Just out of curiosity

Cristobal has not proven anything. He sucks and his records sucks.

He has consistently posted 5 and 6 loss seasons in the Sunbelt Conference:ohlord:

No way he is on Golden's level

Golden's career record at Temple was something like 33-40, so you can't really judge Cristobal off of his record.

Mario has fielded the most talented team in the Sunbelt for a while and still losses 5 to 6 games a year. He is no different than Randy Shannon in that regards.

The Owls finished 9-4 this season and was a botched FG from being 10-3

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really hoping you all are correct. Not because Golden would leave, but because if he's being seriously courted by NFL teams for a head coaching gig then he will have been doing some serious winning here.

I preferred Golden over Cristobal, but preferred Cristobal over Edsall. Hypothetically, i would swap Cristobal for Golden now because I think they are equal and Mario would be here long term. I beleive as soon as Golden starts winning, he bails. Mario is from here and a part of the culture of Miami-Dade County.

Yea that's what I think too. At the time, I agree Golden was the guy, but everything looks better in hindsight. Golden is gone to the NFL when he starts to win

Cristobal isn't/wasn't ready for the gig, and as others have said we needed an outside hire. Going back to the well for guys that have been part of previous staffs wasn't really an option.

And lulz at people throwing throwing the most overrated coach in the game out there as always in Mike Leech. Guy did nothing more than keep the status quo at Texas Tech, but folks act like he worked magic there.

Cristobal should have taken the PITT job to add more value to his resume. He wasn't that right choice for UM at the time Golden was hired. However, I do think Mario is a good coach and has a nice future ahead of him outside of FIU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back