2025 Floyd-Dawens Boucard 3* DT from Miami Central picks Oklahoma

Advertisement
Dumbass Canadian lol
There is a history of Canadian DTs going to Oklahoma. I mean not much but Neville Gallimore went there and that was probably the selling feature. Neville was a star up here in the football community.
Maybe just wanted to follow in the footsteps.

I don't get how a kid from MTL can go to Norman Oklahoma, crazy shift in culture. It's literally going from the most cosmopolitan and diverse city in Canada, with mountains and rivers, to what I would imagine Norman, being closer to the opposite exact opposite haha

Advertisement
Man do be scared off. If you are a struggling program the #1 thing you usually are selling is playing time, if you recruit a couple top classes, selling playing time not gonna hit the same.

A team thats winning already is not selling playing time, they are selling winning stuff being in big time games, development and getting drafted.

So we need to win so we can sell that, instead of playing time and hope which are short term enticements.
It looks like we're a tweener.

The real alpha dogs don't care about competition. They feel they can play anywhere and don't get scared off. We're not there yet.

Others, just a notch below but still very good, don't see early playing time after bringing in top classes at OL and DL. If that's their main criteria, they'll probably looking for an easier path. Mario would have to sell the team's projection.

Not to pile on but that's another reason this season is so important. A 10-win season and he can sell "We're on the cusp".

I havent heard this name in a while. I didnt watch this. I could believe the hat game. vernables is a negative recruiter.

You know what the vernables thing makes a lot of sense. He was pretty salty towards Mario during last years recruiting

The biggest losses in recruiting in the MC era have been
1. Jeremiah Smith
2. David Stone
3. Cedric Baxter
Imagine if we landed those 3 on top of all we have sheesh

I'm glad you mention Cedric Baxtor, I just found out he is a fla kid. He's the exact running back we need

Advertisement
It looks like we're a tweener.

The real alpha dogs don't care about competition. They feel they can play anywhere and don't get scared off. We're not there yet.

Others, just a notch below but still very good, don't see early playing time after bringing in top classes at OL and DL. If that's their main criteria, they'll probably looking for an easier path. Mario would have to sell the team's projection.

Not to pile on but that's another reason this season is so important. A 10-win season and he can sell "We're on the cusp".

We need to look and play like Miami Hurricanes are supposed to; faster and more physical on both sides of the ball with better execution. The rest will take care of itself.

I'm glad you mention Cedric Baxtor, I just found out he is a fla kid. He's the exact running back we need
HUH we got Mark Fletcher in the same class. We didnt miss muc...they have the same amount of tds and if Mark got 33 more scarries i think would have the same amount of yards. They are pretty even at this point

But CJ Baxter is from Boynton Beach...he is a south florida kid.

Advertisement
There is a history of Canadian DTs going to Oklahoma. I mean not much but Neville Gallimore went there and that was probably the selling feature. Neville was a star up here in the football community.
Maybe just wanted to follow in the footsteps.

I don't get how a kid from MTL can go to Norman Oklahoma, crazy shift in culture. It's literally going from the most cosmopolitan and diverse city in Canada, with mountains and rivers, to what I would imagine Norman, being closer to the opposite exact opposite haha
1- Nobody knows Gallimore in Quebec, I doubt he wanted to follow his paths. Maybe his game looks like his or one of Venables DT star from his Clemson days and he got sold on that.

2- Boucard isn’t from Montreal. There’s not a single town that looks even close to Norman, OK up here but he’s still from a small town.

in his true freshman season he had almost 700 yards what were the expectations?.

Thanks for calling me out; even as I was writing I thought about the word expectations and I knew I was talking about my own. I thought he could be a poor-mans Dalvin but he looks more like post-injury Don Chaney; lacking in burst and doesn't make the first guy miss.

He doesn't look like a 5-star top RB in his freshman film.

Advertisement
in his true freshman season he had almost 700 yards what were the expectations?.
100%.

656 yards rushing at 4.8ypc and 5 TDs
156 yards receiving
1 fumble lost in 2023

20 carries for 117 yards against a stingy Iowa St team when he had to pick up the workload due to injuries.

I’d say that’s pretty **** good for a TF lol.

HUH we got Mark Fletcher in the same class. We didnt miss muc...they have the same amount of tds and if Mark got 33 more scarries i think would have the same amount of yards. They are pretty even at this point

But CJ Baxter is from Boynton Beach...he is a south florida kid.

How about taking CJ Baxter and Fletcher in the same class. I really like CJ Baxter and wish he was with us.

Didn't CJ Baxter go to Edgewater High School? All his stats seem to be against all the Orlando schools like Orlando Jones, Winter Park and Orlando Boone

*Nevermind I see that he is originally from Boynton

Last edited:
100%.

656 yards rushing at 4.8ypc and 5 TDs
156 yards receiving
1 fumble lost in 2023

20 carries for 117 yards against a stingy Iowa St team when he had to pick up the workload due to injuries.

I’d say that’s pretty **** good for a TF lol.

And to add to that
CJ Baxter did all that with Jonathon Brooks running for over 1k yards as the teams number 1. The Longhorns have gone on an amazing run of running backs the last 2 years with Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson, Jonathon Brooks and now CJ

Advertisement
Back