Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina

My concern would be his staff. He’s done very well at CC but a new HC will bring ‘his guys’ and I don’t want a Sun Belt Conference staff. Let someone else take the chance. Same with Bill Clarke.

No.

Yup, and don't forget Neal Brown, some of our fans wanted Him when Richt retired, we never learn.

Advertisement
Bring the Pirate and a really good DC and hire Butch as the recruiting chief .... then call it a day !

No Hee Haw
1637029279300.gif

Advertisement
A young innovative coach who has put an unknown school on the map and only making 850 K a year
Moglia had a lot more to do with Coastal being on the map than Chadwell. I would take Napier over him. Would hope we can do better than either though,

Advertisement
Can confirm this lol. Played for him in college. **** **** near his whole staff is country as **** haha
Yeah, when they played a few weeks ago on ESPN vs App st & I heard him talk on the halftime interview, I was like damnnn that dude makes Jumbo Fisher & Boomhauer Malzahn sound like Harvard professors lol

I think he’s a good coach though, but no way would he fit in Miami, he’s a country boy from Tennessee to the fullest.

He’d do well at a place like South Carolina, even though they just hired Shane Beamer, if he left to go back to VA Tech Chadwell would be a good replacement at South Car.

A coach like Chadwell, or Napier, or Clark, needs a mid-level P5 job. Do well, then get a bigger job. Chadwell’s best win was hosting BYU in last year’s pandemic season. Admirable, sure, but the next best wins were over Kansas, worst team in the Big 12. Losses to Liberty and App State, close losses, but losses.

What games did Chadwell have where they lost, but played smart and were outgunned by a higher-tier team with a superior roster? A game where you’d say, ‘man, that’s a good coach, would love to see what he could do with a much better roster’. A road loss to say Tennessee, Ole Miss, or UNC, but only by 7-10 rather than 21+, where CC had them on the ropes but didn’t quite have the weaponry.

Advertisement
He wouldn’t fit here, he’s a country boy to the 10th^ power, dare I even say a Hillbilly lol

He was born to be a SEC coach.
A **** good coach. I agree he's a better fit in the SEC. Should've gotten the UT job. I think he would do well at UF.

Advertisement
A young innovative coach who has put an unknown school on the map and only making 850 K a year
I'll drink to that, CC been crashing the top 25 in Football these past couple of years and won a F'ing CWS in 2016. If he's somewhat responsible for that then sign me up!!!

Advertisement
Back