Golden get no credit for the 2 first rd picks

Lol, right. The worst coach in Miami football history just had two players drafted in the first round. Yeah that guy sucks at developing players for the NFL.

Everyone says Shannon sucked and he had a first rounder too.

Shannon was just a guy that had no business coaching as a head coach. Al Golden on the other hand, had a track record of putting players in the pros.

Shannon was a better coach than golden. Lmao at golden having a track record and Shannon not having one.

Advertisement
I don't care how many players Golden develops and gets in the NFL, I'm not giving him any credit even if he deserves it.

He deserves plenty of credit. These are his guys he's putting in the pros. And he's going to continue to do so in the 2016 draft.

You see guys...Don Bailey Jr and Joe Z do visit these boards.

Why doesn't he get credit? Guys like Saban and Meyer gets all the credit for putting guys in the pros. But a coach as good as Golden doesn't get the credit? Put the Gatorade down for one minute and just look at his work at getting players ready for the draft.

Why don't you give Shannon credit for the guys he put in the pro's?

Disagree. I'm not a fan of Golden, but his flaws come down to X's and O's and not being a good gameday coach... I think he does a good job of developing talent.

No reason in the world why other college coaches get credit for "developing" players like Saban, who has been getting 15 five stars every year but didn't have as many first rounders as we did, but we wouldn't give credit to Golden.

If player development is just on the player, then at least Golden gets credit for brining the right players in. Cause we didn't have a first rounder the entire Shannon regime.

While it is true that Shannon did have four players drafted in the first round, all of them were players he inherited from the previous head coach and three of them were after his first season as head coach. I like Randy, but unfortunately, I think he was not ready to be a head coach at that time. I wish him the best and hope that he has a long successful coaching career. The two players that were drafted in the first round this year, people will say that they were recruited by Randy, but they developed under 4 years of Al Golden and company. Please note, I am not a fan of the defensive scheme or at times the offensive coaching.

Year Pick Player Position Team
2008 31 Kenny Phillips S New York Giants
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S New England Patriots
25 Jon Beason LB Carolina Panthers
31 Greg Olsen TE Chi***o Bears

It's funny how people wanna give sorry *** golden credit for developing players but Shannon gets zero as a dc or a hc.

Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

What are you talking about? "Look like players"? The last staff was putting out players and they are having productive careers in the NFL... They were always the top performers among their position groups at the combine... Oh stop it... This doesn't make any sense... Some of of you try so hard to excuse Golden or over credit him it's sad... Funny thing is most of his draft picks either signed or committed to RS... PD, Duke, Feliciano &Walford were all signed or had committed to RS...

Man it's sad that Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 NFL tight ends, several NFL O linemen and 5 NFL wideouts yet he claimed he was deficient of talent. The team was never this bad. It's great we were able to get back in the first round but our teams always had talent... We were never this bad...

What are you talking about Benjamin, Spence, and the others that never looked like they saw a weight room. I'm not sure if you are related to Shannon or not, but I have little for either at this point. With that, everyone has noticed a huge difference in the physical make-up of our players. Let's not include the guys that were already there, Vernon, James and a few others. AGAIN, I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT, THEY BOTH LEAVE A TON TO BE DESIRED!!!!!

Lmao. Yea Vernon and forston were both weak guys they just did 30 Plus Reps of 225. Colin McCarthy tested out just as good or better then players at his position. Franklin is an NFL starter but I guess he doesn't pass your look test lmfao. Byrd made an NFL team after being a. Back up here but he doesn't look like it. Jimmy Graham doesn't look like a football player..neither does Lamar miller. Tv did 17 or 18 reps but it don't look like it so it doesn't count smh. Sharp ton didn't have the looks but he started games for the Texans.....hankerson did t look right either lmao

Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

What are you talking about? "Look like players"? The last staff was putting out players and they are having productive careers in the NFL... They were always the top performers among their position groups at the combine... Oh stop it... This doesn't make any sense... Some of of you try so hard to excuse Golden or over credit him it's sad... Funny thing is most of his draft picks either signed or committed to RS... PD, Duke, Feliciano &Walford were all signed or had committed to RS...

Man it's sad that Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 NFL tight ends, several NFL O linemen and 5 NFL wideouts yet he claimed he was deficient of talent. The team was never this bad. It's great we were able to get back in the first round but our teams always had talent... We were never this bad...

What are you talking about Benjamin, Spence, and the others that never looked like they saw a weight room. I'm not sure if you are related to Shannon or not, but I have little for either at this point. With that, everyone has noticed a huge difference in the physical make-up of our players. Let's not include the guys that were already there, Vernon, James and a few others. AGAIN, I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT, THEY BOTH LEAVE A TON TO BE DESIRED!!!!!

