WR Dorsett/Scott/Lockhart
WR Hurns/Thompkins/Lewis
TE Warlord/Cleveland
LT Bunche
LG Feliciano
C McDermott
RG Linder
RT Henderson

I actually think that's a pretty solid group. I'm not a huge Stephen Morris fan, but I think he'll at least be adequate. His big arm can threaten defenses deep. James and Clements are workman-like backs, and Duke has homerun ability.

The receivers don't really have a standout, but Dorsett and Hurns got valuable experience last year, and played relatively well when called upon. We have a deep crop of Freshmen coming in. Definitely some promising prospects. I think competition will force one of them to emerge and find a spot in the rotation. Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about Rashawn Scott.

Warlord and Cleveland aren't great blockers, but I like them as pass-catching TEs. They move around pretty well and seem to have natural hands.

We've got a lot of beef up front, and all 5 guys played last year; Feliciano, Linder, and Henderson all have several starts under their belt. The line struggled in short-yardage situations, and a big part of that was strength (confirmed by Golden). I think the added focus to weight room performance should help us look more physical at the point attack. Despite the losses of big-play guys in Miller, Benjamin, and Streeter, I wouldn't be surprised to see a good amount of explosive plays simply because improved offensive line play. I expect to see significant improvement here.

Also, I believe guys will be more comfortable in Fisch's system. He proved to be adaptable last year, but with players having more familiarity with his scheme, we might see him reach deeper into his bag of tricks.

If Morris protects the ball and a reliable go-to receiver emerges, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a top 3 offense in the ACC.

Advertisement
Able, this unit will live and die on the unit coached by Arthur Francis Kehoe- it's that simple

IMO, he's on the spot, because I see a lot of material he has to work with

k9,

My premise is contingent on improved o-line play. There are no more excuses. That starting unit has talent, experience, and all coaching personnel back.

If they underperform, Kehoe has to be held responsible.

Big question marks on the OL.

Bunche saw spot duty at right tackle last year. Not so sure he's ready to be the guy at LT just yet.

Feliciano played a ton but it was all at RT. Now he'll be playing LG.

McDermott seems to be progressing well but he's only played a handful of snaps and is small.

Linder and Seantrel should be very solid. Jermaine, Wheeler, Lewis, Jones, and Flowers provide some good depth.

This could be a strong group if everyone remains healthy and can achieve some cohesion.

I do like what we have at qb, rb, wr, and te. Lots of experienced guys who've waited their turn.

QB Morris
HB James/Clements/Duke
FB Hagens
WR Hurns/Thompkins/Lewis
TE Warlord/Cleveland
LT Bunche
LG Feliciano
C McDermott
RG Linder
RT Henderson

I actually think that's a pretty solid group. I'm not a huge Stephen Morris fan, but I think he'll at least be adequate. His big arm can threaten defenses deep. James and Clements are workman-like backs, and Duke has homerun ability.

The receivers don't really have a standout, but Dorsett and Hurns got valuable experience last year, and played relatively well when called upon. We have a deep crop of Freshmen coming in. Definitely some promising prospects. I think competition will force one of them to emerge and find a spot in the rotation. Also, I've been hearing a lot of good things about Rashawn Scott.

Warlord and Cleveland aren't great blockers, but I like them as pass-catching TEs. They move around pretty well and seem to have natural hands.

We've got a lot of beef up front, and all 5 guys played last year; Feliciano, Linder, and Henderson all have several starts under their belt. The line struggled in short-yardage situations, and a big part of that was strength (confirmed by Golden). I think the added focus to weight room performance should help us look more physical at the point attack. Despite the losses of big-play guys in Miller, Benjamin, and Streeter, I wouldn't be surprised to see a good amount of explosive plays simply because improved offensive line play. I expect to see significant improvement here.

Also, I believe guys will be more comfortable in Fisch's system. He proved to be adaptable last year, but with players having more familiarity with his scheme, we might see him reach deeper into his bag of tricks.

If Morris protects the ball and a reliable go-to receiver emerges, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a top 3 offense in the ACC.

I agree 100% I also think Kehoe is receiving some unfair criticism he walked into a situation where this big time 5* recruit admits he hasnt lifted a weight a day in his life is often times out of shape which resulted in back problems.(Henderson) He had another 5th yr Senior (Figs) with back problems and being outplayed by younger players on a regular basis. His best lineman were the interior lineman B.Wash, Linder and Gunn for all the criticism what do you do when there is no one on the team to play the all important left tackle spot? U take your best lineman (athlete) Washington and you take him out of his comfort zone and play him at left tackle (in space which is not a mallers game which is B. Wash strong suite) .

I give Kehoe credit for this. No one had heard of Jon Feliciano (he is a horse) until Kehoe got here and he played well. We had a veteran line with Stoutland that jumped offsides a THOUSAND times a game we improved on that. The last line almost got Jacory Harris killed (STOUTLAND) we improved the pass protection. Jermaine Johnson has developed, people are actually talking about Ben Jones, Malcom Bunche is ready to go. Kehoe is developing a deeper group of lineman. You add Dyron Dye and Corey White as blocking TE and we will be stout up front.

