Gaby said UM moving on without one of its commits…

Shavers also got an offer from Texas. There have been posters saying we are going to lose some commitments from this class to make room and due to other schools flipping. We just need to hope we end up with 30 in this class which could include some flips to us along with 1 or 2 that we are fighting to get.

I will be happy with a final ranking in the 4-7 range. It’s difficult to gauge because are numbers are so high and schools behind us will still add more to their class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Both

Attachments

• IMG_5516.jpeg
    IMG_5516.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Shavers also got an offer from Texas. There have been posters saying we are going to lose some commitments from this class to make room and due to other schools flipping. We just need to hope we end up with 30 in this class which could include some flips to us along with 1 or 2 that we are fighting to get.

I will be happy with a final ranking in the 4-7 range. It’s difficult to gauge because are numbers are so high and schools behind us will still add more to their class.
I don’t care about the ranking based on total points cause that is deceptive and can be padded with potential jags (and yes I know some 2 and 3 stars becomes legends)

To me it’s look at the classes that have at least 20 commits and then the average star rating from there is the best barometer of “ranking” if we are going to worry about that at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I personally don't care about ranking at this point. I did earlier when things seemed to be trending in the wrong direction and our class was seemingly destined for around a 15th ranked type of class. Aka not much different than previous regimes.

But right now, whether we're 4th, 7th, or 8th makes no difference to me. Obviously the optics of a top 5 class would be great. But the difference in points between the 5th ranked class and 11th ranked class is 10 points.

What is clear is Mario's recruiting prowess is evident. This class seems likely to be several notches above previous staff's recruiting classes as we're going to potentially have 5-8 kids in the top 100.

And he's injecting insane talent across MOST of the important positions (some gripes about QB...CB may be in a better spot with Mincey). Not all sunshines and rainbows but Mario definitely is shutting a lot of us up.

Advertisement
I personally don't care about ranking at this point. I did earlier when things seemed to be trending in the wrong direction and our class was seemingly destined for around a 15th ranked type of class. Aka not much different than previous regimes.

But right now, whether we're 4th, 7th, or 8th makes no difference to me. Obviously the optics of a top 5 class would be great. But the difference in points between the 5th ranked class and 11th ranked class is 10 points.

What is clear is Mario's recruiting prowess is evident. This class seems likely to be several notches above previous staff's recruiting classes as we're going to potentially have 5-8 kids in the top 100.

And he's injecting insane talent across MOST of the important positions (some gripes about QB...CB may be in a better spot with Mincey). Not all sunshines and rainbows but Mario definitely is shutting a lot of us up.
Yeah I felt the same way about ranking as I did our record. The actual number can be somewhat deceiving. Its the how and the context

I predicted 8th for our class even after it looked rough over the summer but mostly because if we had any hope that’s where we needed to be. Miami has had plenty of blips on the radar over the years of recruiting class rankings but we have been horrific at putting back to back classes together

It’s not perfect but we are 12-12 under him. There’s no doubt Mario is an elite recruiter

This might not be the popular opinion and I will probably get down-voted to ****..but the day you start letting 3* kids run game on you, is the day you lose all credibility in the recruiting market. That was Manny's downfall. Golden too to a certain extent. Getting played by a 5* is one thing..but dont let a 3* kid think he can play you for a fool. If the staff is moving on, im sure it was because the Broussard wasnt keeping it 100 with them and they peeped he was being dishonest. At that point, cut the chord. Good luck kid.

(DISCLAIMER: Forget everything I just wrote if it wasnt Broussard. LOL)
What are you talking about man? That was a great take/opinion. So true about Golden and Diaz.

Advertisement
Where is the thomas stuff coming from? I know he had some injury concerns. Has a good source mentioned him

Dude, I can't remember, lol. I may be making this all up. But what I believe to be the case is that Gaby mentioned another injury was causing concern, and then D$ was asked about him recently and he said something like he doesn't know either way, or nothing's been decided either way.

All I know is I got the sense he was being looked at. And my targeted drops were other guys (Russell and Minaya) so I remembered the general discussion but not the details.

Dude, I can't remember, lol. I may be making this all up. But what I believe to be the case is that Gaby mentioned another injury was causing concern, and then D$ was asked about him recently and he said something like he doesn't know either way, or nothing's been decided either way.

All I know is I got the sense he was being looked at. And my targeted drops were other guys (Russell and Minaya) so I remembered the general discussion but not the details.
Yeah russell and minaya would make sense for sure but they seem locked in. Well see if miami agrees lol

Advertisement
Back