Golden get no credit for the 2 first rd picks

Dude can take the top off a defense. No way a team stacks the box with the colts.

Yes he can but it won't be easy man... The NFL db's will draft him... I know TY and Antonio does it but the funny thing is I rarely remember those guys getting deep passers while they were in college... Due to the limitations of their qbs they knew how to run a lot of routes... I don't think PD is going to just come in the league running past everyone... It's going to take time...
lol... U can't be serious..

You can't be serious to think that he will just run past experience players... Its not that easy... The NFL game is more physical and every team has a top notch college defender on the field... The corners are much stronger... defensive schemes are more sophisticated... He's not going to walk on the field and blow past everyone... At least that's my opinion...

Advertisement
Disagree. I'm not a fan of Golden, but his flaws come down to X's and O's and not being a good gameday coach... I think he does a good job of developing talent.

No reason in the world why other college coaches get credit for "developing" players like Saban, who has been getting 15 five stars every year but didn't have as many first rounders as we did, but we wouldn't give credit to Golden.

If player development is just on the player, then at least Golden gets credit for brining the right players in. Cause we didn't have a first rounder the entire Shannon regime.

View attachment 30336

View attachment 30337

+10000000000
Thank you!!!! Even if you don't like the coach at least know your team... Kenny Phillips was a 1st rounder and played like it while he was here...

Lol, right. The worst coach in Miami football history just had two players drafted in the first round. Yeah that guy sucks at developing players for the NFL.

Everyone says Shannon sucked and he had a first rounder too.

Shannon was just a guy that had no business coaching as a head coach. Al Golden on the other hand, had a track record of putting players in the pros.

What track record? before coming to Miami, I believe he put 2 guys in the pros correct?

Lol, right. The worst coach in Miami football history just had two players drafted in the first round. Yeah that guy sucks at developing players for the NFL.

Shannon was just a guy that had no business coaching as a head coach. Al Golden on the other hand, had a track record of putting players in the pros.

What track record? before coming to Miami, I believe he put 2 guys in the pros correct?

Don't feed the troll/******. There's no way he's being serious...either that or we're dealing with a moron of legendary capacity.

Don't feed the troll/******. There's no way he's being serious...either that or we're dealing with a moron of legendary capacity.

I'm no moron. You're just too upset to see the progress Golden has made at Miami.

Advertisement
Let's look at the drafted players and position coaches.
Flowers and feliciano. Kehoe
Dorsett. Gods gift of speed
DP. Golden didn't want him. Barrow
Duke Johnson. Ice and gifted. But went lower than his talent should've had him. Should've been round 2
Walford. Scott
Chick. Went five star to bottom of round six. Where was Baez tweeting on that one?

The kids w a position coach worth a **** went where they should. Outside Dorsett, everyone else went lower.

Miami had ZERO db drafted

Despite seven players drafted though, Golden goes 6-7.

Complete fraud.

Disagree. I'm not a fan of Golden, but his flaws come down to X's and O's and not being a good gameday coach... I think he does a good job of developing talent.

No reason in the world why other college coaches get credit for "developing" players like Saban, who has been getting 15 five stars every year but didn't have as many first rounders as we did, but we wouldn't give credit to Golden.

If player development is just on the player, then at least Golden gets credit for brining the right players in. Cause we didn't have a first rounder the entire Shannon regime.

While it is true that Shannon did have four players drafted in the first round, all of them were players he inherited from the previous head coach and three of them were after his first season as head coach. I like Randy, but unfortunately, I think he was not ready to be a head coach at that time. I wish him the best and hope that he has a long successful coaching career. The two players that were drafted in the first round this year, people will say that they were recruited by Randy, but they developed under 4 years of Al Golden and company. Please note, I am not a fan of the defensive scheme or at times the offensive coaching.

Year Pick Player Position Team
2008 31 Kenny Phillips S New York Giants
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S New England Patriots
25 Jon Beason LB Carolina Panthers
31 Greg Olsen TE Chi***o Bears

Is there a trophy for the most draft picks? Or do we get credited for a win for each first rounder?

Because if not, then this is just more reason for this fat ****ied Moran to hit the road

While it is true that Shannon did have four players drafted in the first round, all of them were players he inherited from the previous head coach and three of them were after his first season as head coach.

Lmao...so Shannon didn't develop Beason, Phillips and Meriweather when he was the DC?

Advertisement
comparing Shannon and Golden at this point is like comparing the shortest midget in a tall man contest! They both leave a ton to be desired! Their respective records are about the same with South Florida putting out some of the best talent that has ever graced the fields of south Florida.

With that said, Al gets a little credit, the kids do look like players now, but that's it!!!!!! I want wins nothing else!

I have no problem with a current staff taking credit for development or players getting drafted. At the same token take responsibility for being a sorry *** game day coach, terrible schemes, incapable of making in game adjustments, sorry special teams, average recruiting in a an area abundant with talent, alienating a huge portion of the fan base and going 6-7 with guy capable of playing NFL football and lastly not making any staff or scheme changes when its as obvious as the hot summer Miami sun that is what's needed.

IMO. Player development is mostly on the player IMO. Golden is still a ****** coach and should get no credit for so called " developing" these guys. The man Is the worse coach in um football history.

