Kiffin already doing work-snags former 4star qb

I'm no fan of Monte's son but he might be onto something if FAU is cool with him turning that place into Marshall South. I think the national media will eventually try to take him down if he does but it's probably worth a shot.

No one will be paying any attention to Coach Benjamin Button once the initial shock of him diving into Bolivian wears off.

Coach Button is living his coaching life in reverse. From NFL HC to major college HC to $1.3M OC at the #1 team in college football to $500K HC at a downtrodden bottom of the barrel G5 team.

Sadly, but not at all surprisingly, we still have pathetic UM fans eating this ****'s butt.

Benjamin Button is exactly right. At this rate he'll be Genron's OC for a 7 on 7 team in 2020. I do think if he takes FAU straight into the sewer with Power 5 character issue washouts and there are a few rapes here, an assault charge there coupled with the occasional shooting that his name still would draw enough interest from the idiots in sports media to cover it though. You'd at least see an Outside the Lines episode on it.....in between ones about transgender softball players in Montana fighting back against the regressive social constructs of their community.

Advertisement
don't understand the hate . . . up and coming schools have to go this route in hopes of putting a winning team on the field and building momentum. in reality, he's off to an incredible start after being on the job for a day . . . i can see bruce ending up there

Nice signing of Johnson. Kid is talented but can be toxic. Maybe he got his head on straight after FSU dropped him and after juco. I remember when he signed with FSU, he was actually talking **** of his fellow QB signees. lol

Who cares if he is a former 4 star and FSU QB. He literally doesn't show a single other offer than FAU. That should tell you something. I'm an alum, and I honestly don't see the Kiffin hire as anything special for the school. I'm as worried that he is going to leave scorched earth in his wake as bring any talent there. Small schools like them need to get coaches who can actually coach. Like the guy at Western Kentucky. Kiffin is the exact opposite of that.

This is an underrated post. Very good point. Frat boy can create a lot of publicity, and probably attract some former four stars that have been kicked off teams.

The most important question though is, can he coach, can he build up a team from nothing or from very little. Can he actually do the work and build the infrastructure required to make them a good team. Just throwing some former four stars on the squad doesn't guarantee anything.

This could easily be a case of the school hiring a famous name, but one that doesn't accomplish anything. The same way some people are predicting that he will succeed and be gone to greener pastures in a couple years, it could also be just as likely that he turns FAU into even more of a dumpster fire and leave the place worse than how he found it.

IMO, this is not a slamdunk hire, this is a high risk hire. There could be a reward, there could also be an unmitigated disaster. I think the latter is more likely.

He's almost got to succeed doesn't he? I mean, just bringing in some former 4* will up what that team is capable of and he's not a terrible OC. His strength is recruiting, and on that strength the team will get better. It's not like he has to take recruits from Miami to improve, he can get the P5 leftovers and still do well. Now, if you think that success involves not embarrassing the school and/or leaving for another job inside 3 years, then sure he'll fail miserably.

Advertisement
And RIGHT ON CUE....

Resized_20161215_130525.webp

Who cares if he is a former 4 star and FSU QB. He literally doesn't show a single other offer than FAU. That should tell you something. I'm an alum, and I honestly don't see the Kiffin hire as anything special for the school. I'm as worried that he is going to leave scorched earth in his wake as bring any talent there. Small schools like them need to get coaches who can actually coach. Like the guy at Western Kentucky. Kiffin is the exact opposite of that.

This is an underrated post. Very good point. Frat boy can create a lot of publicity, and probably attract some former four stars that have been kicked off teams.

The most important question though is, can he coach, can he build up a team from nothing or from very little. Can he actually do the work and build the infrastructure required to make them a good team. Just throwing some former four stars on the squad doesn't guarantee anything.

This could easily be a case of the school hiring a famous name, but one that doesn't accomplish anything. The same way some people are predicting that he will succeed and be gone to greener pastures in a couple years, it could also be just as likely that he turns FAU into even more of a dumpster fire and leave the place worse than how he found it.

IMO, this is not a slamdunk hire, this is a high risk hire. There could be a reward, there could also be an unmitigated disaster. I think the latter is more likely.

He's almost got to succeed doesn't he? I mean, just bringing in some former 4* will up what that team is capable of and he's not a terrible OC. His strength is recruiting, and on that strength the team will get better. It's not like he has to take recruits from Miami to improve, he can get the P5 leftovers and still do well. Now, if you think that success involves not embarrassing the school and/or leaving for another job inside 3 years, then sure he'll fail miserably.

Nowhere did you mention anything about coaching. Just throwning a couple of 4-stars out on the field guarantees nothing. And it's his coaching the question. That's my point. Can the guy even coach at this point? As in, head-coaching, coaching an entire team. Being the head coach. Not just being a good offensive coordinator. That's the only thing that for sure he's proven to be good at.

Back up QB punches a chick in the face =kicked off team, don't touch him. Dalvin cook punches a girl in the face = don't hear about it and plays whole season

Nowhere did you mention anything about coaching. Just throwning a couple of 4-stars out on the field guarantees nothing. And it's his coaching the question. That's my point. Can the guy even coach at this point? As in, head-coaching, coaching an entire team. Being the head coach. Not just being a good offensive coordinator. That's the only thing that for sure he's proven to be good at.

As you point out nobody knows if he can coach or not, we'll have to wait and see. My feeling is that good coach or bad, he should be able to upgrade the talent and get production out of the offense. This combination should lead to more wins than what the team is currently capable of (6 wins in 2013, 3 every year since). It wouldn't be surprising if he runs up against a wall al golden style, but I believe that wall will be a little farther up the food chain than where FAU is currently operating. Even if he sucks he should be good for 6-7 wins I would think. Maybe that shouldn't be seen as "success" as we would define it, but this is FAU we're talking about. 7 wins would be a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you punch a hoe in the face, make sure it ain't on video.

Sincerely,

Ray Rice and Deandre Johnson

Lame *****in got a 4.75 million dollar deal over 5 years from Da Hoot.

When a glorified diploma mill drops that kinda loot for a coach, you bet your sweet *** he is expected to recruit every rapist and murderer he can find if they can play. No brakes.

Does Alex Figueroa have any eligibility left?

Lame made him write "I will not punch hoes in the face on videotape" ten times on the chalkboard.

Advertisement
It's hard to be the next Marshall when your school is across the street from a Whole Foods and Nordstrom Rack.

Nothing savage about that.

Advertisement
Back