July 29, 2023 BBQ

The white sauce started at Big Bob Gibson's where they put it on chicken wings and half chickens. Every other is copy cat of that and not as good. As far as places like Dreamland and Full Moon they have a vinegar-ketchup-molasses based sauce but thicker and more sweeter than your Carolina based sauces
Dreamland has a little zing to it. But it's been since the 90's since I ate there.

Advertisement
The white sauce started at Big Bob Gibson's where they put it on chicken wings and half chickens. Every other is copy cat of that and not as good. As far as places like Dreamland and Full Moon they have a vinegar-ketchup-molasses based sauce but thicker and more sweeter than your Carolina based sauces
Good stuff, thanks. I was aware of the white sauce but your comment made it sound as though there was something more than just the sauce.

It's a shame there aren't good BBQ joints in South Florida. The best BBQ down here is if you know a buddy that has a smoker.

Good stuff, thanks. I was aware of the white sauce but your comment made it sound as though there was something more than just the sauce.

It's a shame there aren't good BBQ joints in South Florida. The best BBQ down here is if you know a buddy that has a smoker.
I think it's like that everywhere. It's cheaper and tastes just as good. I got a case of spare ribs for $50 bucks for the 4th. You can't beat $6.50 a slab. I took four slabs gave my dad the other four and I just used two that day got two more in the freezer. Mother in law loved them.

What are the ingredients in Alabama white sauce?

Advertisement
Black And White Oops GIF by Buyout Footage

Advertisement
I agree. People say if you use sauce then the bbq is no good. Its total bs. A nice wipe of sauce on ribs while they are cooking takes it to another level when it sets up a nice glaze.
If anyone sauces a properly smoked brisket that isn't dried out, they're a piece of **** plain and simple. Anything else with sauce is fair game. I prefer Memphis dry rub on my ribs but I always sauce a rack for the wife and kids.

If I ever see someone saucing my brisket its either fisticuffs or seppuku.

Suicide Samurai GIF

Advertisement
If anyone sauces a properly smoked brisket that isn't dried out, they're a piece of **** plain and simple. Anything else with sauce is fair game. I prefer Memphis dry rub on my ribs but I always sauce a rack for the wife and kids.

Suicide Samurai GIF
Only Burnt ends need to be sauced. There's a place called the Shack right outside Birmingham that makes a burnt end sandwich the best bbq Ive ever had

Only Burnt ends need to be sauced. There's a place called the Shack right outside Birmingham that makes a burnt end sandwich the best bbq Ive ever had
journey of course GIF

I've honestly never made them, I prefer slicing my point and serving it as-is, but I understand the appeal of burnt ends. I'll give them a shot some day.

Advertisement

Suicide Samurai GIF
Agree. Briskets a totally different story lol

Hmm. Not opposed to mayo-based sauces. But not sure about one on BBQ. Would certainly try it though.

It's OK on the side, but I definitely wouldn't cook with it. There was a BBQ place in Greenville, SC that had all the different regional sauces, that was the first time I tried it and theirs was quite good. I've had some hits and misses at other locations.

Advertisement
Back