2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Whether it is a "good thing" or a "bad thing" is unknown.

What we do know is that a QB that Jeremiah had comfort with at Ohio Taint is leaving Taint. And while the "new QB" might be "much better", the same could be said for whoever Miami or F$U pursues.

So ON THIS ISSUE ALONE (who your QB will be), there has been a reset.

Relax.
Honestly while I agree with Beast that it’s not necessarily a good thing

If it were as simple as who the QB was then we would never even be in this recruitment to begin with

Holes247 Blowhard posted an update.

- Florida will be at Chaminade today but the unofficial may not happen.
- FSU will get the official after Smith's state championship game up there.
- OSU Hartline may visit him but it's not looking like Smith will go back to Columbus prior to signing day.
- Looks like he's hedging his 51% FSU prediction with this..."Miami may be a sneaky program to watch for Smith down the stretch. The Hurricanes had staffers in his home over the weekend and sources indicate the hometown 'Canes could host Smith for one more visit at some point over the next few weeks."

Holes247 Blowhard posted an update.

- Florida will be at Chaminade today but the unofficial may not happen.
- FSU will get the official after Smith's state championship game up there.
- OSU Hartline may visit him but it's not looking like Smith will go back to Columbus prior to signing day.
- Looks like he's hedging his 51% FSU prediction with this..."Miami may be a sneaky program to watch for Smith down the stretch. The Hurricanes had staffers in his home over the weekend and sources indicate the hometown 'Canes could host Smith for one more visit at some point over the next few weeks."
Have to get him on campus and put the absolute full court press with a QB in tow.

Advertisement
These type of threads are so embarrassing. Once a year we have an epic thread like this where the kid was never coming lol
Always want what you can’t have. If Jj was committed since summer this thread would have minimal updates.

Were you around for the Patrick Johnson fiasco?

Good times...

To this day the best db recruit I've personally seen us target...
Shame what happened there man. Those bags from LSU were MASSIVE.

And I know you’re a real one because you said Johnson and not the name he’s went by the last 15 years (Peterson).

Advertisement

And I know you’re a real one because you said Johnson and not the name he’s went by the last 15 years (Peterson).
It always goes back to the 2008 class.
**** ended up hilariously.

Out of the 6/7 five stars that were committed/decommitted Peterson was the gem.

Out of the 4/5 that signed, Arthur Brown was the only one who became AA - and did it at another school.

Out of the 8/9 MNW bulls we offered, the only one we didn’t want became an all pro.

Miami football last two decades in a nutshell

Honestly while I agree with Beast that it’s not necessarily a good thing

If it were as simple as who the QB was then we would never even be in this recruitment to begin with

Again, I'm not saying that was his #1 decision factor. Or even #10.

But whatever level of comfort he had with what was happening at Ohio Taint has been thrown into disarray by a number of players leaving.

And YES, we can say "but that happens everywhere these days". Exactly. Which is why he may just want to rethink things. This is not a "good thing" or a "bad thing", it's just new information that needs to be processed.

And saying that a QB who just led the team to 11 straight wins and then dropped the 12th game by 6 points on the road to the #1 team...somehow makes him a terrible QB...and that there will be some incredibly better player in the Portal...

Well, that's just magical thinking...

Advertisement
It always goes back to the 2008 class.
**** ended up hilariously.

Out of the 6/7 five stars that were committed/decommitted Peterson was the gem.

Out of the 4/5 that signed, Arthur Brown was the only one who became AA - and did it at another school.

Out of the 8/9 MNW bulls we offered, the only one we didn’t want became an all pro.

Miami football last two decades in a nutshell
Whatever voodoo made those things happen need to be studied. To have such massive strike out on everything. We back up though. I think we been doing penance for the 80s and 90s.

Again, I'm not saying that was his #1 decision factor. Or even #10.

But whatever level of comfort he had with what was happening at Ohio Taint has been thrown into disarray by a number of players leaving.

And YES, we can say "but that happens everywhere these days". Exactly. Which is why he may just want to rethink things. This is not a "good thing" or a "bad thing", it's just new information that needs to be processed.

And saying that a QB who just led the team to 11 straight wins and then dropped the 12th game by 6 points on the road to the #1 team...somehow makes him a terrible QB...and that there will be some incredibly better player in the Portal...

Well, that's just magical thinking...
This is why you’re one of my favorite posters

You just had like 8 debates with people and none of them were what I said 😂

I agree with you. There’s a lot of context here I wasn’t trying to suggest otherwise…the opposite actually

And I like McCord personally

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yessir, best DB tape I have ever seen. Dude was playing with QBs and WRs.

Boy was I was livid with that recruiting loss.

"Big Conch" and "RJ Hustle" had us all believing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back