James Williams late hit penalty Clemson and accountability

I really don’t see him playing well at any position.
His situational awareness is non existent... He gets lost out there so often...

Like the quick slant TD in the end zone where Ivey had outside leverage. JW is supposed to stand in the inside passing lanes but he drifted too far outside (for no reason, there was nobody out there to cover) and left the passing lane wide open.

That ball should have never been able to get through that crowd in such a short/tight field.

Advertisement
That makes sense and he would have chance to have success if you minimize his assignments/reads to “go to ball carrier”
Don’t think we do a lot 3-4, but rush OLB would be ideal for him?
He’s not exactly Ed Reed with football IQ. On top of the issues in space. If he wasn’t such a highly recruited kid he’d never played a down at safety. The conversation needs to happen and if he doesn’t like that he has other options with the portal. I do know he wouldn’t be playing safety at UGA right now.

He seems like a positionless player. Looks the part of something very useful physically, he's a football player and usually I'd be all about putting the onus on the coaching staff for not maximizing his abilities, but he makes a lot of really bad mistakes. He looks like he's got that 40 AWR and 60 TKL out there most of the time. Low IQ football player would be a good way of describing him.

He's just not getting better or flashing more positive plays as his career moves on to think he'll come around either. Just lots of bad football most of the time.

Advertisement
That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario
I thought that you were making sense until that last paragraph. I’m sorry, but are you a Cane?

If he can move to LB we can have him kam and tae on the field at one time. Tae needs to show more anyway this could be his chance. Btw did anyone see m. Williams put that Clemson player on his ***??? Slim Jim got some thump to him don’t he

I think part of his low IQ is he is desperate for a highlight hit or to jump a route. Instead of just doing his job. Which is when good things happen. Kam wanted so bad to make big plays to help us win esrly it led to those huge gains/TDs then he realized if each person does their job it’s more effective.

If he moves to Lb and doesn’t clean that up he will just get sucked in on fakes and give up long gains still.

He’s not exactly Ed Reed with football IQ. On top of the issues in space. If he wasn’t such a highly recruited kid he’d never played a down at safety. The conversation needs to happen and if he doesn’t like that he has other options with the portal. I do know he wouldn’t be playing safety at UGA right now.
that was Manny recruiting. promise he can play safety to get him, Recruit chantz to get Rivers, tell rique he can play corner, etc

Advertisement
I thought that you were making sense until that last paragraph. I’m sorry, but are you a Cane?
Yeah ****head. I’m also not in a cult. I can express a legit concern.

for everyone else since this guy can’t use quotes, apparently I’m not a cane now despite my degree and 30 years of donations and season tickets while living in (checks map) California because I said the following:

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario.

Last edited:
Agreed with all. I’m sure someone will take a chance on him if he went portal, but it won’t be playoff contender for sure. His tape don’t lie. At. All.

Advertisement
Is Duke Johnson the last 5 star that played like a 5 star here? For an array of differing reasons, the hit/bust ratio is ******* astronomically bad for such a low number to source from.
Really wanted to see JWill beast out and be an I.Simmons..but times ticking, looking more like Ray Ray Armstrong.

If he can move to LB we can have him kam and tae on the field at one time. Tae needs to show more anyway this could be his chance. Btw did anyone see m. Williams put that Clemson player on his ***??? Slim Jim got some thump to him don’t he
Yah that was a thump. Pretty sure it was on the kickoff after the safety.

Yeah ****head. I’m also not in a cult. I can express a legit concern.

for everyone else since this guy can’t use quotes, apparently I’m not a cane now despite my degree and 30 years of donations and season tickets while living in (checks map) California because I said the following:

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario.

No need to:

1). Name call
2). Respond to stuff like that.

This thread is progressing nicely. Don't derail your own thread.

Advertisement
Just make him a rush end at this point.. I’m done defending him..
I agree and have been saying that since he got here but he is still really light for his size.... He hasn't added much weight since getting here if any at all... still looks razor thin... He needs to be somewhere in the 250 range to move to the line at his height ... not sure anymore if he can put on the weight or even wants too...

I’ve been told LB is very possible next year as a permanent move but I have some doubts he can even do that. I guess we’ll see.
I agree with you.... with what we have coming in at LB would he be able to beat them out for the position??? I'm actually serious about that... I know being Freshman will be a transition for the incoming guys but they have natural experience at the position that out weighs James just moving in for the sake of moving in...

Is Duke Johnson the last 5 star that played like a 5 star here? For an array of differing reasons, the hit/bust ratio is ******* astronomically bad for such a low number to source from.
Really wanted to see JWill beast out and be an I.Simmons..but times ticking, looking more like Ray Ray Armstrong.

Duke was on another level than all these five stars we've been getting. Solid football player. I really appreciated his game.

Advertisement
Back