How far are we away

M3N

Senior
After watching these conference championship games I kept sayin how far are we away from being this competitive.

Clemson with 6th straight and no signs of slowing down.
Ohio state with 5 straight and are recruiting at a ridiculous level.

Alabama continues is historic run.

The more I watch.. the more I realize we are not even close.

These teams have an army of assistants and analysts. The teams are incredibly prepared and to the point where you have to question do they even go to class?

I’m watching D. Smith catch 15 for almost 200 and two TDS. Meanwhile we struggle getting Brevin Jordan the ball 4 times a game.

We need some serious changes to improve to that level of play and that includes Lashlees offense, S&C, etc.

Advertisement
Solution
In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.
Advertisement
Clemson bout to come back down to earth once Trevor leaves ..Dj is nowhere near as talented ...we making strides Manny just gotta tighten up that defensive side (coaching) and keep working on bringing in better OL pieces
Yea cause that freshman that put up 450 yds passing against Notre Dump doesn’t look like he’s very good...

Advertisement
After watching these conference championship games I kept sayin how far are we away from being this competitive.

These teams have an army of assistants and analysts. The teams are incredibly prepared and to the point where you have to question do they even go to class?

I’m watching D. Smith catch 15 for almost 200 and two TDS. Meanwhile we struggle getting Brevin Jordan the ball 4 times a game.

We need some serious changes to improve to that level of play and that includes Lashlees offense, S&C, etc.
Jordan stat is a weird one... what game should we have gone to Jordan more?

377DA95D-D567-41DC-B79D-11A8A654AD75.jpeg

Advertisement
Do not hold your breath. After another 6 or 7 win season, fans will demand change. A year later Manny gets fired and we hire another shlub and pay him way more than he’s worth.

Look forward to another HC with no HC experience, or a HC from a low tier program.

In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.
they always dropped heavy bags for elite talent. They had top NFL picks as well I believe on those teams. We got undrafted and bench players most of the time.

Advertisement
In reality we are another top class away without heavy defections and 3-4 portal players to fix the roster. After that we need a real new blood DC and scheme. If not hitting the lottery on a new coach. All this just to be a consistent second group contender.
Yea but we fuqed ourselves with this class at LB and CB. Imagine not getting Taylor or DT room would be trash. Now we have to knock next years class out the park............we need another top 5 class with good evals on OL DL CB and LB and QB

That’s how far we are away my friend. A thousand miles!

we will never be back thats probably the truth, i mean its 17 years already. We will come here to read that we can do it we can but in reality we know we wont. We also know its a mess up top at UM

Advertisement
Wow, what a downer thread. Makes me wonder why some are even fans of the U. We just had a better than average season with some great players from the portal, our recruiting class is loaded with talent. Diaz got us a punter and kicker that are incredible. You would think we had a disaster season whereas we had a disaster last game. Covid limited us, we know about 11 to 15 players missed lots of games and never got a report on who missed the last game. The primary downer I see is players not finishing the season plus some average players opting out early. What would a Dee Jay Dallas have meant with King at QB or the year before a Travis Homer, now our best players are declaring and we don't know yet if others go to early. What if Trevor and Etienne had not come back for a SENIOR season when both would've gone in the first round. They lost to ND with only Trevor missing and slaughtered them with Trevor. I just hope King gives us one more year and that our recruits play as advertised. Hope this pandemic ends before next year and can't wait to see how we perform, but this year was fun with King, Roche, Phillips, Brevin, Borregales, Hedley and our young players. A lot more fun then last year was, its a shame that Covid decimated our staff before NC but that's what the pandemic has caused as we got hit hard but our team kept playing whereas others opted out. Imagine being an fsu fan waiting all year for their real disaster season, if anyone is deflated it has to be fsu much more the the U. It's Great to be a Miami Hurricane!

We are going in a circle...this year was the top and next year is likely the fall where Manny gets fired and we start the cycle over again...its been that way since 2006.

Advertisement
Back