Gaby said UM moving on without one of its commits…

Broussard is a nice player. Good prospect. But, in this era of CFB where you need to balance development and immediate results with traditional recruiting and the transfer portal, the reality is, that at a program like Miami that wants to be at another level, players like Broussard need to get culled from the herd. In another era of Miami football, he's our OL1 in the class...but now, he's just a developmental depth piece that you hope hits. Plus, we kind of already have that size, traits type of developmental tackle in Plazz. I thought Broussard would have looked nicer at guard personally.

Again, good player, but its ok. Maybe if he shows out we can get him as a developed starter down the road in the portal? idk.

Advertisement
Imagine ultimately Broussard, Shavers, Rudolph (grades) and probably Riley won't be in this class. Hope we can keep Riley though
Rudolph also has shoulder/back issues. I question how he pans out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This might not be the popular opinion and I will probably get down-voted to ****..but the day you start letting 3* kids run game on you, is the day you lose all credibility in the recruiting market. That was Manny's downfall. Golden too to a certain extent. Getting played by a 5* is one thing..but dont let a 3* kid think he can play you for a fool. If the staff is moving on, im sure it was because the Broussard wasnt keeping it 100 with them and they peeped he was being dishonest. At that point, cut the chord. Good luck kid.

(DISCLAIMER: Forget everything I just wrote if it wasnt Broussard. LOL)
I know in the CIS world recruits are determined by how many stars 10 idiots on 247 sports give them. But I highly doubt Mario gives 2 ***** about that. Whether it’s a 3 star or a 5 star doesn’t matter who “runs game on you”. It’s how hard you recruit/need the player that matters. And it seems Broussard was a want not a need.

And I’m not a Mario slurper but to say he will “lose credibility in the recruiting market” because he lost a perceived medium priority player from the Deep South to ole miss is an absolute joke.

This might not be the popular opinion and I will probably get down-voted to ****..but the day you start letting 3* kids run game on you, is the day you lose all credibility in the recruiting market. That was Manny's downfall. Golden too to a certain extent. Getting played by a 5* is one thing..but dont let a 3* kid think he can play you for a fool. If the staff is moving on, im sure it was because the Broussard wasnt keeping it 100 with them and they peeped he was being dishonest. At that point, cut the chord. Good luck kid.

(DISCLAIMER: Forget everything I just wrote if it wasnt Broussard. LOL)
"Getting played?" I mean the kid originally comitted without visiting. He had an OV scheduled for this weekend I believe, cancelled and is taking one to Ole Miss which is closer to home. I'm not sure how that is getting played. Seems to me a whole lot more like an 18 year old kid being a kid.

The Rudolph grades thing is weird. How did he expect to get into Michigan?
Oh the irony of the first like....

1702663041899.png

Advertisement
a shame, but OL is in good hands. rivers, pancake, carpenter, McCoy/Cooper, Francis - is a great OL with plenty of depth still behind it
Maybe unintentional but were u implying cooper's spot is up for grabs next year? I'd think the other guard spot would be the more likely battle between samson, McCoy or if Rivers slides inside...either way a good problem to have

Seems like the assumption around here is Broussard, Shavers and Rudolph most likely and possibly Riley depending on how his visit to Bama goes...any word ever come out on Lofton? Is he still locked in

Advertisement
Maybe unintentional but were u implying cooper's spot is up for grabs next year? I'd think the other guard spot would be the more likely battle between samson, McCoy or if Rivers slides inside...either way a good problem to have
That left side is probably a battle between Rivers, Samson, McCoy and Bell. Maybe Kinsler too. 5 players for two spots is good feeling.

Good luck to the young man.

Offensive line and offensive line recruiting should be the absolute least of concerns with this staff.
Exactamente! Kid wants attention and The UM Coaches are busy trying to close strong. So good luck young man.

Broussard isn't on the verbal commitment list on 247 or on3 that I can see.

Advertisement
Back