Jahfari Harvey to the portal per Navarro

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be ridiculous. Coaches gave Davante every chance to be our starter. But he was more a liability than an asset when on the field. So if he wants to transfer again, more power to him. But I would hope that would have nothing to do with Damari at this point. He's getting excellent coaching from Guidry and Addae, is already in the starting rotation, and is counted on to be a starter for 2024.
Sometimes its not about that.. ALOT of these issues stem from what the coaches TELL these players, I think that gets them in trouble more times than not. The days of coaches telling these players whatever they want to hear and then not coming thru and just shrugging it off and saying be team players like psychopaths is over.. You cant jerk these kids around like that..

Sometimes its not about that.. ALOT of these issues stem from what the coaches TELL these players, I think that gets them in trouble more times than not. The days of coaches telling these players whatever they want to hear and then not coming thru and just shrugging it off and saying be team players like psychopaths is over.. You cant jerk these kids around like that..

But what would they have told Davante or Damari that would be a lie? Come to Miami, we think you are a sure fire starter? ... Well, they started both of them. Big Bro made a ton of mistakes and lost his starting spot, Lil Bro didn't set the world on fire like a Bain or Fletcher, but played well enough to keep rotating in.

Advertisement
But what would they have told Davante or Damari that would be a lie? Come to Miami, we think you are a sure fire starter? ... Well, they started both of them. Big Bro made a ton of mistakes and lost his starting spot, Lil Bro didn't set the world on fire like a Bain or Fletcher, but played well enough to keep rotating in.
Idk, I am more talking in general because I hear what the kids think and then come on here and see they are wayyyyy off prior to season. Then season come and we dont even rotate so you have a whole bench full of discontent/disgruntled with all type of people in their ears.

And its not about who is right or wrong because once they pull the trigger most gonna stand on it because of pride or whatever, we as fans take the loss in the end.. Its frustrating on all ends, especially when we #forever7n5

let GIF

Advertisement
Solid player who made some plays and was a good member of the program with no issues. Wish him the best

Reminds me of Elijah Roberts where hopefully he lands at a SMU or similar where he can start and have a chance to be more impactful

Next year he was going to be behind Bain, Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, and maybe an incoming freshman or two

Harvey and Chantz are similar where they lack elite twitch and bend to really scare and get by good Tackles. And they’re not powerful enough either

Advertisement
IMO this is the year we finally see the full ramifications of the free COVID year.

There are going to be SO MANY, literally hundreds and hundreds, of kids just like this who are going to be looking for a home. And many are not going to find one. You’re stuffing 6-7 years of players into 85 man roster boxes. There’s just not enough room. It’s just simple math.
Next year will also be interesting, thats when all those extra COVID year players start clearing the system. Things will get a little leaner out there so teams better stock up now. Wont be as much to choose from if you have to rebuild a roster.

IMO this is the year we finally see the full ramifications of the free COVID year.

There are going to be SO MANY, literally hundreds and hundreds, of kids just like this who are going to be looking for a home. And many are not going to find one. You’re stuffing 6-7 years of players into 85 man roster boxes. There’s just not enough room. It’s just simple math.
With the extra upper classmen bodies, more underclassmen have redshirted. Things should return to normal over the next 2 seasons. Perhaps a lot less portal movement as well.

If Damari is our toughest loss this off-season we'll be fine.
? Definitely one of the top 5 players on this team that would hurt to lose. Bain, Francis, Fletcher, Damari at 4? Can't lose the stud freshmen that have already showed they're ready.

Tampering going on and poking at it and it might be working. There's more to it than following his brother. There just seems to be 1 school willing to take them both with multiple connections to Selwyn... plus there's Damari's friends at that program telling him to come.

Dad has friends at other programs and isn't happy with UM for whatever reason. His older son is absolutely terrible. I'd let Damari go if it meant I didn't have to watch 7 play a single snap.
If Mario allows that program to take players away from him again, boy, boy, boy…….

Advertisement
Back