LB Gavin Nix commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
How quickly the worm has turned. 2 years ago we were the program with the opportunity for early playing time at basically every position. Now it’s Michigan, just off a NC. Wow.
Yup, works both ways. We loaded up at LB last cycle so it’s going to be even more difficult to get on the field behind Aguirre/Hayes/Pruitt.

Advertisement
Yup, works both ways. We loaded up at LB last cycle so it’s going to be even more difficult to get on the field behind Aguirre/Hayes/Pruitt.
As long as our young LBs get a bunch of opportunities to get snaps and make plays I don’t think we are going to have to sweat this kid. Popo, Cam, and Adarius all made flashy plays Saturday night. I’m sure that wasn’t lost on Nix he only needs to aspire to play their role next season. If he is starting wherever he goes that team probably won’t be very good.

Michigan on the decline in a hurry. That coach won’t last 3 years. If he goes hes an idiot.
I feel bad for him. This is just like coming after Pete Carroll or Dennis Erickson. All 3 (including Harbaugh) are really good coaches who left after winning an NC, and in trouble with the NCAA Their successors walk into a mess. Butch made his way out, but only because UM was smart enough to give him time. I can’t even remember who followed Carroll at USC and I likely won’t remember Sherron Moore in a few years.

I feel bad for him. This is just like coming after Pete Carroll or Dennis Erickson. All 3 (including Harbaugh) are really good coaches who left after winning an NC, and in trouble with the NCAA Their successors walk into a mess. Butch made his way out, but only because UM was smart enough to give him time. I can’t even remember who followed Carroll at USC and I likely won’t remember Sherron’s Moore in a few years.

He's almost certainly going to fail. But he signed a 5-year, $30M contract that we all know will go up to 10M a year if he wins. So I don't really feel bad for the guy at all.

Advertisement
I feel bad for him. This is just like coming after Pete Carroll or Dennis Erickson. All 3 (including Harbaugh) are really good coaches who left after winning an NC, and in trouble with the NCAA Their successors walk into a mess. Butch made his way out, but only because UM was smart enough to give him time. I can’t even remember who followed Carroll at USC and I likely won’t remember Sherron Moore in a few years.
Kiffin followed Carroll. Obviously that crashed and burned. But Kiffin had NFL experience and his UT run before USC and well respected dad. Moore doesn’t have that to fall back on. I doubt Moore would get a soft landing like falling into a job with Saban.

Advertisement
“At the moment, I think it was reporters trying to get a story,” Nix told CaneSport. “I’m locked in with the Canes man. Earlier, I told everyone this summer that I wanted to get with a program and be done. I’m done, and there isn’t no flipping or none of that.”
Love to hear that. This dude is getting comp'd to Vilma so I really want to see him in Orange & Green!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back