Isaiah Mckenzie commits to ND

Berrios offer sheet is accurate as those were his official visits and his recruitment had a lot more national media exposure.

I got McKenzie's offer sheet from both scout and espn profiles. IF they're wrong then please provide something more accurate.

Advertisement
Berrios offer sheet is accurate as those were his official visits and his recruitment had a lot more national media exposure.

I got McKenzie's offer sheet from both scout and espn profiles. IF they're wrong then please provide something more accurate.

You would have to ask the recruit or their family to get a COMPLETELY accurate list of offers they STILL have or may have added. Anything else is not going to be COMPLETELY accurate. I wonder If Trent Harris still or ever had offers from Alabama, fsu, Georgia, or USC. His "offer" list on rivals says he does but could he commit to any of those schools.

Give me Berrios over McKenzie.

I just would have liked to bring in McKenzie as well.

Ive never seen this kid so I cant compare, but:

Braxton Berrios offer sheet:

Oregon
South Carolina
Ohio State
Miami
Tennessee

Isaiah McKenzie offer sheet:

Notre Dame
Kentucky
WVa
Western Kentucky
Bowling Green
Toledo
UMass

The market thinks higher of Berrios, not just the UM coaching staff.

All that said, I hate seeing quality south Florida kids going to notre dame. I'd luv to see this kid at UCF.

Not to be that guy but Michigan, Rutgers, cincy, & wake forest offered mckenzie. Berrios also had more exposure by the various camps he attended. Both are going to be good players in college. Everyone would love to take mckenzie, Berrios, and lamar Parker, but that's not an option realistically.

I wouldn't have minded bringing in Mckenzie and Berrios, but I understand the decision to only pursue one.

Ive never seen this kid so I cant compare, but:

Braxton Berrios offer sheet:

Oregon
South Carolina
Ohio State
Miami
Tennessee

Isaiah McKenzie offer sheet:

Notre Dame
Kentucky
WVa
Western Kentucky
Bowling Green
Toledo
UMass

The market thinks higher of Berrios, not just the UM coaching staff.

All that said, I hate seeing quality south Florida kids going to notre dame. I'd luv to see this kid at UCF.

What market? And where are you getting these "offers" from? Just because a kid doesnt have his rivals or whatever page updated doesn't mean he doesn't have more offers. And vice versa. Some kids/coaches really exaggerate with the "offers" they supposedly have. Not saying has the case here, but those offer lists on recruiting sites are usually not completely accurate.

Who gives a **** what offers he has? The kid is a ******* Domer. Time to move on, and send him into afterthought land. Wish him well, unless he plays us.

Advertisement
We messing up on this one.

Thats how I feel, Nothing against berrios because the kid was/is all cane but I have seen this Mckenzie kid a few time over the years and he made big plays in every game. He might not be the biggest but he is the type of player who will impact your team even if its just on special teams. Berrios I cant say that, but who knows. I could be wrong, have been many times and I am not going to root against a cane to prove myself right. Hope Berrios is everything he seem in his slick production highlight film.

This guy is pound-for-pound one of the toughest players I've seen. Throws around his body with no regard for human life.

Him and Berrios aren't really comparable. McKenzie is more of a dynamic player and Berrios is more of a pure slot receiver. Berrios has better hands from what I've seen. McKenzie has battled drop issues. McKenzie's best position may actually be cornerback.

This guy is pound-for-pound one of the toughest players I've seen. Throws around his body with no regard for human life.

Him and Berrios aren't really comparable. McKenzie is more of a dynamic player and Berrios is more of a pure slot receiver. Berrios has better hands from what I've seen. McKenzie has battled drop issues. McKenzie's best position may actually be cornerback.

agreed, but his biggest impact would be on special teams

Advertisement

agreed, but his biggest impact would be on special teams

I disagree. I think that special teams is the easiest place for him to make an impact as a freshman, but not his best position. Stacy Coley is making an impact as a pr but thats not is best position.

The kid is the definition of an athlete. If he was to play rb he would be in the arguement as one of the best in the state. Last year he lead the defense in interceptions as a cb. At safety, he has the potential to be like a tyrann mathieu, lamarcus joyner or greg reid. At slot he has tavon austin capabilities. (Tavon Austin had a problem with dropping balls when first went to wvu also!)

He is no shorter than berrios but i do believe berrios is a better pure receiver. However, i think Mckenzie can help the team more. He can provide quality depth at too many positions as well as being an elite returner. No reason to cry over spilled milk. I hope he has a great career at nd. He just has to lose whenever he plays miami!

Can't sign them all.

Even if we had IM, we fans would find another recruit to complain about.

People are forgetting what a freak Berrios is. Ran an electronic 4.49 40 inch vert, 3.81 cone drill. Thats ape

I miss the Roscoe and Santana type jitter bugs we had here, they are great, but you can't have a whole team of them. Mckenzie will be very good and I'm sure the staff knows that but I guess they just don't see him as a fit, or not enough room.

50 very good players will come out of So Fla this year if not more, we can't get them all and it sucks.

The term "pound for pound" is generally used as code to say, "If this guy were big enough..." which seems accurate in this application.

Interesting info re; hands comparison between the two.

Advertisement
People are forgetting what a freak Berrios is. Ran an electronic 4.49 40 inch vert, 3.81 cone drill. Thats ape

I miss the Roscoe and Santana type jitter bugs we had here, they are great, but you can't have a whole team of them. Mckenzie will be very good and I'm sure the staff knows that but I guess they just don't see him as a fit, or not enough room.

50 very good players will come out of So Fla this year if not more, we can't get them all and it sucks.

Sooo what you are saying is you would of passed on Santana or Roscoe for a NC slot guy?

Advertisement
Another AQM situation I hope.

All I know is that American Heritage has many D-1 players but the ones who show up the most on Fridays (McKenzie and Dowels) have "so so" offer lists.

Sony's offers > Gibson's offers > McKenzie's offers
McKenzie's impact > Sony's impact > Gibson's impact

McFadden's offers > Dowels offers
Dowels impact >>>>>>>>> McFadden's impact
(those 2 aren't even close in terms of play-making)

It would be nice if coaches threw size out the window every now and then, and actually looked at the skill of a player and how they show up on Fridays. Some of these D-1 coaches are letting an inch or two, or a few pounds, stop them from recruiting some of the best players in South Florida. These are the type of kids that go to a school like ND, Syracuse or Louisville and ball out, then we're lookin' around like "Where'd this kid come from?"

Advertisement
Back