Lmao. Yea Vernon and forston were both weak guys they just did 30 Plus Reps of 225. Colin McCarthy tested out just as good or better then players at his position. Franklin is an NFL starter but I guess he doesn't pass your look test lmfao. Byrd made an NFL team after being a. Back up here but he doesn't look like it. Jimmy Graham doesn't look like a football player..neither does Lamar miller. Tv did 17 or 18 reps but it don't look like it so it doesn't count smh. Sharp ton didn't have the looks but he started games for the Texans.....hankerson did t look right either lmao

Yea this guy is reaching for something but there is nothing... Who complains about Spence... He was still on of the most productive backers in Cane history... He made plays that we haven't seen in a while with the exception from Perryman... And even with Perryman, Spence is still better... He's talking about looking like players yet T3 is an all time receiver in in recieving yards and all purpose yards... I really don't know, what "looks like a player" means... And the only people who bring that up are people who knows absolutely nothing about football... Coley doesn't look like a "Mr. Atlas" and McCord is undersized for DE... Oh how about Yearby... I can care less about looking like a player... Be a player.

Advertisement
Everyone says Shannon sucked and he had a first rounder too.

Shannon was just a guy that had no business coaching as a head coach. Al Golden on the other hand, had a track record of putting players in the pros.

What track record? before coming to Miami, I believe he put 2 guys in the pros correct?

Don't feed the troll/******. There's no way he's being serious...either that or we're dealing with a moron of legendary capacity.

I'm no moron. You're just too upset to see the progress Golden has made at Miami.

I about fell out of my chair in laughter when you made a statement indicating that Golden has made any progress in a positive way. 6-7 is not progress.

I think Golden can develop players he just can't put them in the right position to win games though. Which is even worse

I don't know how some could describe Golden as a "good" coach when he has a sub .500 record heading into his 10th year as a head coach and just came off a 6-7 season with our most talented team in the last decade.

Dude can take the top off a defense. No way a team stacks the box with the colts.

Yes he can but it won't be easy man... The NFL db's will draft him... I know TY and Antonio does it but the funny thing is I rarely remember those guys getting deep passers while they were in college... Due to the limitations of their qbs they knew how to run a lot of routes... I don't think PD is going to just come in the league running past everyone... It's going to take time...
lol... U can't be serious..

You can't be serious to think that he will just run past experience players... Its not that easy... The NFL game is more physical and every team has a top notch college defender on the field... The corners are much stronger... defensive schemes are more sophisticated... He's not going to walk on the field and blow past everyone... At least that's my opinion...
Why did you even reply back dawg... I mean seriously why did you even reply back with this stupid chit? He banging your broad or something?

Advertisement
I never understood the negativity from Cane fans about PD. I remember his Jr year and we got retards talking about how he should have been dropped off the depth chart behind Waters, Coley, Scott etc. I've felt like PD was going to be a good one from day 1. I didn't expect 1st round prior to this year due to some inconsistencies with drops, but he has gotten better each year and really seemed to put it all together in his senior year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just always found it funny watching people call him overrated all the time. Now everyone is talking about how underutilized he was.

Not negative, just that there's no way I would personally have drafted PD ahead of Duke or Denzel.... but that's just me. I think Duke going in the 3rd is way too low. Dude will have a much bigger impact on the offense than Dorsett will, IMO

This is not just directed at you. People were dogging PD out last year like he was some kind of scrub. Again, I never expected him to be a 1st round guy, I was always thinking 2nd -3rd rounder before this year. Just amazes me how many people dogged him last year and everyone is all over him now.

I'm not going to go into deep detail, because no sense in dogging the young man. I have never been blown away with his game.

Moving on, Congratulations are in order for him and the rest our guys that are fighting for a spot in the NFL.

It's possible for a coach to know how to develop players but not use them effectively... Because that's what golden is.... This recent draft class will go a long way and dispel any notion that UM is not developing players in the community... Trust me

It's possible for a coach to know how to develop players but not use them effectively... Because that's what golden is.... This recent draft class will go a long way and dispel any notion that UM is not developing players in the community... Trust me

Has a lot to do with talent. But at the end of the day, having all that talent, yet not being able to win games is the more important issue.

Dude can take the top off a defense. No way a team stacks the box with the colts.

Yes he can but it won't be easy man... The NFL db's will draft him... I know TY and Antonio does it but the funny thing is I rarely remember those guys getting deep passers while they were in college... Due to the limitations of their qbs they knew how to run a lot of routes... I don't think PD is going to just come in the league running past everyone... It's going to take time...

You can't be serious to think that he will just run past experience players... Its not that easy... The NFL game is more physical and every team has a top notch college defender on the field... The corners are much stronger... defensive schemes are more sophisticated... He's not going to walk on the field and blow past everyone... At least that's my opinion...
Why did you even reply back dawg... I mean seriously why did you even reply back with this stupid chit? He banging your broad or something?

Man get real... We're talking football... I have been saying PD has been our best wideout for the past 3 years... What's stupid about saying he isn't just going to walk on the field and run past everyone? There has been fast players to come in the league who were more dynamic than PD and it took them time to adjust... It's going to take him time to adjust...

Advertisement
Most here didn't fall in love with Dorsett and called him a mid round pick until the draft hype started. LOL.

I guess if you think coaches develop players....the question becomes what coach doesn't develop his players?

Man get real... We're talking football... I have been saying PD has been our best wideout for the past 3 years... What's stupid about saying he isn't just going to walk on the field and run past everyone? There has been fast players to come in the league who were more dynamic than PD and it took them time to adjust... It's going to take him time to adjust...
Dont back track now...

