Isaiah Mckenzie commits to ND

Not on ND commitment list on rivals

People are forgetting what a freak Berrios is. Ran an electronic 4.49 40 inch vert, 3.81 cone drill. Thats ape

I miss the Roscoe and Santana type jitter bugs we had here, they are great, but you can't have a whole team of them. Mckenzie will be very good and I'm sure the staff knows that but I guess they just don't see him as a fit, or not enough room.

50 very good players will come out of So Fla this year if not more, we can't get them all and it sucks.

Advertisement
So in summary, he may have been dropped by ND, and if its still valid, his only major offer is the plodding Michigan of the Big 10.

So UM, UF, FSU, UGA, ALA, LSU, OSU, TEX, USC, AUB, CLEM, and much more have all lived at Heritage to recruit Sony, watched every Heritage offensive play because of Sony, but nearly ever major program in American declined to offer McKenzie.

The best evaluators have spoken. They may all be wrong, which is a longshot but no one has missed this kid. He's been evaluated because of Sony.

Funny, no one trusts the consensus opinions of the best football coaches in America, but some of you will slobber over the rankings and ratings by the ex-mailmen who do the website evaluations. The guys who are unemployable by even a DIII school, or any real journalistic entity over Saban, Golden, Richt etc. Sounds legit. God bless message boards.

So in summary, he may have been dropped by ND, and if its still valid, his only major offer is the plodding Michigan of the Big 10.

So UM, UF, FSU, UGA, ALA, LSU, OSU, TEX, USC, AUB, CLEM, and much more have all lived at Heritage to recruit Sony, watched every Heritage offensive play because of Sony, but nearly ever major program in American declined to offer McKenzie.

The best evaluators have spoken. They may all be wrong, which is a longshot but no one has missed this kid. He's been evaluated because of Sony.

Funny, no one trusts the consensus opinions of the best football coaches in America, but some of you will slobber over the rankings and ratings by the ex-mailmen who do the website evaluations. The guys who are unemployable by even a DIII school, or any real journalistic entity over Saban, Golden, Richt etc. Sounds legit. God bless message boards.

every single highlight of Heritage has McKenzie making play after play. Every person who's seen Sony play comes away raving about McKenzie. This has little to do with ratings and what websites say and everything about what people have actually seen with their eyes. Yeah, his measurables may not be great but its pretty clear the kid can play

Advertisement
Asked ITU staff to check and he said he had no idea why he was predicted today to Miami but he just spoke to McKenzie and he confirmed that Miami is NOT recruiting him

People are forgetting what a freak Berrios is. Ran an electronic 4.49 40 inch vert, 3.81 cone drill. Thats ape

I miss the Roscoe and Santana type jitter bugs we had here, they are great, but you can't have a whole team of them. Mckenzie will be very good and I'm sure the staff knows that but I guess they just don't see him as a fit, or not enough room.

50 very good players will come out of So Fla this year if not more, we can't get them all and it sucks.

I agree with you but mckenzie is at least a top 20 player in sofl

Advertisement

By this logic, nobody would ever slip through the cracks. The NFL would be completely filled with players from the big name schools. And teams like Notre Dame and Michigan would NEVER have any playmakers.

Oh, and uh, a guy named Ed Reed...

Yeah.

By this logic, nobody would ever slip through the cracks. The NFL would be completely filled with players from the big name schools. And teams like Notre Dame and Michigan would NEVER have any playmakers.

Yeah.

not the same logic. Not every player is playing next to a player as heralded as Sony Michel…so because of it, Mckenzie gets more exposure, thus shouldn't "slip through the cracks"

that being said, I personally think he's gonna be a monster on special teams and will make an impact wherever he goes…. but i'm not Saban, Golden, Richt etc.

Yeah.

not the same logic. Not every player is playing next to a player as heralded as Sony Michel…so because of it, Mckenzie gets more exposure, thus shouldn't "slip through the cracks"

that being said, I personally think he's gonna be a monster on special teams and will make an impact wherever he goes…. but i'm not Saban, Golden, Richt etc.

Well maybe i worded it wrong. "Slip through the cracks" was the wrong term. Anyway, I was referring to guys who are too short or too light, thus they don't receive offers from the bigger programs. Then they end up going to a smaller program, ball out and wind up in the NFL.

