Florida's offense (Edit: Cook not happy)

Advertisement
They think that Grier is their savior and that things will change when he arrives...

I can't see how that would happen a coach totally going against what he has done for the last few years

I guess...I have said it over and over and over again...The U is a place wear any skilled player could be amazing
you learn the entire position and you are in a more traditional NFL offense that will have you ready

Just like the #1 Dual Threat QB Driskell was supposed to save their offense?

florida would be so ******* irrelevant if tebow was never born

Hopefully he's looking at how Collins is doing at Arkansas, and before anyone says AC had 77 yds against Bama, 40 of those came in 4th qtr garbage time with Bama up 45 zip

UF is where recruiting talent goes to die.

If you're Cook, Lane, Clark, Moten, etc., you'd have to be crazy to risk your future by playing for guys who can't coach you up. They are going to be even worse next year. Muschamps days are numbered.

Meanwhile the Hurricanes are playing well, the staff is evaluating well, developing players well, coaching well and the team is having FUN.

Why not come and get a top 50 private school education and win championships? Why not show out in your hometown??

What has their "hometown" ever done for them? I AGREE with you on the other stuff, but the hometown thing....... Only reason the "hometown" cares AT ALL is because they can play ball. If it wasn't for that, they'd just be another you know what to alot of these people/fans, and that goes for most of these schools. It's been said before, but these kids need to pick the place they are most comfortable at. It's up to the RECRUITER/COACH to "sell" them on that.

What about after school and football is over? Do you really want a lifetime of connections in Gainesville or to be the man for the rest of your life in a dynamic multi-industry city like Miami, where you're from, where your family is?

This is ridiculous. I am a huge Cane fan but went to UF for college. You can get any job in south florida you want graduating from UF. I have friends who are big time attorneys, doctors, bankers, hedge fund managers, CPA, etc all over the country.

Let not get sidetracked here with ridiculous my school is better than yours. You can do just fine with an education from either school. Miami isn't Harvard and UF isn't FIU.

Gotta agree with this. I don't live in Florida and haven't for many years. When I look at Martindale-Hubbell, the national lawyers directory, I notice a lot of UF law graduates (and a lot of UM law graduates) in law firms all over south Florida. I don't know the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are more UF graduates in south Florida than UM graduates. It's only in recent years that UM has made moves in its rankings. When I was growing up, it was very ordinary as a school, in fact, considered rather easy to get into and not terribly challenging to get through. Still, I've known some very bright people that attended UM.

No offense, but when you were growing up it was still a cardboard college on Le Jeune. :p

Advertisement
Hopefully he's looking at how Collins is doing at Arkansas, and before anyone says AC had 77 yds against Bama, 40 of those came in 4th qtr garbage time with Bama up 45 zip

Collins is doing well at Arkansas

He would be doing better at UM and Arkansas really sucks like their fat *** corch. They have not beaten decent team yet. They have scored only 7 and their defense has given up 104 points against them in just the last two games. They are 0-4 in the SEC and getting ready to go 0-8. Yeah Collins is doing well.

Last edited:
Florida lucked into Harvin and Tebow, or I guess recruited well would be a better word. They were game changers at the college level. They are lost this season though.

UF fans also worried about losing Lane.

They, UF fans, can't say enough bad things about that offense.

Of course the rumors they're reading, I'm assuming started by FSU fans, are saying Lane could flip to FSU.

Of course the rumors they're reading, I'm assuming started by FSU fans, are saying Lane could flip to FSU.

who cares where lane flips to??? id rather have cook 1000000000 times before lane... id personally rather have rudolph before lane

Advertisement
What has their "hometown" ever done for them? I AGREE with you on the other stuff, but the hometown thing....... Only reason the "hometown" cares AT ALL is because they can play ball. If it wasn't for that, they'd just be another you know what to alot of these people/fans, and that goes for most of these schools. It's been said before, but these kids need to pick the place they are most comfortable at. It's up to the RECRUITER/COACH to "sell" them on that.

