2025 Kellen Wiley Jr, LB/ATH - Armwood HS (Tampa, FL) offered

The guy has the frame but seems like he would take a a couple years to truly learn the position. He’s not shooting gaps like he’s confident in where he’s going. At least imo, but I’m no scout. I really just loved the way Melendez was so fast to diagnose a play that he was at the LOS faster than the RB like he was shot out of a cannon.
I think we need to be able to watch full games of players not just highlights. I liked Melendez film too, but I think there were some red flags with him.

Kellen Wiley looks like he would fit into this Hurricane culture and defensive scheme. A couple years in the S&C program and he'll be a certified monster!!!

Advertisement
I think we need to be able to watch full games of players not just highlights. I liked Melendez film too, but I think there were some red flags with him.

Kellen Wiley looks like he would fit into this Hurricane culture and defensive scheme. A couple years in the S&C program and he'll be a certified monster!!!

Agreed and I’m sure the staff does obviously watch those full games. And the character and locker room fit is extreme important, see Cormani

The guy has the frame but seems like he would take a a couple years to truly learn the position. He’s not shooting gaps like he’s confident in where he’s going. At least imo, but I’m no scout. I really just loved the way Melendez was so fast to diagnose a play that he was at the LOS faster than the RB like he was shot out of a cannon.
he doing what he is told to do in the defense they are playing . once he is in a system he will perform. no need to worry about him. he will be just fine where ever he goes to play ball. #characterA+ #MotorA+ #willingness to be coached A+ any coach he has played for will tell u that .

he doing what he is told to do in the defense they are playing . once he is in a system he will perform. no need to worry about him. he will be just fine where ever he goes to play ball. #characterA+ #MotorA+ #willingness to be coached A+ any coach he has played for will tell u that .
I can see that for sure. He def has that frame to blow up and be a freak at 19-20 years old after some time in a college program! Excited to see the film he puts out the rest of the season

Advertisement
Sounds like a good fit with the good guys! Hope you guys have a good visit!

Advertisement
Let him know it's cool if he wanna commit this weekend and lock in that spot

Advertisement
Alderman too. He’s a RS JR.
Yeah Alderman isn’t leaving u less I guess he is just beat out by younger guys and transfers.

I’d only question if Wes leaves for draft or not, and that’s just gunna be determined by how good of a year and what his stock is.

If Chase Smith didn’t leave this offseason I doubt he leaves next. Seems like dude is just a Cane through and through, and he actually got PT.

If anyone is ready to dip it will be both Washington brothers who got no PT against UF.

Yeah Alderman isn’t leaving u less I guess he is just beat out by younger guys and transfers.

I’d only question if Wes leaves for draft or not, and that’s just gunna be determined by how good of a year and what his stock is.

If Chase Smith didn’t leave this offseason I doubt he leaves next. Seems like dude is just a Cane through and through, and he actually got PT.

If anyone is ready to dip it will be both Washington brothers who got no PT against UF.

Wes at 225 tops wont be an early leave candidate.

Your guess to the Washington's would be a higher percentage or maybe Chase if he gets nil or full time starter job but he may be inline for starting job next year in Kiko Spot who knows. Hes a legacy like you said as well and is getting reps. But could end up like a corey flagg deal who played a good bit last year and scrapped to go back home to play.

I would like to keep the Washingtons in the fold though. Robby looked engaged tduring the game celebrating hard as ****.

Advertisement
His junior film is great too. Did your son not attend camps in the off season? I legit can’t figure out how he isn’t ranked higher based on film.

It definitely benefitted Kyle because he kept the movement of a 6 feet tall player who then was taller and longer.
Anthony Davis had a similar experience in basketball. He developed his skills as a guard, grew late but had those skills that he likely would not have developed had he been tall early and forced to play inside.
We saw it last year with Kyshawn George who grew like 6 inches his HS senior year

Advertisement
Back