Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Kadarius Toney making a fool of himself tonight lol
FB_IMG_1694149052969.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Again, people are misunderstanding the substance of what is happening here.

The primary issue with the contract is an advancement of a half-million dollars in exchange for 15% of future earnings for 25 years. That is illegal. That is, quite literally, pay-for-play. The fact that the advance fund is dressing it up a bit by tossing in a few distracting "autograph signings" as a requirement doestn't remove the payback associated with 25 years of athletic earnings.

If that were the case, then you could have REAL agents signing freshmen to binding agent contracts, advancing them a few hundred thousand, and then disguising it with a transparent "oh, but I asked the kid to say nice things about my firm and show up to a few functions".

If an agent (or advance fund) could manage to be patient and ONLY sign a TRUE deal involving NIL, then they would likely earn enough trust and goodwill to EVENTUALLY sign the player. But you can't bundle two different things into one contract, an illegal contract against future ATHLETIC earnings and an otherwise legitimate NIL arrangement.

To use a different example, a player can't take a pay-for-play deal, and then regain his eligibility by donating all the money to charity.

To use an even different example, you can't hire a prostitute in order to satisfy a "Make a Wish" kid's final request.

This was an illegal pay-for-play contract with a few "NIL garnishes" to try to put some lipstick on the pig.

Any judge will see through this pantomime in about a minute.
It seems like an usurious loan.

Bruh bout to get his *** cut. U can’t tell me that they didn’t just let some dude go, last week, that would have made all dem catches. That INT cost them the game. The last drop basically ended any chance of them winning. Yes, the throw was behind him, but a professional makes that catch.
Professional makes that catch and likely scores since it looked there was a whole lot of open field behind him.

Advertisement
Professional makes that catch and likely scores since it looked there was a whole lot of open field behind him.
Yea, possibly. If he makes that catch,...... AT WORSE, they end up attempting a game winning field goal. The look on Mahomes face, said it all.

Anyone can use any words they want to use, buuuuuuttttt...

It isn't really an "NIL deal" if they don't require the players to do anything involving Name, Image, or Licensing. If they are just advancing money to college FOOTBALL players against their future NFL SALARIES, then it is no different from the "minor league baseball investment strategy".

People can put any name on it that they want, to make it look good, to make it look like they are not violating the amateurism rules, but this is NOT true NIL.

This is just like what happens right before the draft, when the agent starts advancing a kid money prior to the ACTUAL draft slot being determined.

And once THAT happens, the eligibility is forfeited. Which means that The Gaytor used an ineligible player in 2022.
NIL isn’t even true NIL, and this is way worse than that 😂

Bruh bout to get his *** cut. U can’t tell me that they didn’t just let some dude go, last week, that would have made all dem catches. That INT cost them the game. The last drop basically ended any chance of them winning. Yes, the throw was behind him, but a professional makes that catch.
I thoroughly enjoyed every drop Toney had. I hope he stays and the Chiefs have a superbowl hangover. Lions started their superbowl campaign early one week early.

Advertisement
Back