July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Advertisement
Are all 3 a take? How would you rank them? 1-3
Blount is gonna be a 5-star type kid.
Smith is a war daddy.
Green is 3-tech with motor.

They can all be takes, but Green doesn't have a Miami offer yet. (Blount & Smith do)

My favorite thing - they all have a mean streak. They're very nasty on the field. They want to destroy and embarrass people.

They're only puppies.

Blount is gonna be a 5-star type kid.
Smith is a war daddy.
Green is 3-tech with motor.

They can all be takes, but Green doesn't have a Miami offer yet. (Blount & Smith do)

My favorite thing - they all have a mean streak. They're very nasty on the field. They want to destroy and embarrass people.

They're only puppies.
Wasn't Blount Mario's "first" offer as HC here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looked great coming out of high school and it made zero sense why he suddenly looked like he didn’t belong here until you realized who was in charge
I don't think it was exactly that. I think it was the now-departed TRob coaching him "up". All of our DBs looked better under the Panda & Rumph than they did under TRob. He may be a solid recruiter (if aligned with a big brand) but none of our DBs looked better under TRob's tutelage. Expect Couch to take a leap forward this year under Addae and a really strong group of defensive coaches.

Advertisement
I don't think it was exactly that. I think it was the now-departed TRob coaching him "up". All of our DBs looked better under the Panda & Rumph than they did under TRob. He may be a solid recruiter (if aligned with a big brand) but none of our DBs looked better under TRob's tutelage. Expect Couch to take a leap forward this year under Addae and a really strong group of defensive coaches.
T robs main issue is same as it's always been. He's not about walking you through the fundamentals etc. Hes not gonna build you up. He'll support you if you already there. But he's VERY though on kids & most kids this generation can't handle that. Combine that with the fact t rob want allowed to run his room the way he wanted to. He was part of Manny's system and was gonna coach kids Mandy's way. It was a recipe for failure from jump & why is constantly mentioned only being able to recruit is secondary to coaching. I also find it amusing that now you see all these kids that mention Mike & how much they fvck with him etc & yet not one soul on here has said how great he's doing with recruiting. Lol. No different from dvd but y'all blame Mike for heritage etc. 🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back