Highlights and updates of Canes commits/targets in action - 2024 edition

4 of the 5 highest-rated RB's we've offered thus far in the 2026 class are from Texas, including these 3.

2026 RB target Davian Groce vs. Denton Ryan and Argyle

2026 RB target Javian Osborne

2026 RB target Tradarian Ball (current Oregon commit)

Advertisement
2025 CB target Aidan Anding (current LSU commit) vs. Neville

2025 CB target Mark Manfred (current Missouri commit) vs. Kennesaw Mountain and Etowah

2026 RB target Javian Mallory suffered an injury in the first quarter against Palm Beach Central, but West Boca Raton still won 28-7.

Mallory's lone highlight from the game that I could find:

Advertisement
2025 WR target Vernell Brown III (current UF commit) vs. Timber Creek

2025 CB target Ben Hanks (current UF commit) vs. Palmetto and South Dade

2025 DT target Derry Norris (current Georgia Tech commit) senior highlights through 2 games

Advertisement
It's funny & fun watching these kids destroy their competition 🤣 nothing short of outstanding its been to watch. With exception to a few, who I see on the shortlist to be replaced

Norris for Simpson
Littleton for Ewald

Unless they buckle up and prove to Wario they belong... just my .02 ..im ready to be dragged... "im 40 i can take it" 🤷🏿‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

2025 CB commit Tim Merritt is apparently playing QB for A.H. Parker HS this year and they're off to a 3-0 start to the season.

Last edited:
2025 TE commit Brock Schott vs. Norwell and Angola

2025 FS commit Bryce Fitzgerald vs. St. Thomas Aquinas

2025 CB commit Chris Ewald vs. American Heritage and Blanche Ely

Advertisement
Advertisement
2025 WR commit Daylyn Upshaw had 4 touchdown receptions, including a 72-yarder in the 2nd quarter and a 60-yarder in the 3rd quarter, in Central-Phenix City's 42-35 win over previously unbeaten Dothan last night.

Even though it sounds like the staff's focus at WR is on guys like Joshua Moore (UF commit), Vernell Brown (UF legacy/commit), and Dallas Wilson (Oregon commit), here are some new highlights of another WR we offered in January 2023 who's off to a great start this season.

2025 4* WR Daylon Singleton (SMU commit from DeSoto, TX who ran 10.3 in the 100m back in March) vs. Creekside

Singleton had a 2 TD performance last night in DeSoto's 57-21 victory over Miller.

2025 CB commit Timothy Merritt had another standout performance on Thursday, scoring 3 touchdowns at QB in Parker's 46-0 victory over Mortimer Jordan on Thursday as they improved to 4-0 on the season.

Advertisement
Back