Jess Simpson gone.

That happened quickly or at least it was very hush hush. Recruits seemed to really like Simpson from what I was reading.
Seems like it's going to hurt us in recruiting on the front end. Hopefully the fact we have a full cycle ahead let's us do damage control. Simpson is a good coach.

Advertisement
Stroud has MUCH more experience coaching at this level than Simpson and has coached a former number 1 overall pick under his belt at ncstate. He’s a good coach, while Simpson was an up and coming coach and I liked him at Miami he is not irreplacble. We are still going to do what we have done on the dline since manny has been here and that’s play aggressive

Advertisement
Let me guess our production is supposed to drop off just like it was meant to drop off last year? Man stfu Manny knows what he wants in a defense and we have our DC, we have the scheme and athletes to eat with our defense every year, Simpson was an amazing hire but going from college ball to the NFL is what usually happens when someone is an amazing hire and has the resume to back it up. If Stroud has any lick of experience, then it only gets better for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Disappointed to lose Simpson, but he was going to head to the NFL inevitably. Surprised that no one has yet mentioned that with the hire of his replacement, we are looking at a coordinator taking a lesser position coach job, even if it does include the associate head coach title. Just glad to see us bringing in experience at the position coach level and not promoting a GA or something like that.

Just hope this guy can teach like a technician at the position level, he clearly seems to bring some level of strategic competence.

We'll see... But yeah, not going to get too bent out of shape over this. Seems as though it's been handled well and openly and honestly on all sides.

That happened quickly or at least it was very hush hush. Recruits seemed to really like Simpson from what I was reading.
Still trying to figure out if Stroud was brought in as an insurance f policy for a situation like this. Think Simpson is an elite teacher/developer of defensive tackles. Stroud seems to be more geared toward defensive ends. Either way Simpson will be missed in my opinion.

Last edited:
TO COACH SIMPSON "THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK"

Advertisement
Back