Is This Team Good Enough To Go To the Final Four?

You need a backcourt, depth, and to have at least one athletic big guy to make a run. Check. Check. Check. We have the parts and the coach to make a run.

Advertisement
Yes. If Miami gets seeded in the East Region they will have a great great shot to make the FF/win the National Championship. The luck factor always rears its ugly head at least once in the tournament. UConn vs. St. Joes (2013/14). I like your team. Experience, Free throw shooting and coaching could take you to basketballs Promised Land. Foul trouble on TJ would be the ultimate test. It probably will happen before the Final Four.

Good post. However, with a name like that I couldn't help but wonder, why are you here?

Even though I have been a Connecticut season ticket holder for twenty five (25) years....I consider myself above all else a college basketball junky for lack of a better word. This year I will be attending my 10th Final4 in Houston. I found your board and decided to post using a moniker that was true and honest. My father was one of the top high school hoops coaches in the state of CT before retiring.

I really like this Miami team. Since I am a UConn fan at heart and have witnessed 4 National Championships....my opinion is that this team and COACHING STAFF has the DNA to realistically shoot for the ultimate prize AKA the National Championship.

Yes. If Miami gets seeded in the East Region they will have a great great shot to make the FF/win the National Championship. The luck factor always rears its ugly head at least once in the tournament. UConn vs. St. Joes (2013/14). I like your team. Experience, Free throw shooting and coaching could take you to basketballs Promised Land. Foul trouble on TJ would be the ultimate test. It probably will happen before the Final Four.

Good post. However, with a name like that I couldn't help but wonder, why are you here?

Even though I have been a Connecticut season ticket holder for twenty five (25) years....I consider myself above all else a college basketball junky for lack of a better word. This year I will be attending my 10th Final4 in Houston. I found your board and decided to post using a moniker that was true and honest. My father was one of the top high school hoops coaches in the state of CT before retiring.

I really like this Miami team. Since I am a UConn fan at heart and have witnessed 4 National Championships....my opinion is that this team and COACHING STAFF has the DNA to realistically shoot for the ultimate prize AKA the National Championship.

i bet on both the kemba and napier led teams and won some big money. if you have a hot senior guard led team you can make a deep run. the canes are that team this year. will they win it all, prob not. will they make the final four? i'd give them a 25% chance.

i bet on both the kemba and napier led teams and won some big money. if you have a hot senior guard led team you can make a deep run. the canes are that team this year. will they win it all, prob not. will they make the final four? i'd give them a 25% chance.

I don't bet on sports but congrats. There is no doubt Kemba/Bazz were upper class Alpha Dogs. That is what we are missing this year. Kemba had Bazz when we won it. Bazz had Boatright when we won it all. That is why I mentioned Newton as a very key player down the stretch. I love Reed also. That guy has the work ethic of a champion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Angel plays like he has recently, keeps his turnovers down and doesn't try to hoist up a ridiculous amount of 3's...we should be good to go. Our depth is stellar this year and we've got a formidable front court to boot. I could see an Elite 8/Final 4 run, of course.

I'll go with option A

Fair enough. Usually don't get visits from UConn fans but I like your perspective. Hope you're right! This is new to us

Advertisement
Doesn't the deep run last year in NIT last year only help this team? Lost in the final game with most of the same players. Obviously it's a different format but I think if you take that into account and the neutral games this year it helps out big time....

Doesn't the deep run last year in NIT last year only help this team? Lost in the final game with most of the same players. Obviously it's a different format but I think if you take that into account and the neutral games this year it helps out big time....

I would say it probably doenst help at all. The NCAA tournament is a whole different level of experience.

I would say it probably doenst help at all. The NCAA tournament is a whole different level of experience.

I'd say, like with most things, you're wrong. There are countless examples of teams who set up NCAA tournament runs with an NIT title or NIT runners up or Final 4 appearance the year before.

Of course you say that... shocker!!!!

Advertisement

I'd say, like with most things, you're wrong. There are countless examples of teams who set up NCAA tournament runs with an NIT title or NIT runners up or Final 4 appearance the year before.
Please show me these "countless examples"... Everyone knows the NIT is barely even able to be considered a second rate tournament. The Puerto Rico Tip off undoubtedly gave a us a lot more experience that will actually matter come tournament time unless you think choking to an average PAC 12 team and beating a bunch of bottom feeders like Richmond and Temple a year ago actually provided any kind of valuable experience for this team going to the real Tournament where we will play teams with this small thing known as talent.

Please show me these "countless examples"... Everyone knows the NIT is barely even able to be considered a second rate tournament. The Puerto Rico Tip off undoubtedly gave a us a lot more experience that will actually matter come tournament time unless you think choking to an average PAC 12 team and beating a bunch of bottom feeders like Richmond and Temple a year ago actually provided any kind of valuable experience for this team going to the real Tournament where we will play teams with this small thing known as talent.

You are clueless about basketball if you think that the experience of making a run in the NIT tourney last year does not help these kids for the tournament this year. If you ever played competitive basketball, you would know that tournament and regular season games are different. When you play in a tournament, everyone has a chance to win a championship. When it's an end of season tourney, each team's season is on the line. This raises the level of play no matter what the talent is because everyone is competing at a higher level. Obviously the talent in the NCAA tourney is much better and it does not compare to the NIT. But the experience of competing last year and rising up to end 4 different teams' seasons is invaluable experience no matter what the talent level is.

You are clueless about basketball if you think that the experience of making a run in the NIT tourney last year does not help these kids for the tournament this year. If you ever played competitive basketball, you would know that tournament and regular season games are different. When you play in a tournament, everyone has a chance to win a championship. When it's an end of season tourney, each team's season is on the line. This raises the level of play no matter what the talent is because everyone is competing at a higher level. Obviously the talent in the NCAA tourney is much better and it does not compare to the NIT. But the experience of competing last year and rising up to end 4 different teams' seasons is invaluable experience no matter what the talent level is.

Except no one gives a **** about the NIT even the people who play in it.

Advertisement

Except no one gives a **** about the NIT even the people who play in it.

You know and I know that makes no sense. Fans and the media(except Michael Irvin) may not give a **** but players do. Players want to extend their season and go finish on a winning note. You don't get to be playing Division 1 ball without being very competitive. Did you watch Miami in the last two games at Madison Square Garden? If so, then you would know that each team played their hearts out.

A

We have as good a shot as anyone. Like any other team though, we'll need some breaks and good fortune along with solid basketball to get there.

Advertisement
Back