Visits July 27, 2024 Canes Cookout/Pool Party Visitors

I always like to look back for perspective. These cookouts seem to be as much about the next years classes as anything so figured I would post it up to see how it’s playing out with 2025 guys

Doesn’t seem like last years BBQ did much other than solidify some guys we already had

Agreed, and I think that's why many coaches/programs wanted this period gone from recruiting. Next year the dead period continues into August, there is no BBQ weekend.

Advertisement
Agreed, and I think that's why many coaches/programs wanted this period gone from recruiting. Next year the dead period continues into August, there is no BBQ weekend.
Makes sense. I would never say it’s a bad thing to do things like this but I’m sure coaching staffs everywhere are just trying to find a more efficient way to go about this stuff

Looking at that list from last year we had 31 prospects in 25 class attend. 4 are committed and of the rest there’s only about 6-8 that we still recruiting. Don’t know how that compares to previous years or other schools but those are the numbers.

Personally, I view this more as a “launch party” before the real work begins on the next class than an event that’s going to yield a bunch of immediate commitments.

Luke says that Scroggins will be there with his twin (??) brother (?), Raphael "Ralph," who seems to be a PWO recruit.
With the scholarship increase he wont be a "PWO" technically right? He could just be one of the extra scholarship players?

With the scholarship increase he wont be a "PWO" technically right? He could just be one of the extra scholarship players?
I would imagine that most schools will be using the extra scholies on FCS starters and quality depth.

Advertisement
I would imagine that most schools will be using the extra scholies on FCS starters and quality depth.
We'll see, most kids want to play so I doubt they would go and be benchwarmers/6th string players. I see it more so used on PWO and kids who mail it in and dont want to be forced to transfer.

85-90 sure

90-105 are never seeing the field. Like probably ever.

👀

@DMoney from the 7/26 Bank

- We expect at least two secret visitors. I'll report on them if they make it on campus. Impact 2025 guys.

Advertisement

IMG_0330.webp

- There have been rumors about DE Herbert "Third" Scroggins III (Savannah), LB Elijah Melendez (Kissimmee) and CB Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine (New Iberia, LA). I'm told that all three are solid and attending the Miami cookout.​

I always like to look back for perspective. These cookouts seem to be as much about the next years classes as anything so figured I would post it up to see how it’s playing out with 2025 guys

Doesn’t seem like last years BBQ did much other than solidify some guys we already had

Reading between the lines in D$ Bank from today, I think this weekend may determine if Louis, Fitzgerald and potentially Ffrench end up in this class. So it could be a very impactful weekend (IDK if it results in commitments though).

👀

- We expect at least two secret visitors. I'll report on them if they make it on campus. Impact 2025 guys.

Jeremiah Smith and he’s applying for a hardship transfer waver

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reading between the lines in D$ Bank from today, I think this weekend may determine if Louis, Fitzgerald and potentially Ffrench end up in this class. So it could be a very impactful weekend (IDK if it results in commitments though).
Yeah I would never insinuate it’s a bad idea or doesn’t matter

Just like to see how these things play out so you get an idea of what the staff expects or maybe is trying to do

Building camaraderie in a class is clearly a huge part of it and probably helps explain why we have very few flips

Advertisement
Back