What about after school and football is over? Do you really want a lifetime of connections in Gainesville or to be the man for the rest of your life in a dynamic multi-industry city like Miami, where you're from, where your family is?

This is ridiculous. I am a huge Cane fan but went to UF for college. You can get any job in south florida you want graduating from UF. I have friends who are big time attorneys, doctors, bankers, hedge fund managers, CPA, etc all over the country.

Let not get sidetracked here with ridiculous my school is better than yours. You can do just fine with an education from either school. Miami isn't Harvard and UF isn't FIU.

Gotta agree with this. I don't live in Florida and haven't for many years. When I look at Martindale-Hubbell, the national lawyers directory, I notice a lot of UF law graduates (and a lot of UM law graduates) in law firms all over south Florida. I don't know the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are more UF graduates in south Florida than UM graduates. It's only in recent years that UM has made moves in its rankings. When I was growing up, it was very ordinary as a school, in fact, considered rather easy to get into and not terribly challenging to get through. Still, I've known some very bright people that attended UM.

You must have gone after I did, because Miami was thought of as a joke "Sun Tan U" or the home of the cheetah. University has come a long way, but it was what it was.

I never went to Miami. When I went to college in the late '60's, Miami was known as Suntan U. Still, I've had friends over the years who went to UM and some were pretty smart and could have gone to other schools had they tried. I don't think all went to UM because it was the only place they could get in.

Still, I've known of a lot of guys who practice law down there, and I've looked at a lot of firms in Martindale, and I see a lot of people from both UM and UF. As far as which school is better, I don't know and I don't care. I live up north, and have worked in law firms in Chicago, NY and Washington. None had any UF or UM grads at all. They're mainly regional schools. Even though I went to a so-called national school, I'm not sure it would help me if I tried to get a job down there. I think the UF and UM grads would do better. It might make a difference if I went to a top five school, which I didn't. My school is generally regarded as top 10-15.

We've gotten sidetracked. Getting back to Cook, having a degree from UF is not going to be any worse than having a degree from UM, I would think. Where do most of UM's football players go? Very few go to law school, very few go to graduate school other than maybe an MBA. Many seem to go into coaching and teaching. It doesn't matter if you go to UF or UM.

You must have gone after I did, because Miami was thought of as a joke "Sun Tan U" or the home of the cheetah. University has come a long way, but it was what it was.

I never went to Miami. When I went to college in the late '60's, Miami was known as Suntan U. Still, I've had friends over the years who went to UM and some were pretty smart and could have gone to other schools had they tried. I don't think all went to UM because it was the only place they could get in.

Still, I've known of a lot of guys who practice law down there, and I've looked at a lot of firms in Martindale, and I see a lot of people from both UM and UF. As far as which school is better, I don't know and I don't care. I live up north, and have worked in law firms in Chicago, NY and Washington. None had any UF or UM grads at all. They're mainly regional schools. Even though I went to a so-called national school, I'm not sure it would help me if I tried to get a job down there. I think the UF and UM grads would do better. It might make a difference if I went to a top five school, which I didn't. My school is generally regarded as top 10-15.

We've gotten sidetracked. Getting back to Cook, having a degree from UF is not going to be any worse than having a degree from UM, I would think. Where do most of UM's football players go? Very few go to law school, very few go to graduate school other than maybe an MBA. Many seem to go into coaching and teaching. It doesn't matter if you go to UF or UM.

exactly. Lane and Cook aspire to one profession and it isn't the law profession.

They think that Grier is their savior and that things will change when he arrives...

I can't see how that would happen a coach totally going against what he has done for the last few years

I guess...I have said it over and over and over again...The U is a place wear any skilled player could be amazing
you learn the entire position and you are in a more traditional NFL offense that will have you ready

Just like the #1 Dual Threat QB Driskell was supposed to save their offense?

florida would be so ******* irrelevant if tebow was never born

LOL jesus, talk about ignorant. You may want to check the roster of those teams Tebow played on. He got all the credit, but those rosters were stacked, feel free to check NFL rosters to confirm. His backup was also Cam Newton before he turned into a thief, pretty sure UF would have been 'ok' with Cam leading the team.

