Florida State lost AGAIN

I love how the MiamiHurricanes Twitter feed calls winning the Coastal a "championship". My, how things have changed.

Advertisement
"I will repeat, my comment has nothing to do with me thinking a national seed is in jeopardy."
If you actually read my comment you would not ask this.

You're incoherent. That's the issue.

Nobody cares about your feelings. Not me. Not anyone. Especially not the committee.

Advertisement
Brian doesn't care if we are a legitimate post-season contender. He is perfectly okay with being exposed by every top team (0-9 vs #1 seeds)

Winning a series against Florida State wouldn't make us a legit postseason contender. It would just be another regular season win.

You're going to have to be consistent for once.

Does the regular season matter or not?

You've been amazingly shaky on this.

I love how the MiamiHurricanes Twitter feed calls winning the Coastal a "championship". My, how things have changed.

Yeah. Two things have changed.

1) The invention of Twitter

and

2) We're in a conference now which means such things are actually possible

But I love how internet tough guys like you think you're some kind of keeper of the standard. The mere mention of such an accomplishment (not to mention the posting of it on social media) now constitutes a lowering of the standard.

Goofballs will be goofballs.

One thing that we know for sure: Jim Morris is a helluva manager. And BrianPiccolo is going to make sure that you know it.

We can't beat the best teams on our schedule? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
We haven't beaten a #1 seed in eight years? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
We haven't finished higher that T-5th in 15 years? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
Our worst CWS stretch in 42 years came in the last decade under Jim Morris? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
Our paper mache pitching staff regularly gets exposed in the post-season? F--- you. We won the Coastal.

Advertisement
Why does everything have to be so black and white?

I think that given our season we have put ourselves is very solid position to contend for the championship.
I think #3 is nearing the end of a great career. Has the game passed him by? I don't know. Maybe? Do I think he will or even wants to be the head guy for the next 5 years? No. Do I think it is time for a change? Yes, but not necessarily next season. Do I think #3 has earned a transitional year or two? Yes. Do I think Miami should be in Omaha 8/10 years and winning a title 1x or 2x a decade? That would be incredible. Does UF have our number? I would say so. UF has gotten really good, really good. Over the last 10 years we have declined. Last year was obviously solid. So the next question isn't who do you want now! But who would you have wanted the past 20 years? #3 or The Lord of No Rings? MM at Fsu has set a standard for excellence during the regular season that is tough to top. Why did they go to Omaha as often as they did only to leave with nothing? Think about how good they have been, and they have no titles. Its ******* mind boggling if you think about it. Ron Fraser set the standard at the U. Has #3 lived up to it? I think he has. I think its slipping. I think its time to pass the baton. I think a few more non Omaha seasons would diminish the great work he has done here a little bit.

One thing that we know for sure: Jim Morris is a helluva manager. And BrianPiccolo is going to make sure that you know it.

I wouldn't post at all if your characterization of his career wasn't so inaccurate and ridiculous.

Somehow you glean from his record that he's not a winning postseason coach.

That shouldn't need refuting but apparently people like you do actually exist.

We can't beat the best teams on our schedule? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
We haven't beaten a #1 seed in eight years? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
We haven't finished higher that T-5th in 15 years? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
Our worst CWS stretch in 42 years came in the last decade under Jim Morris? F--- you. We won the Coastal.
Our paper mache pitching staff regularly gets exposed in the post-season? F--- you. We won the Coastal.

You're flailing again.

And making stuff up too.

This is desperation.

Advertisement
Now it's an "accomplishment". See my previous post.

It is an accomplishment. That's a statement of fact.

Of course it's a change since we're now in a conference and we couldn't have done this previous to 2006.

I bet if we were in the ACC in 1999 (or 2001) and Twitter had existed it would have been mentioned at that time too. It wouldn't have meant anything regarding the standard.

This is just foolishness on your part as usual.

Advertisement
Why is anyone debating this clown? Just wasting bandwith and ruining the board in what had been an incredible regular season.

Even with a series loss at FSU, which I do not expect, it would appear that they will award us a Super Region, no? Too bad about UVA, we barely lost that series. UVA is peaking late as usual. Their coach is fantastic, in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back