July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Wanted to keep the names quiet, but since they both popped up on 247 after my post:

Kylen Webb (Clemson) and Conrad Hussey (Penn State). Safeties.

Both are dynamic athletes with track numbers who can score with the ball in their hands.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Advertisement
That’s great getting the Nade crew to come to the BBQ.

Normally I’m against having high ranked South FL kids visit too many times without committing, but in the case of the 2024 prospects we need them to get as familiar with the staff & the environment as much as possible.
Agreed. Freeloading mother****ers!

Advertisement
Wanted to keep the names quiet, but since they both popped up on 247 after my post:

Both are dynamic athletes with track numbers who can score with the ball in their hands.
Love trend toward guys with range and dynamic scoring ability. No more Amari Carter types.

Safety needs to continue to be a position we hit on. Tae, Kam and James will shine and give kids a lot to think about!

Advertisement
I say we should bring in a hole bunch of mouth watering shorties!!

Gotta make sure every recruit gets their fill and is satiated, yet stays hungry to return for more and more
View attachment 200029

View attachment 200031View attachment 200032
@Paranos
Now the 2nd group got them cheeks! The 1st group…throw em away

I understand the sentiment of moving on. But we haven’t played a game. The longer these offensive kids wait the better it may be for us. We put up numbers the first 6-8 weeks it could turn some heads. Then if they are still pulling this you can move on.
I think this is about the frustration with SF kids. I know it is for me. Just like Mario's changing the culture of the program, the culture of top local recruits towards UM needs to change.

Just like we have PTSD over Manny, some of the home recruits seem to have it. It's like the out of state kids have a higher regard for UM than the local kids do and that shouldn't be the case.

I do think things will change with the 2024 and 2025 classes. Win on the field and put up that fence with the sign "Beware of Dog!!!: State of Miami" stamped on it.

Last edited:
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF
Plays a young Skip Bayless in the upcoming film “I hate Labron”

Advertisement
I think this is about the frustration with SF kids. I know it is for me. Just like Mario's changing the culture of the program, the culture of top local recruits towards UM needs to change.

Just like we have PTSD over Manny, some of the home recruits seem to have it. It's like the out of state kids have a higher regard for UM than the local kids do and that shouldn't be the case.

I do think things will change with the 2024 and 2025 classes. Win on the field and put up that fence with the sign "Beware of Dog!!!: State of Miami" stamped on it.
3 things that'll make it change.

1. Win
2. Develop
3. Elite national recruiting

Hearing at least two blue chippers committed to big schools will be attending. Not the most talked-about names but legit talents.

On Friday night's episode, Flo said there were going to be multiple recruits attending the BBQ that were strong flip candidates. The implication to me was there were more than two, but we will see (one of them being a DL). But thanks to 247 being a leaky ship, we at least know two names

GIF by GymaidLtd

Win on the field and these mfer’s will be tearing that wall down to get the *** to The U.

Advertisement

Good to see Hussey on the list. He’s a very solid S prospect. Now that Aguero committed to Georgia I hope we put the full court press on for a flip and bring Hussey in with Bonsu!!

That one handed pick Hussey snagged that went viral still pops up in my head anytime I see his name!

Advertisement
Back