Lamar Jackson on OV right now

Advertisement
@Cash,

Miami has reached out several 2015 QB's since Lawson's decommitment. UM reached out to James Morgan (
Bowling Green) and Riley Neal ( Ball State) but apparently that didn't work out.

So lets see how things turn out with this classes QB situation. I though of all the plan C QB's that James Morgan had the best upside.

Go Canes

We never seem to learn (I'm including myself in this comment). I love how we consistently get spurned by recruits that "have us in the mix" then get left at the altar when they decide, only to move on to the next recruit and get excited and work ourselves up again, with the all too predictable result of us getting boned by the next recruit. Let's try not to get too excited about Gibson or Jackson. My money is on all of us talking about how hopeful we are for the future with Sheriffs after signing day is said and done.

@Cash,

Miami has reached out several 2015 QB's since Lawson's decommitment. UM reached out to James Morgan (
Bowling Green) and Riley Neal ( Ball State) but apparently that didn't work out.

So lets see how things turn out with this classes QB situation. I though of all the plan C QB's that James Morgan had the best upside.

Go Canes

I have seen some tidbits here and there about those names but I didn't really see anything in those QB's that would make me think they were legit options for our program. Just my opinion but I think Lamar is a significantly better option than those others. Point well received though.

@Cash,

Go Canes

I have seen some tidbits here and there about those names but I didn't really see anything in those QB's that would make me think they were legit options for our program. Just my opinion but I think Lamar is a significantly better option than those others. Point well received though.

The only one I heard they made a real run at was Parr. There is a thread on here about it. He stayed with FAU though. Which just shows how bad the situation is.

Advertisement
We can't even flip FAU or FIU commits. Take a big bite of that **** sandwich then tape your mouth shut and don't swallow for a day.

thanks gru.

What do the services have this guy ranked?

Big kid, **** of an athlete, a little bit of a weird release but seems to have nice touch. His release issues is mostly on his follow through, looks almost like a shotput, but better footwork will fix that issue quickly.

tbh, his tape is every bit as impressive as that Ohio State commit, but perhaps the level of competition is vastly different? He also throws much better than that OSU kid.There was quite a few touch throws in that tape that I did not see from the OSU kid who just seems to throw at one speed.

Last edited:

thanks gru.

Big kid, **** of an athlete, a little bit of a weird release but seems to have nice touch. His release issues is mostly on his follow through, looks almost like a shotput, but better footwork will fix that issue quickly.

tbh, his tape is every bit as impressive as that Ohio State commit, but perhaps the level of competition is vastly different? He also throws much better than that OSU kid.There was quite a few touch throws in that tape that I did not see from the OSU kid who just seems to throw at one speed.

I think he was a 3 star kid that moved up to a 4 this year. Apparently they call him "Baby Cam". Wish we could have kept his commit. Gibson (OSU guy) was rated higher by pretty much everybody but didn't impress me much when I saw him play this year other than throwing it to Snelson and watching him do everything. I think Lawson is a little more polished than Gibson from what I've heard. I see Gibson moving to receiver and Lawson turning out to be about like Jacobby Brissett.

Advertisement

thanks gru.

I think he was a 3 star kid that moved up to a 4 this year. Apparently they call him "Baby Cam". Wish we could have kept his commit. Gibson (OSU guy) was rated higher by pretty much everybody but didn't impress me much when I saw him play this year other than throwing it to Snelson and watching him do everything. I think Lawson is a little more polished than Gibson from what I've heard. I see Gibson moving to receiver and Lawson turning out to be about like Jacobby Brissett.

we seem to be on the same page

one question i have about Jackson is what kind of competition does Boynton Beach play? Like Boca High, Spanish River, Delray atlantic or what?

some broward schools Hallandale, creek, dillard. Also played central. Iirc he had over 100 rushing yards against 2013 central in the playoffs.

Advertisement
@Cash,

Go Canes

The only one I heard they made a real run at was Parr. There is a thread on here about it. He stayed with FAU though. Which just shows how bad the situation is.

No, that just means he'd rather start at FAU than be a back up at the U.

So what is the latest news on 2015 QB Lamar Jackson an how his visit went in Coral Gables.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back