But anyway, said it since the summer I would not have wanted to play with Driskel going forward as a potential offensive recruit. And while Driskel was and is garbage, it's clear the problems are much deeper. Were I any offensive recruit I just would not want to go to UF, objectively speaking I wouldn't send a son anywhere near there if they were recruiting him. This philosophy is absolute garbage. They're selling recruits on it being different with Grier but I don't see it. It isn't all Muschamp's fault, he's had some bad luck with injuries, Weis leaving after a year, etc. But it's year 3 and it hasn't improved, it's on his head.

I'd love to keep Cook but he'd be a ******* fool to go play there on offense. Kelvin Taylor is a ******* beast and shows it every time he's on the field and they keep feeding those slow *** upperclassmen backs. Now if he's going there as a DB then that's different. Muschamp is a mediocre head coach but the man knows defensive backs and defense. Don't know why Cook would want to play DB unless he's thinking long-term. Corners do have a longer career than backs in the league. Oh well still don't expect him at UF.

Always had a weird outta tha woodwerks feeling Lane would end up at FSU. Nothing really to back that up, he just seems like a kid that would pick them.

Advertisement

Always had a weird outta tha woodwerks feeling Lane would end up at FSU. Nothing really to back that up, he just seems like a kid that would pick them.

REally hope that's not the case.

The "I don't really like FSU but I'm too good to go where everyone else in Miami goes so I need to do something different to show everyone I'm special" vibe that MT6 had?

please. Collins started off well at Arkansas and has since hit a wall and been going downhill.
he would have been better off here spelling duke and Crawford or just duke and getting worked in instead of being counted on to be the man his 1st year.

Advertisement

No offense, but when you were growing up it was still a cardboard college on Le Jeune. :p

If you speak of undergrad SunTan U, there is a point. But Miami Law, Med, and Ocean shools have always been top notch. Yes there are numerous gator slime slithering around law firms in South Florida. There are many reasons for this. 1) $$$$ -- UFelon is cheaper. 2) State school with easier, well more understanding standards. 3) The slime of the swamp naturally attracts larger number of blood suckers. 4) As general rule, there are less really smart people than average people. 5) You generally get your clients from your peer age group, so if you are going to pratice criminal law there are obvious advantages to hanging around U fo Felon. If however you seek a career in representing professional atheletes outside of prison, well you know, IT"S ALL ABOUT THE U. For me, while I am sure some bright people did attend UF most finished not as bright as they started.

By the way, UF's rankings climb came from the Florida pre-paid college plan. It enable tons of parents to pay in advance at locked in cheap rates. This swelled the applicant numbers and allowed UF to vastly increase the incoming SAT scores(except for football playerss/future felons). Much like everything else at U Felon, those rankings were taxpayer supported welfare.

The "I don't really like FSU but I'm too good to go where everyone else in Miami goes so I need to do something different to show everyone I'm special" vibe that MT6 had?

Well to be fair I thought that over a year ago when everyone was certain it was Bama/Miami. I have never trusted a word that has come out of his mouth so I never really had a reason to change my opinion. Just watching all these interviews and situations over the years, he immediately gave off the vibe of one of these guys that picks FSU for whatever reason.

Well to be fair I thought that over a year ago when everyone was certain it was Bama/Miami. I have never trusted a word that has come out of his mouth so I never really had a reason to change my opinion. Just watching all these interviews and situations over the years, he immediately gave off the vibe of one of these guys that picks FSU for whatever reason.

I know y'all hate it as do I but...

If I'm an elite skill guy I'd be looking hard at FSU. I hate Famous Jameis and his retarded as name but he's legit, they are rolling people offensively. UF's offense blows and Miami will have some uncertainty next year at the QB position. They can go to FSU and play with a Heisman caliber QB right away. **** sucks but if we're being honest...

Collins is doing well at Arkansas

naw he's not.... he did well against Lafeyette, Samford, and Southern Miss.

Oh and WOAT defense aTm. but other then that he's been average at best.

The coaches are just running him to death to pat his stats even in garbage time. smh

Advertisement
Back