Is This Team Good Enough To Go To the Final Four?

A and here is why I say that.

PG with experience and can hit FTs
Big man that can Defend the lane
Head coach that can put his guys into position to win

It's basketball, anything can happen game to game in March but we have the key elements you look for in a team.

Advertisement
### ESPN’s **** Vitale, by phone Thursday: “I was shocked by how easily [Miami] won [Wednesday] at Notre Dame. When you realistically look at teams that can win six in a row [to win the national title], Miami is one of them….

“Normally, we have maybe 12, 14, 15 teams. I think that's expanded. I think there are 25 teams that can win six games in a row with the right pairings. Miami is in there because Angel Rodriguez, Sheldon McClellan give them great, great guard play. Tonye Jekiri doesn't get enough publicity for his defense and the way he defends in the post. They're got enough athletes around. Jim Larranaga will be in discussion for national coach of the year.”

I dont think we have enough Depth inside...We have Jekiri and then Jags in Uceda and Murphy.....

I dont think we have enough Depth inside...We have Jekiri and then Jags in Uceda and Murphy.....

That's definitely our biggest weakness. We really struggle with powerful, athletic big men who are more built like football players. Murphy is capable though of holding his own, he just needs to be more consistent and always play with that energy. Cruz is overmatched but is lethal from 3. The tourney is about guard play so as long as Jekiri can play like he did against Notre Dame and Jekiri and Cruz can hold their own we should be fine. If Jekiri gets in foul trouble we're screwed.

Advertisement
Murphy is not a JAG

Really??

Averaging 4 points a game the last 7 games despite averaging 27 minutes?? He only averages 5 points a game for the year and he is a 4th year juniorr... He is an average rebounder and gets pushed around a lot in the paint...he is not very strong. At 22 he should be dominating down there at least on teh boards

Yes, not a Jag. He does what he's supposed to do on this team. Was Julian Gamble a Jag his senior year? Gamble averaged 1 more point and one less rebound. Murphy is not asked to do more than he is doing, averaging 5.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. He's taking 4.8 shots per game and shooting 48%. Again, doing what he's asked to do.

Murphy is not a JAG

Really??

Averaging 4 points a game the last 7 games despite averaging 27 minutes?? He only averages 5 points a game for the year and he is a 4th year juniorr... He is an average rebounder and gets pushed around a lot in the paint...he is not very strong. At 22 he should be dominating down there at least on teh boards

Do you watch Miami basketball? His role on our team is not to be a scorer. He brings energy and is a hustler. Always scrapping for loose balls, and is a very good rebounder. He may not have a very impressive statline but is a very good role player for this team.

Advertisement
Back