How far are we away

M3N

Senior
After watching these conference championship games I kept sayin how far are we away from being this competitive.

Clemson with 6th straight and no signs of slowing down.
Ohio state with 5 straight and are recruiting at a ridiculous level.

Alabama continues is historic run.

The more I watch.. the more I realize we are not even close.

These teams have an army of assistants and analysts. The teams are incredibly prepared and to the point where you have to question do they even go to class?

I’m watching D. Smith catch 15 for almost 200 and two TDS. Meanwhile we struggle getting Brevin Jordan the ball 4 times a game.

We need some serious changes to improve to that level of play and that includes Lashlees offense, S&C, etc.

Advertisement
Solution
In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.
We should be absolutely destroying it right now with how bad and down the fla st program is if we had golden who was terrible we would be way better off than ****stain diaz who litterally doesnt have to battle fla st in recruiting we should be so much better its just diaz sucks

LOL - Golden? Get back on the short bus, fūcktard. You picked the one guy Diaz might actually compare favorably to.

Advertisement
the saddest part is with a fla st team in shambles with any competent head coach we should have a chance but sadly we have diaz a terrible recruiter, sadly we are going to waste away years of fla st in shambles

I'm afraid you're right... This is/was the time to take over the entire state... To challenge Bama. Manny had Richt years plus him being a HC to figure it out. Its time for new blood. I give FSU 3yrs and watch out. Transfer Portal will help them connect the dots.

I'm afraid you're right... This is/was the time to take over the entire state... To challenge Bama. Manny had Richt years plus him being a HC to figure it out. Its time for new blood. I give FSU 3yrs and watch out. Transfer Portal will help them connect the dots.

yep

Everyone outside of the top 5-6 is closer to the the bottom teams than they are to the top.
Those top teams have different kind of athletes all over the roster then massive coaching staffs to maximize them.

College football is a bit of a joke right now.

College Football, thanks to the lack of oversight by the NCAA of these top end teams(Say what you want, but once upon a time, they would occasionally APPEAR to give a **** about these teams straight up purchasing titles), has made it a "Richest Team Wins" sport.

Miami will NEVER be able to compete by making themselves into a version of Alabama or Clemson, because the financial resources and alumni base just aren't there, due to sheer force of numbers. That said, Miami can be COMPETITIVE by exploiting market inefficiencies. That means having forward thinking, intelligent leadership that understands the unique challenges of the Miami program, and by using the few resources at our disposal and maximizing them. Right now, Miami doesn't do that. Blake James isn't teaming up with ADs at places like SMU, USC and other urban centered schools to push for immediate name and image usage rights. Blake James isn't teaming with ADs at FSU, GT, Pitt and others to offset the nonsense coming from the Tobacco Road schools, who hold outsized power despite not bringing in diddly revenue wise.

Manny Diaz isn't utilizing our brand name to consistently recruit NATIONALLY in places where kids are extremely receptive to the Miami sales pitch. What did Jimmy, Butch and Dennis all have in common? They were **** good at finding talent in Texas, Cali and the eastern seaboard to supplement the guys landed locally. Manny Diaz, seeing that the local recruiting pool has been poisoned by SEC money and talent pimps hasn't bothered to bring in staffers that are great teachers, that can develop raw talent. Instead, Miami has a staff of cronies and mediocrities. They can't recruit at a high level, and they are mostly crappy teachers.

This is what is frustrating: Miami isn't as far as a lot of mopes would believe, but it's almost like no one wants to think outside the box. It's the same "Miami Guy, Bro" crap, it's the same tired thinking. If Miami had high end boosters that truly cared, they would have fired Blake James the DAY he suggested Manny Diaz instead of conducting a true national search.

I

Advertisement
EssentialFastCicada-max-1mb.gif

College Football, thanks to the lack of oversight by the NCAA of these top end teams(Say what you want, but once upon a time, they would occasionally APPEAR to give a **** about these teams straight up purchasing titles), has made it a "Richest Team Wins" sport.

Miami will NEVER be able to compete by making themselves into a version of Alabama or Clemson, because the financial resources and alumni base just aren't there, due to sheer force of numbers. That said, Miami can be COMPETITIVE by exploiting market inefficiencies. That means having forward thinking, intelligent leadership that understands the unique challenges of the Miami program, and by using the few resources at our disposal and maximizing them. Right now, Miami doesn't do that. Blake James isn't teaming up with ADs at places like SMU, USC and other urban centered schools to push for immediate name and image usage rights. Blake James isn't teaming with ADs at FSU, GT, Pitt and others to offset the nonsense coming from the Tobacco Road schools, who hold outsized power despite not bringing in diddly revenue wise.

