t as painful as being butt raped the day before.

The me back when I had real standards and couldn’t stand losing a single game would give this an F.

Grading on a curve relative to the last 15 years I have it a B-. I am thrilled with this recruiting class, though (one more cb please). There are plenty of issues, though.

One thing I notice about Manny and this program: we improve only in little pieces or get worse in the other direction in little pieces. Look at the analyses in this thread: none of the improvements seem to coalesce into a bigger picture or theme. It just seemed that some games certain issues reared their heads more than others and it varied a lot from week to week. There are constants like a Wiggins sucking, or nonsensical blitzing from Baker, but overall it’s like a leaky ship where corks are filling in the holes rather than rebuilding the culture and foundation that is needed. Certain positions develop better than others, etc.

basically a long story short: when the issues vary from week to week and some are more emphasized than others in inexplicable times, then there is an overall systemic issue or head coaching problem. Hopefully next year defensive coaching changes help but a lot of it feels disjointed as an overall program or direction.

Advertisement
The team got better in a lot of areas. They got worse in others. Recruiting is the best it’s been in over a decade. They beat everyone they should have beat but lost to the three best teams they played. B-/C+ is a fair grade. The grading curve will be much steeper next year. Beating the bad teams is no longer good enough.
Agree 100%
No more baby steps. I want all of my expectations to be met.
Beat bad teams comfortably, 10 wins, acc ship game, bowl win, DONT get blown out, blah, blah, blah....

If we do the exact same thing next year you can change my '20 "C" grade to "F that"- in '21.

Another bowl loss and lost to the best teams on schedule. Seems pretty average to me.

Advertisement
Back