Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
IMG_7044.webp

For all of Napier’s faults, he’s a **** of a WR evaluator/coach. That group is always going to look good and perform under him.

The OL, on the other hand, is an abject embarrassment. They have two well paid OL coaches and a third GA who’s pretty well regarded in the industry. That’s three people on the OL that have skill (well, supposedly) and they’ve only gotten worse year over year.

The biggest kick in the nuts there is the lack of talent coming in from high school.

For all of Napier’s faults, he’s a **** of a WR evaluator/coach. That group is always going to look good and perform under him.

The OL, on the other hand, is an abject embarrassment. They have two well paid OL coaches and a third GA who’s pretty well regarded in the industry. That’s three people on the OL that have skill (well, supposedly) and they’ve only gotten worse year over year.

The biggest kick in the nuts there is the lack of talent coming in from high school.

Recruiting/development along the OL been an issue since Muschamp was here. I just don’t get what we’re getting out of Sale. Recruiting has been **** near Coach Hevesy level

The only areas of their team that seem talented are the WR's and secondary. The rest of the groups look like hot garbage on paper and these scrimmage reports seem to confirm it further.

Advertisement
Were Gator fans really concerned about WR?? Because going into our game I would say WR is the strength of the team and the trenches the weakness. Seems Waters is just putting that out there to soften the blow about how bad their OL really is
How good do the receivers have to be when all you have to do is catch 5 yd passes…

We can't underestimate UF too much lol. I'm sure they will lose a lot of games, but the reality is they do have probably the toughest schedule in the country this year.

We play them at their place. Rivalry games are almost always close. I do think we are absolutely the better roster and better team and will win. But I do think if UF was like in the B12 they'd probably be the best or 2nd best team. If they were in the ACC they'd probably be what like 4th? So I think it'll be a tough game for sure.

Advertisement
We can't underestimate UF too much lol. I'm sure they will lose a lot of games, but the reality is they do have probably the toughest schedule in the country this year.

We play them at their place. Rivalry games are almost always close. I do think we are absolutely the better roster and better team and will win. But I do think if UF was like in the B12 they'd probably be the best or 2nd best team. If they were in the ACC they'd probably be what like 4th? So I think it'll be a tough game for sure.
The opening game itself is what gives them a chance more than anything. Game 1's can be so whacky and being at home helps them navigate it better. Still think we win as Ward + trenches will be too much for them to overcome.

The opening game itself is what gives them a chance more than anything. Game 1's can be so whacky and being at home helps them navigate it better. Still think we win as Ward + trenches will be too much for them to overcome.
Agree. Week 1 Rivalry game. I think we could be a National Championship team and UF lose like 7 games, and this one still end close score wise...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Were Gator fans really concerned about WR?? Because going into our game I would say WR is the strength of the team and the trenches the weakness. Seems Waters is just putting that out there to soften the blow about how bad their OL really is
I would not say glowing or red flag concern but a concern. They lost Pearsall who was drafted in the 1st round so my buddy who is a gator alum kept saying they lost their #1 first round WR, which technically is true. They then go out and get that Badger guy who was coming off some weird back injury so he was worried putting a lot of stock into a guy who seemingly other schools passed on due to injury concerns. He knows Wilson is a stud but I guess he was nicked in a few games last year.

After that? A lot of questions marks... Andy Jean has gotten reviews here and there but done nothing, Aidan Mizell is the same. Tank Hawkins is that TF speedster we were after and they got some senior transfer from Wisconsin. Now there is the argument you dont go out and get two senior WR's in the portal if you love your room but I think cautious is probably a better word than concern. They think they had bodies, just unproven and no one is a leader yet like Pearsall and you have Wilson then a drop off and everyone else.

Reading their notes on the scrimmage today, they appear to be concerned with OL, the right side specifically, and their lack of pass rush along with the apparent injury of Lyons.
Say, which side does Bain usually line up on?

I would not say glowing or red flag concern but a concern. They lost Pearsall who was drafted in the 1st round so my buddy who is a gator alum kept saying they lost their #1 first round WR, which technically is true. They then go out and get that Badger guy who was coming off some weird back injury so he was worried putting a lot of stock into a guy who seemingly other schools passed on due to injury concerns. He knows Wilson is a stud but I guess he was nicked in a few games last year.

After that? A lot of questions marks... Andy Jean has gotten reviews here and there but done nothing, Aidan Mizell is the same. Tank Hawkins is that TF speedster we were after and they got some senior transfer from Wisconsin. Now there is the argument you dont go out and get two senior WR's in the portal if you love your room but I think cautious is probably a better word than concern. They think they had bodies, just unproven and no one is a leader yet like Pearsall and you have Wilson then a drop off and everyone else.

I think these are the 4 guys I expect to see the most of on August 31:

1723473996590.webp

I think these are the 4 guys I expect to see the most of on August 31:

View attachment 297646

I would swap out either Mizell or Tank for ****. That was the wisconsin transfer my buddy was telling me about. Apparently started 30+ games in his career. I think from an experience standpoint alone he likely gets the nod above Tank or Mizell for 8/31 but by season end it could be different. I could see Billy trying to get Jean involved too since he is a miami guy.

Regardless Wilson and Badger I think get the most targets so we are talking about guy #3.

Advertisement
Back