Manny Diaz isn't utilizing our brand name to consistently recruit NATIONALLY in places where kids are extremely receptive to the Miami sales pitch. What did Jimmy, Butch and Dennis all have in common? They were **** good at finding talent in Texas, Cali and the eastern seaboard to supplement the guys landed locally. Manny Diaz, seeing that the local recruiting pool has been poisoned by SEC money and talent pimps hasn't bothered to bring in staffers that are great teachers, that can develop raw talent. Instead, Miami has a staff of cronies and mediocrities. They can't recruit at a high level, and they are mostly crappy teachers.

This is what is frustrating: Miami isn't as far as a lot of mopes would believe, but it's almost like no one wants to think outside the box. It's the same "Miami Guy, Bro" crap, it's the same tired thinking. If Miami had high end boosters that truly cared, they would have fired Blake James the DAY he suggested Manny Diaz instead of conducting a true national search.

I

expain clemson? Finances and alumni base? Thats so strong

On a scale of 1-10 of coaching ability:

10- Meyer, Saban, and Dabo
9- Jimbo
8- Kelly, Lincoln Riley
7- Dan Mullen, Richt (UGA Era), Gundy
6- Mario Cristobal, Kirby Smart
5- Mack Brown, Matt Campbell
4- Diaz
3- Richt (Miami era)
2- Golden, Shannon
1- Willie Taggart

If Miami has an 8 coach and a top 5 QB, we have a playoff team in 2021 with the roster we currently have. 6 and above is a 10 win team and top 10 ranking.
Why the relatively high score for Gundy? He is 2-13 against OU. Spare me the he has limited resources nonsense. The state of Oklahoma is football crazy and the school seems to compete at a high level in other major sports too. Gundy and OkSt was blessed with T Boone Pickens money too. If Miami were to have a 2-13 run against FSU this board would burn down. Truth is I don’t think many here would be satisfied unless Miami was competing at least every other year for the playoff spot with Clemson.

Has Gundy sniffed a New Year’s Six?

Advertisement
expain clemson? Finances and alumni base? Thats so strong

Clemson owns the state of South Carolina, the IPTAY club is HUGE. Never mind the fact that they have almost DOUBLE the student body size we do. Think about that. That means that Clemson is cranking out significantly more alumni than we are, which means a large donor pool to pull from, and that's before you get into the whole state vs private thing. You also have to include the fact that their fanbase, despite a lot of them not attending the school spend money, which is something our fanbase never does even when times are good. Clemson has ALWAYS been that way, Dabo(Like Danny Ford before him) harnessed that passion into wins. It's also not an accident that Ford and Dabo are both Alabama guys and brought that mindset to Clemson with them. I don't think Tommy Bowden was willing to do things that way, to that level.

We need a large infusion of talent at certain spots. I feel like we're at least one more elite class away from having adequate talent.

However...

This staff has already shown on several occasions that they can and will lose to teams with LESS overall talent.
For christ sake, we just watched a basketball school put up 700 yards of offense on us, using the same 4 plays. That wasn't because of talent.

So with that said, an infusion of talent ain't gonna fix the REAL problem.

And I won't even get into the cultural problems within this program. Lack of accountability, favoritism, no discipline, etc etc etc.

We're far far away.

Advertisement
Imma put it like this if Manny wants to sit on the sidelines while the top 4 continually shows off their talented rosters on national TV week in week out. and play in meaningful bowl games. And he still doesn't correct or attempt to correct our recruiting strategies and staff development.. We're in big trouble.. in this off season if he doesn't makes the staff hiring to get us up there then🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked like a total fraud despite a good record. And that was three years into their successful run.

Keep recruiting, keep tweaking, and keep beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.

Been saying this to people you gotta grow nobody just does a Cinderella story it takes time and chemistry and growth in weak spots in order to gain the level of consistency these teams have shown

Imo scaife Donaldson and rivers are key in this teams growth over this next 10 months we need to sit gaynor or make him our 6th offensive lineman because to me he’s not controlling the offensive front correctly we need that alpha down there to truly start to succeed I have faith in Nelson and walker to grow as well

thats how bad it is golden is light years better than diaz that is insane

No he’s not.

You’ve lost your mind.

Golden was god awful.

Diaz may be be dogshīt, but he’s inexperienced dogshīt learning in his second year on the job, and at least fires people.

Golden had two fūcking stints as a head coach, was a head coach like for nine years, didn’t learn a fūcking thing, kept making the same mistakes, and wouldn't fire anybody.

You’ve lost all sense of perspective.

Don’t ever cape for Golden again. I don’t care if you slam Diaz, just don’t cape for Gluten.

That puts you in the asshøle or troll category.

Advertisement
Back