July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Advertisement
Wanted to keep the names quiet, but since they both popped up on 247 after my post:

Kylen Webb (Clemson) and Conrad Hussey (Penn State). Safeties.

Both are dynamic athletes with track numbers who can score with the ball in their hands.
@DMoney
staff starting to get frustrated by the unwanted leaks? Saw on 247 Gabby mentioned he was told not to create a list of visitors for this event. I appreciate his hustle but you cant be a blabermouth and expect to continue getting info. Thats a hard reputation to shed.

Have to provide content and keep people interested in the program but some things are better left alone no matter how juicy (and by alone I mean alone, not "I know something but I can tell you" betta crap). An experienced reporter knows the difference and how to walk that line properly.

Advertisement
We are getting Kinsler on the 28th

I Guess The Breakfast Club GIF by For(bes) The Culture

FWIW - Gaby mentioned that they were asked by staff NOT to post any kind of "list" of guys attending the BBQ. He said he is aware that at least ON3 was also asked the same. I would assume that Rivals got the memo, too.

He said it's fine to speculate, etc but he will not be making any kind of official list. He did mention that he believes it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-40 recruits. Mario isn't looking to hold another Elite Prospect day type event...

FWIW - Gaby mentioned that they were asked by staff NOT to post any kind of "list" of guys attending the BBQ. He said he is aware that at least ON3 was also asked the same. I would assume that Rivals got the memo, too.

He said it's fine to speculate, etc but he will not be making any kind of official list. He did mention that he believes it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-40 recruits. Mario isn't looking to hold another Elite Prospect day type event...
I wonder why…….

Advertisement
No idea If he’s splitting or not; wasn’t confirmed. We have the tweet from mid July from a UM source that he was coming, but yesterday M’Pemba confirmed he’ll be in Gainesville “next weekend”. Hence why I asked the question if he’s splitting or blowing us off.

And if he’s blowing us off, then it probably isn’t a good sign, despite us allegedly being in his Top 2 with UGA.
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
@DMoney
staff starting to get frustrated by the unwanted leaks? Saw on 247 Gabby mentioned he was told not to create a list of visitors for this event. I appreciate his hustle but you cant be a blabermouth and expect to continue getting info. Thats a hard reputation to shed.

Have to provide content and keep people interested in the program but some things are better left alone no matter how juicy (and by alone I mean alone, not "I know something but I can tell you" betta crap). An experienced reporter knows the difference and how to walk that line properly.
That's what happens when you put a novice in front of a keyboard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back