Highlights and updates of Canes commits/targets in action - 2024 edition

Miami CB commit Chris Ewald and DT commit Donta Simpson vs. St. John Bosco.

Ewald is #8 and Simpson is #90.

- Ewald's effort on the 3rd & 4 at the 4:03 mark can certainly be questioned.
- 5:34 mark wasn't a great rep for Ewald or Simpson.
- Simpson was used as a lead blocker on a 3rd & Goal at the 7:47 mark.
- Long TD run for St. John Bosco at 9:03 mark.

Ewald did make a nice tackle on a WR screen in this 10-second clip:

Advertisement
Advertisement
2025 DT commit Mykah Newton vs. University Christian

2026 LB commit Jordan Campbell vs. Hialeah

2026 WR commit Malachi Toney vs. Milton

2025 WR target Dallas Wilson (current Oregon commit) vs. Wharton

Last edited:
Advertisement
2025 WR target Joshua Moore (current UF commit) had 144 receiving yards and 2 TDs in West Broward's 52-29 loss to Camden County last Friday, according to MaxPreps.

Took about 5 minutes to skim through the following video and found a few targets to Moore at these times:

27:57
29:06 (easy TD catch against broken coverage)
36:40
39:42
41:08 (contested TD catch)

2025 WR target Joshua Moore (current UF commit) had 144 receiving yards and 2 TDs in West Broward's 52-29 loss to Camden County last Friday, according to MaxPreps.

Took about 5 minutes to skim through the following video and found a few targets to Moore at these times:

27:57
29:06 (easy TD catch against broken coverage)
36:40
39:42
41:08 (contested TD catch)

West Broward isnt a top 10 team in Broward County let alone south florida and they are getting out of state games against powerhouse programs?? lol

That being said good contested catch by Moore.

2026 RB target Javian Mallory vs. The Benjamin School

2026 WR target Calvin Russell vs. Venice

Advertisement
West Broward isnt a top 10 team in Broward County let alone south florida and they are getting out of state games against powerhouse programs?? lol

That being said good contested catch by Moore.
if any wr flips first, I think its Moore.

Even though it sounds like the staff's focus at WR is on guys like Joshua Moore (UF commit), Vernell Brown (UF legacy/commit), and Dallas Wilson (Oregon commit), here are some new highlights of another WR we offered in January 2023 who's off to a great start this season.

2025 4* WR Daylon Singleton (SMU commit from DeSoto, TX who ran 10.3 in the 100m back in March) vs. Creekside

Even though it sounds like the staff's focus at WR is on guys like Joshua Moore (UF commit), Vernell Brown (UF legacy/commit), and Dallas Wilson (Oregon commit), here are some new highlights of another WR we offered in January 2023 who's off to a great start this season.

2025 4* WR Daylon Singleton (SMU commit from DeSoto, TX who ran 10.3 in the 100m back in March) vs. Creekside

All due respect to Rhett, we got a few “player to be named later” trades to claim off SMU.

Advertisement
Yes that says something.

He has that motor i want to have in DL.

Gotta hold on to Scroggins as one of our edges.
Got that same kind of motor Cole had in this class. Motor is one thing that always translates to the next level. Scrog looks like he may even be a bit more athletic than Cole.

I want this kid so bad he smoked Duncanville last year he put on a show I thought he was class of 24

I want this kid so bad he smoked Duncanville last year he put on a show I thought he was class of 24
Shocked Turn Around GIF by Strapped Entertainment

Chris Hansen GIF

Advertisement
Back