James Williams late hit penalty Clemson and accountability

That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario
OH ****.. You reminded me of something.. Got ALOT of smoke when I peeped this early but CIS told me no worries..

**** time flies, seems like yesterday we were crowning Him as the next Baby Jeezus. That's why I feel sorry for Cormani McClain.
Bro miami is where 5 stars come to die, the legend continues

Advertisement
I was shocked he stayed in there. Especially with how bad he's been playing.
I mentioned this in another thread about coaches and players holding each other accountable when mistakes were made.

It was a very very late hit out of bounds. He had plenty of time to process it and a stupid penalty and a mental error.

I would’ve liked to see him sit out for the next couple plays. No accountability.

**** time flies, seems like yesterday we were crowning Him as the next Baby Jeezus. That's why I feel sorry for Cormani McClain.
Now this is funny. You’re comparing a player who absolutely has a position vs a player who has none.

CM is going to naturally gain the weight needed to play at this level. JW has been trying not to gain weight because he wants to stay at safety. If he just grew into what his body should be with SC he would already be lb size. He’s physically weak when he makes contact. I would love to know what he actually does in the weight room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to
Simple Mario is nothing but a XXXX show himself

That was a horrible look.

Mario brings nothing to the table other than recruiting and culture/discipline supposedly and let’s that slide?

Advertisement
While i get what everyone is saying, i am somewhat curious if there are reasons that are not apparent (i.e getting guys lined up, practice habits etc), that he still gets as much leash as he does. Like Knighton, my gut says not to give up on this kid. I said position change before and that he wont play safety in the NFL but in terms of the here and now, whether at LB or in another facet, i am wondering if he can thrive with the addition of some newer players to push him along with his self growth/maturity.

I think he has a better chance at DE than LB.
Kinda agree with you tho he will have trouble setting an edge. I don’t see him gaining meaningful weight and if he can’t set an edge then he becomes a situational pass rusher.

He can’t be an every down LB ‘cuz he cannot tackle. Maybe situational “rover” type to cover TEs or spy the QB.

I (like many others) am done with the James Wiliams experiment at safety. It’s a failure. Avantae isn’t the answer either (he is constantly lost out there).

Give Markeith Williams more snaps. The kid hits like a truck and plays hard in the limited reps I’ve watched.

I’ve been told LB is very possible next year as a permanent move but I have some doubts he can even do that. I guess we’ll see.
I don’t believe he’s a good enough tackler to be a successful linebacker. Smh but maybe one more off season can fix that? I’m hoping so.

Many of our coaches seem shell shocked 😲
TBH, we throw the "culture " word around this board all the time. At the time, our current culture looks more like mold.

Advertisement
James Williams is a high IQ football player that makes a lot of good players on the field but gets emotional and takes it out on opposing offenses… we need more players like him with his mentality anybody that says different can **** Off.

James Williams is a high IQ football player that makes a lot of good players on the field but gets emotional and takes it out on opposing offenses… we need more players like him with his mentality anybody that says different can **** Off.

Imagine our tackling with 11 James Williams

Advertisement
I’ve been told LB is very possible next year as a permanent move but I have some doubts he can even do that. I guess we’ll see.

i question whether he has the IQ to handle the mental aspects of a switch to LB.

also, how a LB plays in space is very different than how a FS plays in space. and those differences don't necessarily match with what he can (and can't) do.

Based on what metric? His likely score of about 60 on the Stanford-Binet test???

The guy is long and athletic.

But as a football player, mentally, he's somewhere between useless and cancerous

Two years removed from High School and #0 has done little to improve his game. Doesn’t tackle, takes poor angles and undisciplined. Playing in space is not his strength.

At this point, the only position for him is a stand up rush end in a 3-4 system. Use him to get after the QB.

A shame. Another SFL top 5 Star that chose not to improve his game…Hope the best for him and wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep if he transferred.

Advertisement
Back