GW Game

hotshot

Sophomore
Hope we represent well in the District on Saturday. I plan to be there for Chris Lykes' homecoming. Noon game at the Smith Center in Foggy Bottom!

Advertisement
Advertisement
GW isn't really good, based on looking at their schedule. They've lost to everyone with a pulse, and lost by 20 points or so. They did beat Temple, and I think Temple is decent based on looking at their wins over Clemson, South Carolina and Wisconsin, but Temple did lose to LaSalle, though LaSalle almost beat Villanova (yes, I'm doing this). Anyway, we should win, but without Bruce, it won't be as easy as it should.

We beat Princeton by 28 at home. They beat Princeton by 11 at home. Still gotta play the game though and their W against Temple should show our guys what happens if you don't come to play.

Advertisement
Is the best way to get in there via Metro? I've never been to GW so not sure on the parking but I'm guessing it's awful as are most places in DC.

I'd be coming from the Tysons Corner/Mclean area.

There will be at least 100 in the building from reading pa

My family and I are driving down. But I know they running buses thru lonnies hs

Is the best way to get in there via Metro? I've never been to GW so not sure on the parking but I'm guessing it's awful as are most places in DC.

I'd be coming from the Tysons Corner/Mclean area.

Yeah, just metro in. Hop on silver line and get off at foggy bottom, drops you slam in the middle of campus.

As you walk out of the metro, make a right and it'll be like 2 or 3 blocks away.

Advertisement
Orange or Blue Line to Foggy Bottom-GWU is how we go. I usually take the train in from Pentagon City. From Tysons, the Silver Line works as ilove says. Charles E. Smith Center is 3 blocks from the Metro. They'll be lucky to draw to 2k.

Last edited:
GWU isn't particularly deep. They rely on the leadership of giant and seemingly on the roster since the 80s 6'9 G Yuta Watanabe (15.1 ppg 6.9 rpg). Watanabe is super athletic and plays smart. He moves well for his size, hence the guard listing and is a shot blocking threat.

Soph G Jair Bolden (14.5 ppg .370 from beyond the arc) and 6'8 Soph F Arnaldo Toro (9.8 ppg including 21 vs K State and 6.4 rpg) are the next best two. Sr F (and Harvard alum) Patrick Steeves hasn't really lived up to his sleeper billing so far, but anyone on their starting five can score double digits in any particular game.

GW's achilles is their (non existent) bench. It's no secret that the starting 5 average close to 30 minutes per game. Unfortunately, GW seems to compensate by their starters avoiding foul trouble.

GW has been blown out by the usual suspects and lost to a bad Rider team. They also beat Temple. We need to play focused and attack the hoop. Getting Toro (more likely) or Watanabe (unlikely) into foul trouble would be big.

All the tea leaves point at this being a possible trap game. An aggressive game plan should be enough.

Last edited:
Taking the Orange Line from New Carrollton to Foggy Bottom stop. Driving in on a Saturday would be a piece of cake but parking is another matter. The Smith Center is a cozy place, seating about 5000 or so.

Advertisement
I doubt it exists, but if anyone has or finds a mobile-friendly stream of the game Saturday please let me/us know. I'll be out on the golf course and will more than likely miss the entire game otherwise (minus drunk-yelling at whatever gamecast I decide to refresh every 30 seconds).

I plan to go but don't have a ticket yet. Should I walk up to buy from ticket office at the gym? Ideas?

Advertisement
Back