Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
SIAP, guess who is the top candidate?

IF they absolutely have to get rid of Napier, I'd like to see them go 1-10 and fire Billy after the loss to Ole Miss, then roll into Tally and get that interim HC boost and beat the Noles. The gator goes 2-10 for the year and the Noles lose to a 1 win team. Best of both worlds.

SIAP, guess who is the top candidate?

Do we think the below (6-6) would be just good enough to keep Billy at UiF for the start of 2025:

L - Miami
W - Samford
W - TAMU
W - at Miss State
BYE
W - UCF
L - at Tennessee
W - UK
BYE
L - UGA (Jax)
L - at Texas
L - LSU
L - Ole Miss
W - at FSU

I'm doubtful UiF pulls that off, but maybe those results keep Billy alive for just a another season of misery...

Do we think the below (6-6) would be just good enough to keep Billy at UiF for the start of 2025:

L - Miami
W - Samford
W - TAMU
W - at Miss State
BYE
W - UCF
L - at Tennessee
W - UK
BYE
L - UGA (Jax)
L - at Texas
L - LSU
L - Ole Miss
W - at FSU

I'm doubtful UiF pulls that off, but maybe those results keep Billy alive for just a another season of misery...

Gator rankings says that’s good enough for a playoff spot

L - Miami
W - Samford
W - TAMU
W - at Miss State
BYE
W - UCF
L - at Tennessee
W - UK
BYE
L - UGA (Jax)
L - at Texas
L - LSU
L - Ole Miss
W - at FSU

I think it is possible but it depends... you know those UF guys dont want to pay another big buyout so soon after Mullen (who I think they are still paying) so if they can spin it I think there is a large fraction that does want that. However assuming your predictions are correct and if those 4 losses from UGA-Ole Miss are straight up UGA vs FSU bowl game level beatdowns then they will have no choice but to can him. A 24-21 last second loss on a FG to any of those teams is much different than a 40-3 loss. While both losses one you can sell as development and long term vision/goals and a "young team" with a 5* QB waiting in the wings, the other you likely have players entering the portal before the season is over lol

Advertisement
IF they absolutely have to get rid of Napier, I'd like to see them go 1-10 and fire Billy after the loss to Ole Miss, then roll into Tally and get that interim HC boost and beat the Noles. The gator goes 2-10 for the year and the Noles lose to a 1 win team. Best of both worlds.

Fun thought experiment... If the above happens, who do you want to see as interim HC?

If I was handicapping, I'd say the three favorites are Ron Roberts (Executive Head Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator, Inside Linebackers), Austin Armstrong (Defensive Coordinator), and Jabbar Juluke (Associate Head Coach - Offense / Running Backs). Roberts is the only coach on Billy's staff with any college HC experience (at Southeastern Louisiana and Delta State). Armstrong is the DC and a loudmouth. And Juluke is the only other coach on Billy's staff with any HC experience (high school level) and the most senior minority coach on the staff (relevant because UiF has NEVER had a black HC or AD).

The safest bet might be Roberts, but I'd love to see Juluke get it, win a close game against rival Forfeit State, and then not even be interviewed for the HC job (and go elsewhere next season). Then UiF hires a middle-aged white dude in khakis and with a little luck there's "noise" from coaches/parents/recruits regarding UiF's history of non-minority hires at the top of its football program. Sets the scene.

Fun thought experiment... If the above happens, who do you want to see as interim HC?

If I was handicapping, I'd say the three favorites are Ron Roberts (Executive Head Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator, Inside Linebackers), Austin Armstrong (Defensive Coordinator), and Jabbar Juluke (Associate Head Coach - Offense / Running Backs). Roberts is the only coach on Billy's staff with any college HC experience (at Southeastern Louisiana and Delta State). Armstrong is the DC and a loudmouth. And Juluke is the only other coach on Billy's staff with any HC experience (high school level) and the most senior minority coach on the staff (relevant because UiF has NEVER had a black HC or AD).

The safest bet might be Roberts, but I'd love to see Juluke get it, win a close game against rival Forfeit State, and then not even be interviewed for the HC job (and go elsewhere next season). Then UiF hires a middle-aged white dude in khakis and with a little luck there's "noise" from coaches/parents/recruits regarding UiF's history of non-minority hires at the top of its football program. Sets the scene.

This is simple.

AUSTIN ARMSTRONG.

I would pay huge money to watch those press conferences on Pay-Per-View...

Advertisement
This is simple.

AUSTIN ARMSTRONG.

I would pay huge money to watch those press conferences on Pay-Per-View...

Fair point. He'd probably only get about 3 press conferences (intro as interim HC, maybe pre-FSU game, and then post-game), but they'd all be totally obnoxious, hyperbolic messes, devoid of any self-awareness or logic. In the post-game, he'd for sure be putting out his chest like a super bowl champion (following a 2-10 season) and talking about this just being the beginning, only to get ****-canned within the next 30 days. There'd probably be some super sandy tweets after he's fired, too.

Pray to baby Jesus it would be Armstrong. The lulz

Advertisement
Fair point. He'd probably only get about 3 press conferences (intro as interim HC, maybe pre-FSU game, and then post-game), but they'd all be totally obnoxious, hyperbolic messes, devoid of any self-awareness or logic. In the post-game, he'd for sure be putting out his chest like a super bowl champion (following a 2-10 season) and talking about this just being the beginning, only to get ****-canned within the next 30 days. There'd probably be some super sandy tweets after he's fired, too.
Is this guys real name Larry Musgrove and he played in The Big Green as a kid?
aarmstronguf.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back