How far are we away

M3N

Senior
After watching these conference championship games I kept sayin how far are we away from being this competitive.

Clemson with 6th straight and no signs of slowing down.
Ohio state with 5 straight and are recruiting at a ridiculous level.

Alabama continues is historic run.

The more I watch.. the more I realize we are not even close.

These teams have an army of assistants and analysts. The teams are incredibly prepared and to the point where you have to question do they even go to class?

I’m watching D. Smith catch 15 for almost 200 and two TDS. Meanwhile we struggle getting Brevin Jordan the ball 4 times a game.

We need some serious changes to improve to that level of play and that includes Lashlees offense, S&C, etc.

Advertisement
Solution
In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.
Light years.....
I agree. We need players to come to see it done. Stay and go for the natty. We dont need players looking for a stop over to the nfl. I get it and all the best to them, but with that said we wont win a championship with that ‘it’s all about me’ attitude. Tack on the fact that’s somehow manny loses the players after a loss and as the season Comes to a close. I feel he is neither feared or revered. The U sells itself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.
this ... we lost to fiu and la tech last year, this year we beat every team we were suppose to beat ... keep stacking classes, tweak the defense and get the qb position figured out with high school kids not portal rentals ..

After watching these conference championship games I kept sayin how far are we away from being this competitive.

These teams have an army of assistants and analysts. The teams are incredibly prepared and to the point where you have to question do they even go to class?

I’m watching D. Smith catch 15 for almost 200 and two TDS. Meanwhile we struggle getting Brevin Jordan the ball 4 times a game.

We need some serious changes to improve to that level of play and that includes Lashlees offense, S&C, etc.
If college football players are going to classes, their institution is doing it wrong.

You can always look at it half full or half empty. Florida hires a good coach and they're all the sudden a better team. FSU loses a good coach and they quickly become a joke. A&M hires that ex-FSU coach and a few years later they're looking solid. Texas has all the resources in the world and they just can't get it right.

Yes, analysts help and matter. But bottom line is you need a leader who knows what he's doing, get get people to buy-in, can pick people well and set a culture that works.

We have a leader who, best case, is 'learning.' Hopefully he learns fast. The stupid bauble culture of chains and hype and fake swag is not going to be the basis for competing with Clemson, Alabama or OSU. Culture isn't that complex. It's got to be about sacrifice, commitment and team in order to work in football.

Advertisement
You can always look at it half full or half empty. Florida hires a good coach and they're all the sudden a better team. FSU loses a good coach and they quickly become a joke. A&M hires that ex-FSU coach and a few years later they're looking solid. Texas has all the resources in the world and they just can't get it right.

Yes, analysts help and matter. But bottom line is you need a leader who knows what he's doing, get get people to buy-in, can pick people well and set a culture that works.

We have a leader who, best case, is 'learning.' Hopefully he learns fast. The stupid bauble culture of chains and hype and fake swag is not going to be the basis for competing with Clemson, Alabama or OSU. Culture isn't that complex. It's got to be about sacrifice, commitment and team in order to work in football.
Slow clap 👏 earned

GOCANES

It takes buy in from the top down at school to compete at the top level of college football. College football is an arms race and we don’t have the funds to compete at the highest level(not many do). I believe you can win with going a cheaper route but you have to hit on the right coach who knows how to pick the right coaches.

On a scale of 1-10 of coaching ability:

10- Meyer, Saban, and Dabo
9- Jimbo
8- Kelly, Lincoln Riley
7- Dan Mullen, Richt (UGA Era), Gundy
6- Mario Cristobal, Kirby Smart
5- Mack Brown, Matt Campbell
4- Diaz
3- Richt (Miami era)
2- Golden, Shannon
1- Willie Taggart

If Miami has an 8 coach and a top 5 QB, we have a playoff team in 2021 with the roster we currently have. 6 and above is a 10 win team and top 10 ranking.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yup, we are far but not that far. Talent wise we are only a couple of classes away and we can easily get there by beating the teams we need to and that includes UNC. These kids have been begging the program for a reason to bring it back. Everytime we show any bit of life we sign a great class. Win 10 3 times in a row which really shouldn’t be too much to ask in the ****** coastal and the talent will be there. Then it will be up to coaching against the elite teams.

From Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State? They're playing on another planet.

From every other team in the country? In their league and gaining.

The playoff this year should just be those three teams because they're different than other teams.

Advertisement
First thing is we need a new head coach as of now were not in the same hemisphere bama will be 3td favorite against us easily most likely more

Genuinely nothing wrong with S&C.

We get the most out of our athletes. Part of the recruiting / evaluation process is identifying those kids that can blow up like they do at Clemson / Alabama et al. Unsurprisingly most of the kids with that genetic makeup are 4 and 5 stars.

Wiggins and Harley wouldn't be much bigger / stronger if they played for Alabama (they'd obviously both lose their scholarships if they were there).

From Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State? They're playing on another planet.

From every other team in the country? In their league and gaining.

The playoff this year should just be those three teams because they're different than other teams.

serious? You think were better than north carolina? With manny diaz are coaching is horrific

Advertisement
We should be absolutely destroying it right now with how bad and down the fla st program is if we had golden who was terrible we would be way better off than ****stain diaz who litterally doesnt have to battle fla st in recruiting we should be so much better its just diaz sucks

With Manny Diaz being our Coach still pretty far away. Beating those require a lot of things, but things that you must have?

1. Recruiting is very important
2. Development
3. Coaches
4. Scheme

Now, You may say "Well we do have good recruiters". Well... After Banda and The RB Coach... Not really.

Development? None of the Coaches on Defense are Developers. Rumph is your best one... That's sad.

Coaches? Well the whole Defensive staff should be fired. None of them should be coaching on the field positions at Miami. Off Field learning roles only.

Scheme? Manny Elementary school Scheme won't be beating any of the top 5 ever. Not Physical enough, Gives up everything underneath when all a playmaker need is the ball, and we get gashed by everybody.

With Manny very very very very far away.

With Manny Diaz being our Coach still pretty far away. Beating those require a lot of things, but things that you must have?

1. Recruiting is very important
2. Development
3. Coaches
4. Scheme

Now, You may say "Well we do have good recruiters". Well... After Banda and The RB Coach... Not really.

Development? None of the Coaches on Defense are Developers. Rumph is your best one... That's sad.

Coaches? Well the whole Defensive staff should be fired. None of them should be coaching on the field positions at Miami. Off Field learning roles only.

Scheme? Manny Elementary school Scheme won't be beating any of the top 5 ever. Not Physical enough, Gives up everything underneath when all a playmaker need is the ball, and we get gashed by everybody.

With Manny very very very very far away.

the saddest part is with a fla st team in shambles with any competent head coach we should have a chance but sadly we have diaz a terrible recruiter, sadly we are going to waste away years of fla st in shambles

Advertisement
Back