Tears Gator Tears

Our kicker won the Groza Award last year like Pitts won the Mackey Award. Could you imagine us taking that mostly outlier year and proclaiming that we’re Kicker U or LSU claiming QBU off of Joe Burrow’s Heisman year like they do with TEU?

And not to be douchey over a position like K/P...but we've had way better kickers and punters historically and recently. I hope this kid is their "5 star Bubba Baxa".

Advertisement
And not to be douchey over a position like K/P...but we've had way better kickers and punters historically and recently. I hope this kid is their "5 star Bubba Baxa".
Sturgis, Piñeiro and McPherson were all good college kickers but I can’t see one position where they can argue that they are the clear number 1 program.

Our kicker won the Groza Award last year like Pitts won the Mackey Award. Could you imagine us taking that mostly outlier year and proclaiming that we’re Kicker U or LSU claiming QBU off of Joe Burrow’s Heisman year like they do with TEU?
**** fans are the only ones that have 2-3 winning the Heisman every year and consider themselves “ every position U “….

you know my feelings…” There’s no one more delusional than a delusional UFAG fan “

Advertisement
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
When I was there it wasn't as much a V as it was just the index and middle finger together. The story I was told was that when the Brits and French fought all the time it was commonplace to lop off those two fingers of the archers and let them go. Sticking the two fingers up was a way to say ***** you, can't catch me.

When I was there it wasn't as much a V as it was just the index and middle finger together. The story I was told was that when the Brits and French fought all the time it was commonplace to lop off those two fingers of the archers and let them go. Sticking the two fingers up was a way to say ***** you, can't catch me.
I believe they call it sod off.

but I only got that from an old punk song.

Advertisement
Yes, apparently it's a taunt by 'English' (probably mostly Welsh) longbowmen from the Hundred Years War (Agincourt, the Plantagenets etc), due to the French's penchant for cutting off the two bowstring fingers of any archers they captured (thus nullifying them for future wars).

It's a V though, with the knuckles pointing towards the intended victim. It's why Churchill's 'V for Victory' gesture you'll have seen in WW2 images is made with the palm facing outwards.

And yes it basically means '**** off' in modern day England.

Yes, apparently it's a taunt by 'English' (probably mostly Welsh) longbowmen from the Hundred Years War (Agincourt, the Plantagenets etc), due to the French's penchant for cutting off the two bowstring fingers of any archers they captured (thus nullifying them for future wars).

It's a V though, with the knuckles pointing towards the intended victim. It's why Churchill's 'V for Victory' gesture you'll have seen in WW2 images is made with the palm facing outwards.

And yes it basically means '**** off' in modern day England.

"...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother..."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back