Your quote

"You can't be serious to think that he will just run past experience players... Its not that easy... The NFL game is more physical and every team has a top notch college defender on the field..."

Do you know what PD did to some of those top college corners?

And let me tell you one thing. His upper body strength is underrated. He was our best run blocking wr, plus I never seen him get jammed on the line.

Have you ever seen this dude play? I'm telling you now, that PD is going to go into the league and do his thing from day one. Name me one wr in college football that can take the top off a defense better than PD. You can't and won't.

You remember that Amerson kid from NC State who I think was ranked the top corner in college football that year.. PD shouldve gotten charged for a hate crime for what he did to that kid. He had like 7 or 8 catches for 200 yards mane. (one being the game winner)

You remember that Notre Dame game when he tore the head off that defense (even tho he dropped it) when the safeties were playing 30 yards off the ball.

Remember that UF corner that he torched, but Golden went and started playing pzzy ball.

Did you not hear and read all the chit the NFL scouts say about PD and OCord?

I was watching the draft on fox sports and espn, but one ex Gm on fox sports claimed that PD was probably the steal of the draft.

Advertisement

Dont back track now...

Your quote

"You can't be serious to think that he will just run past experience players... Its not that easy... The NFL game is more physical and every team has a top notch college defender on the field..."

And let me tell you one thing. His upper body strength is underrated. He was our best run blocking wr, plus I never seen him get jammed on the line.

Have you ever seen this dude play? I'm telling you now, that PD is going to go into the league and do his thing from day one. Name me one wr in college football that can take the top off a defense better than PD. You can't and won't.

You remember that Amerson kid from NC State who I think was ranked the top corner in college football that year.. PD shouldve gotten charged for a hate crime for what he did to that kid. He had like 7 or 8 catches for 200 yards mane. (one being the game winner)

You remember that Notre Dame game when he tore the head off that defense (even tho he dropped it) when the safeties were playing 30 yards off the ball.

Remember that UF corner that he torched, but Golden went and started playing pzzy ball.

I was watching the draft on fox sports and espn, but one ex Gm on fox sports claimed that PD was probably the steal of the draft.

You're overrating PD ridiculously. Whoever that ex GM was is probably just spewing out the same nonsense that was gaining momentum leading up to the draft in reference to PD.

He's fast as ****. He'll run by any corner on the planet and split any 2 safeties on that same planet...but God knows if you throw him anything short to intermediate he's got ZERO run after the catch ability. He slows down DRAMATICALLY with the ball in his hands and his stop/start acceleration is way below average. It really rears it's ugly head in space and on returns when he "chop-steps" his way through a crowd and never gets going.

He's a one trick pony. Best case he's a Randall Hill. Anyone comparing him to TY Hilton is outside their **** mind. Hilton is explosive WITH the ball in his hands, makes guys miss, and can turn short gains into big plays.

Sorry...but I just don't see the hype surrounding PD. I especially can't get on board with him being a "first round pick".

Dont back track now...

Your quote

Man no one is back tracking... I'm a PD fan, I'm just saying he isn't going to come in and torch NFL backs like he did in college... Man don't bring up that NCstate game their team was so slow... Fisch called a great game utilizing PD's speed and Morris' arm... I saw the UF game and he burnt that who ever was on him for a to than they shut him down throwing him off his routes... UF got physical with our offense Coley became conservative because there was no room for the offense after that td... PD isn't Hilton or Brown... Both players made plays by accumulating yacs in college... I seen both play... They were turning screens, slants, and reverses for long gains... PD is good but you're making him out to be the next Moss or something... He's not a transcendent player... There have been fast guys to come in the league and it took them time to adjust... I look at it like this if a fast wideout like Santana Moss needed time adjust doing everything on the field, I won't be surprised if it takes PD some time to adjust... The game is more than speed.

Dont back track now...

Your quote

Man no one is back tracking... I'm a PD fan, I'm just saying he isn't going to come in and torch NFL backs like he did in college... Man don't bring up that NCstate game their team was so slow... Fisch called a great game utilizing PD's speed and Morris' arm... I saw the UF game and he burnt that who ever was on him for a to than they shut him down throwing him off his routes... UF got physical with our offense Coley became conservative because there was no room for the offense after that td... PD isn't Hilton or Brown... Both players made plays by accumulating yacs in college... I seen both play... They were turning screens, slants, and reverses for long gains... PD is good but you're making him out to be the next Moss or something... He's not a transcendent player... There have been fast guys to come in the league and it took them time to adjust... I look at it like this if a fast wideout like Santana Moss needed time adjust doing everything on the field, I won't be surprised if it takes PD some time to adjust... The game is more than speed.

I bet he has over 10 touchdowns as a rookie? You willing to bet he doesn't?

Over 10 td's for a potential 4th wideout and like 6th or 7th option? You're crazy man. With TY, Dre, Fleener, Allen, Gore and Donte Moncreif he won't get 10 tds... Now you're being ridiculous... Unless he turns loose into a return beast, he won't come close to that number... Get real, man... I see 4 to 5 tds tops...

Advertisement
Back