Offers aren't always given to the BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS. The better players are ignored for guys who are slightly bigger and/or faster. IMO it's over-thinking on the part of college coaches. Coaches are PROJECTING players, but IMO they get a little carried away at times. McKenzie doesn't have better offers simply cause he's short. Well how the **** is his height gonna make a difference when he's returning kicks or lined up at slot WR? Dowels is THE best corner in Broward, maybe in all of South Florida. Kid has 8 picks on the season but doesn't have the same offers as other 5'10" CB's simply cause he's only 160lbs. (instead of 175 like the other top CB's down here) I don't know about you, but I'm not letting 10 or 15 pounds stop me from recruiting the best pure cover guy in South Florida. It's easier to put weight on a kid than it is to teach him how to cover.

Just my opinion. I'm not a professional recruiter though.

Yeah.

Well maybe i worded it wrong. "Slip through the cracks" was the wrong term. Anyway, I was referring to guys who are too short or too light, thus they don't receive offers from the bigger programs. Then they end up going to a smaller program, ball out and wind up in the NFL.

Offers aren't always given to the BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS. The better players are ignored for guys who are slightly bigger and/or faster. IMO it's over-thinking on the part of college coaches. Coaches are PROJECTING players, but IMO they get a little carried away at times. McKenzie doesn't have better offers simply cause he's short. Well how the **** is his height gonna make a difference when he's returning kicks or lined up at slot WR? Dowels is THE best corner in Broward, maybe in all of South Florida. Kid has 8 picks on the season but doesn't have the same offers as other 5'10" CB's simply cause he's only 160lbs. (instead of 175 like the other top CB's down here) I don't know about you, but I'm not letting 10 or 15 pounds stop me from recruiting the best pure cover guy in South Florida. It's easier to put weight on a kid than it is to teach him how to cover.

Just my opinion. I'm not a professional recruiter though.

True.

It's really all about projection which is what tends to get staffs in trouble. You see it in the NFL where a guy sucks his entire career in college but shows up at the combine and tests well and suddenly he's a 1st round pick. Most coaching staffs are arrogant, they feel if given the raw measurables they can turn anyone into a good player and that gets them in trouble. A kid like McKenzie gets overlooked because he's only 5'8 150 in favor of a guy who is 6'0 175 because the coaches feel they can mold the bigger athlete into what they want even though McKenzie is the better football player. It happens all the time and it doesn't really have anything to do with skill level.

Advertisement
For me its easy to say "take a chance on a guy" but this isnt my job that on the line. if coaches believe they can do one thing and thats COACH. some just might think "you bring the athleticism, height, and good frame/ and or weight and i will have you making plays".BUT cmon guys look at what position we are talking about receiver when there are dudes like Rice, Moss , owens, and bruce some of THE BEST receivers EVER didnt come from
UM, UF, FSU, UGA, ALA, LSU, OSU, TEX, USC, AUB, CLEM, and much more
this position isnt about your measurable AT ALL

Advertisement

I agree with this.................but I'm still offering the kid.

What a kid like Brandon James did for UF during their run cannot be overlooked. I would give him a ship on special teams alone.

Coaches are obsessed with measurables. There's no denying that. From major college football to the NFL. The best football players don't always get signed/drafted. (the best athletes do)

The best coaches will put height/weight/speed aside and envision the player IN THEIR SYSTEM. A guy like Wes Welker is nobody on the Dolphins but moves on to a different system and becomes a play-maker.

McKenzie probably wouldn't do anything in our offensive system anyways. We don't exploit match-ups with our slot WR's like a base spread team would. Let's see if that changes when we get Berrios.

For me its easy to say "take a chance on a guy" but this isnt my job that on the line. if coaches believe they can do one thing and thats COACH. some just might think "you bring the athleticism, height, and good frame/ and or weight and i will have you making plays".BUT cmon guys look at what position we are talking about receiver when there are dudes like Rice, Moss , owens, and bruce some of THE BEST receivers EVER didnt come from
UM, UF, FSU, UGA, ALA, LSU, OSU, TEX, USC, AUB, CLEM, and much more
this position isnt about your measurable AT ALL
Except all those you mentioned had good measurables outside of maybe Rice and Bruce 40 times, but I understand what you mean.

Wouldn't say measurables don't matter at all considering the best WR in the NFL, Megatron, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, etc.. all had sick measurables.

EDIT: college players can be good without those great measurables, though

Advertisement
Back