Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Ok please someone explain to TrumpyCane the hype about Eugene Wilson?

Dude averaged less than 9 yards catch, not even top 10 for TF receivers with at least 20 catches, TrumpyCane didn’t bother going further

He had a 1st round WR playing next him so he should have had more 1 on 1 looks
I'd like to his YAC numbers. I'd bet 75%+ of his yards are after the catch. Not that its a bad thing but really shows how limited his skillset and Mertz really are. Changes the outlook projecting someone to cover him 1on1 or can we tackle him? I feel a lot more confident in us tackling and limiting him than relying on coverage ability.

I'd like to his YAC numbers. I'd bet 75%+ of his yards are after the catch. Not that its a bad thing but really shows how limited his skillset and Mertz really are. Changes the outlook projecting someone to cover him 1on1 or can we tackle him? I feel a lot more confident in us tackling and limiting him than relying on coverage ability.

Yes.

And they are STILL having trouble getting their downfield passing game going even now, a couple of weeks before the season starts. In other words, even though they have a RETURNING QB and a RETURNING OC and a RETURNING WR and a TRANSFER WR FROM THE SAME SCHOOL AS THE RETURNING QB, they still can't get their downfield passing game to click.

Yes.

And they are STILL having trouble getting their downfield passing game going even now, a couple of weeks before the season starts. In other words, even though they have a RETURNING QB and a RETURNING OC and a RETURNING WR and a TRANSFER WR FROM THE SAME SCHOOL AS THE RETURNING QB, they still can't get their downfield passing game to click.
Their fans will tell you and their writers will make it seem like its because their secondary is so good though.

No concerns there.

Advertisement

Dude averaged less than 9 yards catch, not even top 10 for TF receivers with at least 20 catches, TrumpyCane didn’t bother going further

Because Wilson “caught” a lot of shovel pop passes when he was in motion which back in the day would have counted as runs now are counted as catches which deflated his YPC. Not saying if you went back and subtracted those and made them runs that his traditional catches woulda drastically increased his YPC, but just pointing that out.

He’s SUPER talented and we will see if they expand his role this season. I mean we BETTER if we know whats good for us and leave that shovel pass stuff to Tank Hawkins or **** even Mizell.

Still feel it was/is a mistake for Billy to call plays though. Wish he would be hands off with that. It worked wonders for Mizzo last year when Eli stopped being the OC. He even said that much himself

Because Wilson “caught” a lot of shovel pop passes when he was in motion which back in the day would have counted as runs now are counted as catches which deflated his YPC. Not saying if you went back and subtracted those and made them runs that his traditional catches woulda drastically increased his YPC, but just pointing that out.

He’s SUPER talented and we will see if they expand his role this season. I mean we BETTER if we know whats good for us and leave that shovel pass stuff to Tank Hawkins or **** even Mizell.

Still feel it was/is a mistake for Billy to call plays though. Wish he would be hands off with that. It worked wonders for Mizzo last year when Eli stopped being the OC. He even said that much himself

OK, let me follow up on this.

Wilson had 61 catches in 10 games, which is impressive. But as we have pointed out, the "yards per catch" issue is troubling.

Now, I'm posting the stats for last year, and there are two statistical items to note.

First, in only FOUR of the 10 games was Wilson "above average" in his NUMBER of receptions (6 per game), and in two of those four games, his LONGEST catch was for 12 or 13 yards. In fact, for FIVE of his games, his longest catch was for...12 or 13 yards.

Second, when you look at Wilson's "long" catches, his LONGEST is 30 yards, then 27 yards, then 24 yards. He had a 19 yarder and a 16 yarder too. So if they hypothesis is that "gosh, all the long passes are watered down by the short passes", well then, that's just not true either.

I can AGREE with you that Slingblade Billy is not using Wilson properly. TRUTH. But this idea that the short "touch-passes" are watering down Wilson's downfield brilliance...that's where I DISAGREE.

Take the Mizzou game, where he had 7 catches. If you remove the 13 yard "long" pass, you are left with 6 receptions for 10 yards. NOT GREAT, BOB.

Now, to prove my point even further, I am going to recalculate Wilson's YPC by removing his FIVE longest passes, which have surely been diminished by the touch passes. Except when I pull out those 5 "long" passes, the YPC only goes down to 7.5 yards per catch (from 8.8), and that is across 56 receptions.

So you have to pick your poison here. If the touch passes "should be" runs, then Wilson has a lot fewer receptions. And even if you do that, it's not like his YPC skyrockets, there's not a single reception for greater than 30 yards the entire season.

On this discussion, the blame goes solely to Slingblade Billy and Mertz's inability to throw downfield.

1724168389040.webp

Advertisement

Same. Statistically, he’s one of the least explosive receivers in college. I mean, it’s not uncommon for slot guys to only average around 10 ypc but this dude didn’t even average 9.

My opinion on how the Miami vs Florida rivalry woulda went had we played each other every year the OPENING week since 2000:

2000-2004: Miami
05-09: Florida
2010 & 2011: push
2012: Florida
2013 & 2014: Miami
2015 & 2016: push
2017: Miami
2018-2020: Florida
2021: push
2022 & 2023: Miami
1988-92: Miami
1993: Draw. Awesome Florida offense vs. awesome Miami Defense.
1994: Miami
1995-1999: Florida

Advertisement
Advertisement
just ignore the guy
hes getting exactly what he wants
its not about winning or losing
its about saying crazy ish like that
so he gets traffic on his video and clicks
dont even give them any time of day
why are we playing into their hands
And then won't own up to being wrong when he's wrong. It'll spin right into the refs, injuries, or fire Billy and the fans following him will forget

Yet if he's right... he will ride that high for the rest of his life and we will never hear the end of it.

And then won't own up to being wrong when he's wrong. It'll spin right into the refs, injuries, or fire Billy and the fans following him will forget

Yet if he's right... he will ride that high for the rest of his life and we will never hear the end of it.
nah i won't hear any of it because i don't follow or listen to this deliverance looking Mfer

Advertisement
Back