Is This Team Good Enough To Go To the Final Four?

arcane

Sophomore
A - Yes
B - Yes, but only if we get a good seed
C - No
D - Maybe

I'm picking choice A.
I think we've improved a great deal over the course of the season - most noticeably Angel, but others also. We're healthy (knock on wood). We're tough on D. We're gelling as a team, partly due to coaching, partly due to a bunch of very team-oriented players. The competition in the ACC challenges us game after game, forcing us to stay at a high level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A. There is no doubt we are good enough to go to a final four. The big question is will we play well 4 games in a row? This team has the ability to win the whole thing but they have to play their best basketball come NCAA tourney time.

A. Yes, and I honestly think last year's NIT run will help. While not giving them NCAA Tournament experience, playing those 5 games, especially the last 2 in the Garden are extremely valuable.

A. Yes, and I honestly think last year's NIT run will help. While not giving them NCAA Tournament experience, playing those 5 games, especially the last 2 in the Garden are extremely valuable.

In addition to that, they had to come back from down double digits in a couple of those games.

Advertisement
Other than Kansas who has a more impressive resume? Those Utah and butler wins were big in the beginning of the year. If "guard play" is the key to the tourney I like our chances...A.

A - Yes, but I think a good deal relies on Angel. When he's on his game, were probably a top 3-5 team in the nation. When he's not, its a whole other animal of inconsistency on offense with this team...

Advertisement
Yes. If Miami gets seeded in the East Region they will have a great great shot to make the FF/win the National Championship. The luck factor always rears its ugly head at least once in the tournament. UConn vs. St. Joes (2013/14). I like your team. Experience, Free throw shooting and coaching could take you to basketballs Promised Land. Foul trouble on TJ would be the ultimate test. It probably will happen before the Final Four.

If this team plays like they did the last 5 minutes Saturday they will easily make it to Houston.

I hate to be the downer...but I go with D.

I think we need a perfect run through the tourney of either teams we simply outclass or that we match up very well against.

We also better get started now performing better on the road, avoid injury and SUSPENSIONS.

All of that happens....who knows?

Advertisement
A. There are no dominant teams this year in CBB. We have as good a chance as anybody, and we will not be out coached by anybody.

Advertisement
Yes. If Miami gets seeded in the East Region they will have a great great shot to make the FF/win the National Championship. The luck factor always rears its ugly head at least once in the tournament. UConn vs. St. Joes (2013/14). I like your team. Experience, Free throw shooting and coaching could take you to basketballs Promised Land. Foul trouble on TJ would be the ultimate test. It probably will happen before the Final Four.

Good post. However, with a name like that I couldn't help but wonder, why are you here?

There is a reason why perfect brackets can win you millions of dollars. The Tourney is unpredictable and the teams that look great often don't make it through. We definitely have a team that CAN make it. That doesn't mean we won't get to the Sweet 16 and have our shots not fall.

Considering Coach L went to the Final 4 with an 11 seed, this team is definitely good enough.

Anything can happen in March obviously

I like our chances this year more than the Larkin year. As good as that team was, they only had 2 guards on the roster. This team is deeper. As crazy as it sounds, the key to a deep tourney run might be Uceda. If he's rebounding and hitting 3s, it adds another dimension that makes us very tough.

Advertisement
Back