Jahfari Harvey to the portal per Navarro

Logic says there will be 1-2 unwanted portal losses, like Jackson last year, but in general, the vast majority will be role players.
Based on some of the gossip, I'd be shocked if it's only 1-2. Seems like we could rattle off a list of 5 players minimum that were decent contributors this year or expected to be next year that wouldn't surprise most of us.

Advertisement
Tampering going on and poking at it and it might be working. There's more to it than following his brother. There just seems to be 1 school willing to take them both with multiple connections to Selwyn... plus there's Damari's friends at that program telling him to come.

Dad has friends at other programs and isn't happy with UM for whatever reason. His older son is absolutely terrible. I'd let Damari go if it meant I didn't have to watch 7 play a single snap.
Does that team happen to be 12-0 in our own conference 🤔?

Actually thought he did a heck of a job dropping into coverage for a big guy and got better this season than in the past.

I wish him luck, can’t say he’s a huge loss but he does impact depth.

Agree. I've been a big Harvey fan, and IMO expect he finds a role in the league. But he's just not going to start over Bain, Mesidor, Kelly and Wayne. He needs to be in a starting rotation somewhere to get his shot, so no surprise he's transferring. ... Chantz had even less snaps than Harvey, and less disruptive plays. So I'm pretty sure he's portal bound, too.

Advertisement
Hopefully rumors are not true about the brown brothers 😢. Cant follow big bro everywhere
damari started important games for us as a true freshman and davante has 1000 pass interference penalties (and he's already transferred)

haven't seen the CIS rumors but it seems silly

Advertisement
Really hoping Damari isn't one of the guys that the insiders have said will sting.
I would say Damari is the toughest loss we could see and idk if it's even 50/50. A lot of what I hear from FSU I take as BS. Smoke but nothing more than that until I hear it trickling in from other places.

It's not even him.. it's his dad.

Actually thought he did a heck of a job dropping into coverage for a big guy and got better this season than in the past.

I wish him luck, can’t say he’s a huge loss but he does impact depth.
Agreed. If he plans on having any kind of professional career, it’s going to be as an OLB so adding some versatility to his game really improves his status.

Good kid, always played hard. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
Bingo.

I think we hold him in the end.

Not sure how Selwyn can even be mad. Watch the snaps the older kid played. Called for 7 DPI.. I think he was targeted like 12 times on the year. Lol over 50%
That's nuts. Dad should disown his son and tell him to stop riding his younger bros coattails instead of being mad at Miami.

Edit since it's hard to detect sarcasm online: [BGCOLOR=initial]obviously was a joke. For context, his dad was a starting DB at Miami when we won the NC in 1987) at Miami and should be more disappointed in how his son is playing, being his son and with his genetics, rather than mad at Miami.[/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would say Damari is the toughest loss we could see and idk if it's even 50/50. A lot of what I hear from FSU I take as BS. Smoke but nothing more than that until I hear it trickling in from other places.

It's not even him.. it's his dad.
Good to know. I understand the frustration with his big bro but we cannot consistently keep losing young talent like Damari and just magically expect to replace that with a portal transfer. We need to keep the young guys on the roster and let them develop if we have any possibility of moving this forward to where Mario wants to go.

Attachments

• IMG_4133.jpeg
    IMG_4133.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
Bingo.

I think we hold him in the end.

Not sure how Selwyn can even be mad. Watch the snaps the older kid played. Called for 7 DPI.. I think he was targeted like 12 times on the year. Lol over 50%
like terrible rating.

Thing is he started lagging at ucf as well.

I think he should stay and gain some confidence..**** dj ivey showed that by staying and ended up having solid sr year and got drafted and is making oney in the nfl.

The older Brown also can transfer but for him to play t would have to be a lower team ...fsu would use him to get Damari though obviously.

damari started important games for us as a true freshman and davante has 1000 pass interference penalties (and he's already transferred)

haven't seen the CIS rumors but it seems silly

It would be ridiculous. Coaches gave Davante every chance to be our starter. But he was more a liability than an asset when on the field. So if he wants to transfer again, more power to him. But I would hope that would have nothing to do with Damari at this point. He's getting excellent coaching from Guidry and Addae, is already in the starting rotation, and is counted on to be a starter for 2024.

Advertisement
Back