Kiffin already doing work-snags former 4star qb

I'm no fan of Monte's son but he might be onto something if FAU is cool with him turning that place into Marshall South. I think the national media will eventually try to take him down if he does but it's probably worth a shot.

Advertisement
Out motto is "just win" right. Listen if Ray Lewis can get another chance, why can't this kid? I'm not condoning violence against women, but if the kid handled his business in court, behaved in Juco, why shouldn't Kiffen offer him?

FAU will probably have the best QB in that entire irrelevance conference. They'll win for two years and Kiffen will move on. I can't blame him for making this move.

Yeah....don't know who the brother is. But Kiffin's not getting the 5-star.

Tyreke Johnson of Trinity Christian....the best safety in the state and probably the country

So the 5 star brother plays safety next to safety Derrick Smith, who just committed to us yesterday?

Yep. And I bet you that's what Smith's recruitment is all about.

School's loaded...bunch if talent through 2019

Advertisement
I'm no fan of Monte's son but he might be onto something if FAU is cool with him turning that place into Marshall South. I think the national media will eventually try to take him down if he does but it's probably worth a shot.

I think you nailed it. He's going to put whoever he can in there that will win as quickly as he can and then leave for a bigger opportunity while the building starts to catch fire and burn.

Looks like Kiffin will also have a 220lbs former 4* running back at FAU in Georgia transfer AJ Furman

Link to article
Ex-Georgia tailback A.J. Turman to transfer to Florida Atlantic | FAU Focus

Now all he needs is to get Notre Dame WR grad transfer Corey Holmes and FAU will have a 3 headed offensive attack

Link to article
Notre Dame WR Corey Holmes to transfer, 3rd Irish player leaving - Chicago Tribune

I am thinking Kiffin will load up on JUCO OL's and defensive players in order to get the team rolling quickly.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who cares if he is a former 4 star and FSU QB. He literally doesn't show a single other offer than FAU. That should tell you something. I'm an alum, and I honestly don't see the Kiffin hire as anything special for the school. I'm as worried that he is going to leave scorched earth in his wake as bring any talent there. Small schools like them need to get coaches who can actually coach. Like the guy at Western Kentucky. Kiffin is the exact opposite of that.

Yeah....don't know who the brother is. But Kiffin's not getting the 5-star.

Tyreke Johnson of Trinity Christian....the best safety in the state and probably the country

So the 5 star brother plays safety next to safety Derrick Smith, who just committed to us yesterday?

Yep. And I bet you that's what Smith's recruitment is all about.

Hopefully that's the idea.
Flashback: Terrance Henley picked up by us to secure his cousin at the time expected to be top WR in this class. (Didn't quite work out well)

With a 5* rating for next year's class and us picking up 3* banger, I would like to think this is a better deal than that one at this time.

Advertisement
G5 schools take these transfers all the time. Arkansas St had 6 big name transfers on their team this year. Dee Liner (Bama 4 star DT), Hansen QB 4 star (OU) Sanders WR (Texas) Luper whatever his name is WR (TCU), Voytik QB (Pitt) It is an easy way for them to get talent they can't get straight out of HS. Guyot went to ASU also but they wouldn't clear him either.

You realize his brother has offers from everyone already....and we have about 6 players from the same area and 2 from the same team...

I doubt OP realizes a whole lot.

Cool story bro.

Kids a 5star and best at his position in florida. Simply saying what this kid himself has said you effin morons.

Also this kid has stayed out of trouble for two years in juco and has done a ton of community service.

Advertisement

No one will be paying any attention to Coach Benjamin Button once the initial shock of him diving into Bolivian wears off.

Coach Button is living his coaching life in reverse. From NFL HC to major college HC to $1.3M OC at the #1 team in college football to $500K HC at a downtrodden bottom of the barrel G5 team.

Sadly, but not at all surprisingly, we still have pathetic UM fans eating this ****'s butt.

Former Florida State quarterback De’Andre Johnson, who just finished a season with East Mississippi Community College, has agreed to become an Owl and enroll this January, according to multiple reports. He’ll have three years of eligibility remaining.

Johnson’s younger brother Tyreke is a five-star defensive back for the Class of 2018 and has expressed interest in playing football with his brother. So, Kiffin may have laid the groundwork for some unprecedented recruiting at Florida Atlantic.

I'm thinking the 5* brother was thinking more along the lines of "lets see if we can get you into a legit program if I promise to go there", as opposed to "you just get accepted into any trash pile of a school and I'll follow you".

This

Who cares if he is a former 4 star and FSU QB. He literally doesn't show a single other offer than FAU. That should tell you something. I'm an alum, and I honestly don't see the Kiffin hire as anything special for the school. I'm as worried that he is going to leave scorched earth in his wake as bring any talent there. Small schools like them need to get coaches who can actually coach. Like the guy at Western Kentucky. Kiffin is the exact opposite of that.

This is an underrated post. Very good point. Frat boy can create a lot of publicity, and probably attract some former four stars that have been kicked off teams.

The most important question though is, can he coach, can he build up a team from nothing or from very little. Can he actually do the work and build the infrastructure required to make them a good team. Just throwing some former four stars on the squad doesn't guarantee anything.

This could easily be a case of the school hiring a famous name, but one that doesn't accomplish anything. The same way some people are predicting that he will succeed and be gone to greener pastures in a couple years, it could also be just as likely that he turns FAU into even more of a dumpster fire and leave the place worse than how he found it.

IMO, this is not a slamdunk hire, this is a high risk hire. There could be a reward, there could also be an unmitigated disaster. I think the latter is more likely.

Advertisement
Back