James Williams' projection for 2022 and beyond

Yeah yeah yeah. Save it. You all say that because you’ve witnessed ST story already play out. I do agree ST was a beast, but J-Will doesn’t have to be ST. He just needs to be a great safety! Which he will be. I Never compared J-Will to ST from the start. I’m just stating the facts that today, going into 2022, at 6’3 230 coming into college… without knowing his future… you all would put ST at LB. maybe even DE. Never mind what he did in HS or camps… you would move him down to the line because of his size. That’s just what y’all do… base it on size lol. THATS A FACT! It’s alright. I’m done with this convo now. It’s actually dumb topic seeing as no one here can do **** but watch lol.
Well, you seem open to an honest conversation on the topic.

Any idiot with a semblance of football knowledge could see Sean Taylor as a safety, but hey you keep saying everyone would do this and that.

Advertisement
Again, nah. In this case, It’s been said JW is actively restricting his diet. I don’t know him, so I have no way to confirm. It was posed as a question in the OP. But, if he is working hard to stay slim enough to play S, then he’s only delaying the inevitable. If it’s a bogus claim, then who knows. He’s still at his best chasing QBs around and screaming off the edge (not as a DL, but as a blitzer).
He is more Jamal Adams than Sean Taylor and their is nothing wrong with that.

How many 6'5" Safeties are playing football right now?

There's a reason for that.

You think James Williams is a once-in-a-lifetime talent that somehow defies athletic physics?

Stop bringing up Sean.
Sean was 6'2" 230 not 6'5" 240+.
We've seen other Safeties the size of Sean. We've NEVER seen a Safety the size of JW.

First and foremost, James Williams struggles to tackle in space while running downhill. I've seen him get shook out of his cleats. That's one big issue right there.
Coach how does JW compare to Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame!

How is J-Will not a sure thing at DB? It's like all l y'all do is read blogs to listen to other people opinion rather than watch the game. The kid has shown nothing but the fact that he can play DB, AT AN ELITE LEVEL, and you over here talking about he isn't a sure thing? SMH. Like I said, I'm pretty sure lots of people said the same thing about Sean Taylor. You only saying that now cause you've seen Sean Taylor story play out.
I'm saying that because I remember their recruitment and the type of players they are.

Just move him around. First he isn't the athletic freak Isaiah Simmons is. People make that comparison, but he isn't running a 4.39.

He can play deep
Safety on some plays.

If teams flex a TE let him man him up.

Bring him in the box when you think a team is running it Heavy.

Blitz him
Off edge from an OLB position.
I think he’s more of a natural DB than Simmons.

Agree with the rest though. He’s smart enough to handle that kind of role and he has the physical tools.

Advertisement
regardless of where JW lines up, I think it's imperative UM get it's best (and fastest) 11 out there. Especially at the second level..

Every guy you just named is 225lbs or less.
And only Watkins is 6'5".

James Williams is 6'5" and a happy meal away from 245lbs.

Also, tell me what kind of schemes they play in, because that makes a difference as well.
You right coach. James a hybrid LB that needs to be moved around and schemed for. Can also drop back into coverage. He's not a guy you put in a spot and leave him. He's a cat you move around for greater effectiveness and give offense something else to plan for.

Agree I think he’s a good safety but would make more of an impact at LB, he just plays different when he is closer to the line of scrimmage
Yeah he could be great at either don’t get me wrong. He’s just that good

Yeah yeah yeah. Save it. You all say that because you’ve witnessed ST story already play out. I do agree ST was a beast, but J-Will doesn’t have to be ST. He just needs to be a great safety! Which he will be. I Never compared J-Will to ST from the start. I’m just stating the facts that today, going into 2022, at 6’3 230 coming into college… without knowing his future… you all would put ST at LB. maybe even DE. Never mind what he did in HS or camps… you would move him down to the line because of his size. That’s just what y’all do… base it on size lol. THATS A FACT! It’s alright. I’m done with this convo now. It’s actually dumb topic seeing as no one here can do **** but watch lol.
Outsiders looking in, crazy What people saying about the player who inspired this team and fan base to pull a turnaround. He won’t respond so I won’t either, look forward to seeing y’all next year on this exact day Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back