As far as the short yardage issues it boils down to this are you strong enough to whip the guy in front of you. (This boils down to what you do in spring, summer workouts. Dont blame Swasey he only does what he is instructed, several articles he admits he dug up his old workouts from Butch Davis era) Bottom line we were not. It was a culture thing. The real good offense lines around the country all have men on the line guys with a 2 in there age 20-22 years old) Under the Shannon regime we were not a strong enough team, we didnt outwork other teams BOTTOM LINE. Based on what I read we are a much stronger team with much younger lineman who all now have valuable game time experience.

I think you will see a more balanced attack that exploits mismatches more this year. Sometimes when you have homerun threats you can force it a little bit to these type players (Streeter and Miller) which throws the balance of your offense off. We will be much better than expected on offense this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMO, the fact they are actually working in the weight room gives me more hope for our lines on both side of the ball. Kehoe knows how to teach OLine play, thing is they haven't been physically strong enough. That is a case for the entire team. So with that getting better you would have to think the line play will be better. **** the video where Ben Jones get Golden moist in his shorts is proof OL X's and O's aren't the problem. They weren't physical enough.

I like the group, assuming Morris makes a serious step forward. The part that scares the **** out of me is how thin we are. We literally cannot afford any injuries at critical positions, and we all know injuries happen.

Eh, optimistic. Lotta ifs (Morris, OL health) and nobody yet who strikes fear in a defense. I'm hoping that they can be a mid 40s type of group but I highly doubt anything better

Advertisement
Another thing to consider is that pretty much the entire offense returns in 2013.

I agree with Able. The 2010 recruiting class was a colossal failure on defense, but Shannon landed some talented offensive players who will play on Sundays. The loss of Storm hurts. He would be the missing piece this year.

Penn is right that we don't have proven big play guys. That's the biggest hole right now.

A couple keys:

1) the running game and the progression of the offensive line. We should see less shuffling up front this year, so it's imperative these guys develop chemistry and consistency. This offense has relied on big plays the past few years, but the defense would benefit from an efficient unit that converts short-yardage.

2) Dorsett and Duke staying healthy. Those are the two true game breakers, and the element they bring would be difficult to replace.

Last edited:
Able, this unit will live and die on the unit coached by Arthur Francis Kehoe- it's that simple

IMO, he's on the spot, because I see a lot of material he has to work with
this and only this is the key to what we do offensively

Eh, optimistic. Lotta ifs (Morris, OL health) and nobody yet who strikes fear in a defense. I'm hoping that they can be a mid 40s type of group but I highly doubt anything better

I think Dorsett will turn into a big time downfield threat. He's a year older and he's also gained 20lbs since getting here. Hurns/Scott can get you the tough catches in the middle too.

I like the WR core this year.

QB Morris
HB James/Clements/Duke
FB Hagens
WR Hurns/Thompkins/Lewis
TE Warlord/Cleveland
LT Bunche
LG Feliciano
C McDermott
RG Linder
RT Henderson

All good points. Morris holds the keys, and don't forget he can tuck it and run unlike Pick6, I mean J12. Love the Warlord reference by the way. Walford shows some flash, but has to be more consistant with his hands.

Advertisement
Improved OL play, as has been mentioned is the key to having any success. Its time for this group to be dominant. There is a lot of size and talent. Kehoe has to find a way to make these guys play as one, otherwise, he needs to go.

I'm still not convince we have enough speed on offense; aside from Dorsett, who is going to threaten the defense down the field? RB depth is also scary. We're all hoping Duke can bring some juice to the offense, but its always dicey to rely so heavily on a freshman. The athleticism and speed at the skill positions needs to be upgraded. This is Miami dammit. Not having speed is blasphemous.

If healthy it's all on Morris, he needs to be a weapon. On paper this is a .500 team. I think they are likely to overachieve.

Advertisement
If Warlord has improved his guerilla tactics since last season, we have a good chance at wearing down and exhausting the opposition next year.

Another thing to consider is that pretty much the entire offense returns in 2013.

I agree with Able. The 2010 recruiting class was a colossal failure on defense, but Shannon landed some talented offensive players who will play on Sundays. The loss of Storm hurts. He would be the missing piece this year.

Penn is right that we don't have proven big play guys. That's the biggest hole right now.

A couple keys:

1) the running game and the progression of the offensive line. We should see less shuffling up front this year, so it's imperative these guys develop chemistry and consistency. This offense has relied on big plays the past few years, but the defense would benefit from an efficient unit that converts short-yardage.

2) Dorsett and Duke staying healthy. Those are the two true game breakers, and the element they bring would be difficult to replace.

and there you have the whole problem with the offense this year in a nut shell. we are counting on a true FR and another unproven WR to be the beg play threat.

maybe they will, but at this point it is pure speculation

The offense needs to learn some pace. The 'Canes were next to last in the FBS in the number of plays run on offense last year (if I remember right, only FAU was worse). I know both Golden and Fisch have said this will be addressed, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If healthy it's all on Morris, he needs to be a weapon. On paper this is a .500 team. I think they are likely to overachieve.
i dont know why everybody seems so confident that morris is even gonna be the guy

i still think williams wins the job

Advertisement
Back