Coaches have some influence on a players development, don't get me wrong, but it's up to the player to apply and put those skills into play.

Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

What are you talking about? "Look like players"? The last staff was putting out players and they are having productive careers in the NFL... They were always the top performers among their position groups at the combine... Oh stop it... This doesn't make any sense... Some of of you try so hard to excuse Golden or over credit him it's sad... Funny thing is most of his draft picks either signed or committed to RS... PD, Duke, Feliciano &Walford were all signed or had committed to RS...

Man it's sad that Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 NFL tight ends, several NFL O linemen and 5 NFL wideouts yet he claimed he was deficient of talent. The team was never this bad. It's great we were able to get back in the first round but our teams always had talent... We were never this bad...

What are you talking about Benjamin, Spence, and the others that never looked like they saw a weight room. I'm not sure if you are related to Shannon or not, but I have little for either at this point. With that, everyone has noticed a huge difference in the physical make-up of our players. Let's not include the guys that were already there, Vernon, James and a few others. AGAIN, I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT, THEY BOTH LEAVE A TON TO BE DESIRED!!!!!

Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

What are you talking about? "Look like players"? The last staff was putting out players and they are having productive careers in the NFL... They were always the top performers among their position groups at the combine... Oh stop it... This doesn't make any sense... Some of of you try so hard to excuse Golden or over credit him it's sad... Funny thing is most of his draft picks either signed or committed to RS... PD, Duke, Feliciano &Walford were all signed or had committed to RS...

Man it's sad that Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 NFL tight ends, several NFL O linemen and 5 NFL wideouts yet he claimed he was deficient of talent. The team was never this bad. It's great we were able to get back in the first round but our teams always had talent... We were never this bad...

What are you talking about Benjamin, Spence, and the others that never looked like they saw a weight room. I'm not sure if you are related to Shannon or not, but I have little for either at this point. With that, everyone has noticed a huge difference in the physical make-up of our players. Let's not include the guys that were already there, Vernon, James and a few others. AGAIN, I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT, THEY BOTH LEAVE A TON TO BE DESIRED!!!!!

What Spence came in like he was 190 and left around 230... His last year with RS he was playing around 220... I'm not related to RS but I can't sit back and allow you to make ignorant statements... You pick out 2 players of all RS players who were slender ex built(even though Spence wasn't but I'll say two to throw in DVD) yet you don't mention Bailey, you don't mention Vernon, you don't mention Sharpton, or McCarthy. What about Franklin? Get out of here reaching man... Stop trying validate every move... RS players also killed it at the combine every year... What does look like players mean? That's like me pointing to McCord and saying Golden isn't doing a good job putting on weight because he's slender compared to other DE's... Oh by the way our players may be heavier but they are also much slower... Meaningless assessment man...

Last edited:
Advertisement
And to finally point out the obvious... There were short comings expected of RS... We wanted and expected wins but we knew he was learning on the job... He didn't progress at a fast enough pace and was fired... RS was a 1st time HC... There is no excuse for Golden because he had experience prior to coming here... It's discouraging to see that his bench mark for progress is when we compare his underwhelming record to a 2st year coach, using the 1st year coach's players... Golden is like the 1st experience coach hire since Dennis and he has been underwhelming to say the least... Butch, Coker and RS were all better... Our program has regressed since Butch left... And now our standards for excellent have been lowered... I mean we try to find success in our current state by comparing an experience HC with novice HC...

I'm no moron. You're just too upset to see the progress Golden has made at Miami.

Such a small sentence with so many contradictions

L..
Sorry PAR, but WR's with his speed get drafted, typically about where he was. Find me any at his position in this draft that didn't. Go back in several drafts if you want as well.

Simply put, we'll find out in years to come if he can do more of the things a well rounded receiver can or if he's just a downfield threat. I'm guessing the Colts think they can get more out of him, but when given the opportunity here he didn't run with it.

What opportunity? Dorsett was limited by the coaches.

Advertisement

So Olivier Vernon didn't look like a football player? Orlando Franklin? Please. If you wanna give golden said sorry *** credit then you have to give Shannon equal credit. Franklin wasn't a first rd'r but he's an NFL starter. Lookin like a football player doesn't mean chit anyway.

IMO. Player development is mostly on the player IMO. Golden is still a ****ty coach and should get no credit for so called " developing" these guys. The man Is the worse coach in um football history.

Coaches have some influence on a players development, don't get me wrong, but it's up to the player to apply and put those skills into play.

Why not spend the moment congratulating our kids instead of the same negativity?

Take your own advice and if you've paid attention I have congratulated the players even in this thread. I give the players most of the credit for developing themselves into draftable assets.

So you wanna give golden credit for developing players but not Shannon? Lmao. Figures. And Shannon actually brought In good players as evident of the all acc selections and players getting drafted, making NFL teams with some starters. Lmao at Shannon not bringing in the right players when some of the guys drafted were recruited and committed to Shannon...

Who said he sucked? I said he gets no credit for developing players cuz I feel players are mostly responsible for their won development. That's why you can have. A guy like jerry rice go to Mississippi valley state and become a hof. I guess his coaches are some hot shot developers of talent even though they never did **** after rice came along.

And btw, golden does suck as a coach.

Advertisement
Back