Leonard Taylor gets an NIL Car Deal...

My first and still one of my favorite cars ever was a 4Runner. Flipped it into a creek and it still ran with minimal work needed. Drove it for another 50k before I sold it to a guy who rebuilt it to make it a mudder. Thing was a tank.
Well now I know why so many military guys get them. That is pretty crazy, but I am not surprised since it is a toyota. One of my first cars was a very old Toyota with like 200k miles on it. I drove that thing for years with no problems. Great company.

Advertisement
I actually work in an environment where a pickup would be ideal but no way in **** would I touch one...Don't get me wrong I'm not talking down on them but I'm more on the mpg kick than anything else right now.... Looking to go hybrid on the next purchase... Have a few in mind I like but wanna wait as long as I can for the car market to hopefully go right side up... LOL!!!..
Have a feeling I might be in my current car for a long while... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's a good move, I was trying to wait it out, but my whip was reaching the end of her lifespan, I rolled her until the bitter end. MPG was a huge consideration as I searched for a car, I didn't need hyper efficient, but I needed something that could survive a decent commute.

I will say this, when I saw the new Maverick, I was impressed. Even though the bed isn't a full size, you could do a lot of things with what it does have and it's super fuel efficient. I know that's going to be the truck of choice for people that need a truck, but aren't willing to spend these inflated prices that the F150 are grabbing.

Well now I know why so many military guys get them. That is pretty crazy, but I am not surprised since it is a toyota. One of my first cars was a very old Toyota with like 200k miles on it. I drove that thing for years with no problems. Great company.
Toyotas are **** good, there's a reason why my ultimate dream SUV was a Land Cruiser(before they stopped offering them here in the States). Luxury SUV that could run forever with just basic maintenance.

I spend

I have a Land Cruiser, a Sequoia, a Tundra, and I am getting my wife the 4runner TRD Pro if she thinks she will enjoy it every day and it's not too rough a ride for her. We live a good part of the year somewhere very rough on vehicles so durability, ground clearance, etc, all very important. I think you know where I stand on Toyotas now!

I've gone through a lot of cars in my day, fell in love with some fancy badges, and now all I will buy are Toyotas. Or Lexus' I guess cause same thing, but I like less electronics here where we are, so no.

We have a "fancy" SUV back where we are the rest of the year. It's my least favorite ride. #Toyota4Life
Indeed Lexus are the same thing under the hood and chassis, I just am not a luxury person.

I'm all about convenience.

How many miles you got on it? Dodge Ram nice when new, but don’t last worth a sheeit. I got me a Tundra wit 275k miles on it and nary a problem wit it. I recon I’ll trade it in when it hits 500k miles.
They use a horrible transmission which is a huge part of their issues. It’s trash!! I have had no issues with the 68RFE but I’m looking for a replacement.

Advertisement
Indeed Lexus are the same thing under the hood and chassis, I just am not a luxury person.

I'm all about convenience.
I am a sucker for convenience and luxury, and Lexus does that well. You get the reliability of Toyota with nice stuff. Unfortunately, my girl is easily impressed by flash, hence why she will probably end up with a Land Rover for her next car, I can't talk her out of it. That said, she's paying, so it's her problem.

I am a sucker for convenience and luxury, and Lexus does that well. You get the reliability of Toyota with nice stuff. Unfortunately, my girl is easily impressed by flash, hence why she will probably end up with a Land Rover for her next car, I can't talk her out of it. That said, she's paying, so it's her problem.
As long as you ain't footin' that bill, I cain't say nothin.

I'm going to look at one tomorrow. I've never spent much on cars, preferred to stash that cash for real estate, investments and vacations, but i'm getting too old to be sitting long hours in an uncomfortable ride. At least that's my justification.

How many miles you got on it? Dodge Ram nice when new, but don’t last worth a sheeit. I got me a Tundra wit 275k miles on it and nary a problem wit it. I recon I’ll trade it in when it hits 500k miles.
I get made fun of all the time for not having a big truck. This is what happens when your friends are:

Mostly born and raised in South Florida;
Many born in South America, grew up in South Florida;
Some from North Florida, moved to South Florida;

A couple from Europe, moved to South Florida. They are the exceptions. My parents thought a "yankee" was someone from a state outside of Florida.

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance...
Being genuine here...

I know Taylor gets a Charger, but how does this deal benefit the dealership?
Like what entices some of these companies into giving college football players free cars?

SIDENOTE: During Taylor's career here, that car will have more breakdowns than a Manny Diaz defense on 4th & long. My wife had a Charger. Terrible cars.

Last edited:
Yall can talk about this truck, that truck, blah blah blah.
Nothing...i mean NOTHING...beats a GM truck.
I've got 263k+ on my Escalade and have only replaced an AC compressor and water pump...and that just happened recently. Truck drove 250k with virtually zero problems. I've heard of Tahoes hitting 500k and still going. Any truck or SUV with the GM drivetrain is **** near indestructible. (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Denali, Silverado)
There's a reason people steal these trucks just for the engine. (to swap them into classic cars)
And the new Escalade is easily the alpha SUV on the market right now. That truck is fvckin' bananas.

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance...
Being genuine here...

Like what entices some of these companies into giving college football players free cars?

SIDENOTE: During Taylor's career here, that car will have more breakdowns than a Manny Diaz defense on 4th & long. My wife had a Charger. Terrible cars.
Jesus 😂😂😂😂😂

Forgive my ignorance...
Being genuine here...

Its just advertising. Like how they will pay NFL players to drive around in a certain car and have him shout them out once in a while. Or post him and his car on IG every couple months. Stuff like that. You would be surprised how many dumbazzes get swayed to buy from a particular dealership because celebrities go there. I saw you said you had an Escalade earlier. If you ever go to the caddy dealership near the U, they guys their constantly talk about how Shaq bought cars there. They say that because it actually sways some clowns. lol.

Obviously this is a way lower level which is why he is getting a V6 charger and not a hellcat like an NFL player would lol.

Seriously, though IDGAF about if shaq bought his car form there. But if these guys start giving chargers to a bunch of our players and I lived down there. I would buy all my cars from them. I am sure a lot of big time Cane fans would, especially if they were trying to decide between a mustang or a charger and the charger dealership gives all the players cars. Or if you have your mind set on a charger, a lot of cane fans would be willing to take an extra 15 minute drive to the dealership that sponsors the canes. If these guys give enough players cars I may just buy my next car from them and ship it up here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yep, the chip shortage is killing everything. I ended up having to walk away from my new Bronco Sasquatch because of it, I couldn't wait another year for it to potentially show up, especially with my car rapidly aging. Oh well, life goes on.
Yep. I'll be driving my old BMW until it drops. Unfortunately, the chip shortage is going to last 3-4 years until new chip manufacturers come on board. Current manufacturers are at full capacity and can't meet demand.

Yep. I'll be driving my old BMW until it drops. Unfortunately, the chip shortage is going to last 3-4 years until new chip manufacturers come on board. Current manufacturers are at full capacity and can't meet demand.
Auto manufacturers also sat on their asses the last two decades and refused to upgrade chips, so when they stopped ordering the chips at the beginning of the pandemic, a lot of those chip manufacturers stopped and honestly can't fabricate those outdated chips anymore.

Auto manufacturers also sat on their asses the last two decades and refused to upgrade chips, so when they stopped ordering the chips at the beginning of the pandemic, a lot of those chip manufacturers stopped and honestly can't fabricate those outdated chips anymore.
The chip problem is not limited to automobile industry, but the pandemic and oversight has certainly made things worse.

Basically, anything that has a computer chip has supply chain issues.

Advertisement
Back