Florida State lost AGAIN

We now haven't beaten Virginia in seven years. We have lost to the Gator 6 out of 7 years. We have lost to FSU 6 straight years. Geez, when is enough enough??

What does this matter?

The committee doesn't care what our record is against specific teams.

Some people care about the silliest things when it comes to tournament selection.

All due respect, if you read my initial reply i wrote:
"I know we don't have to do anything.
I know we are sitting pretty."
We are in, I get it. We have a national seed.
IN MY MIND, FOR MY PERSONAL EDIFICATION, WE HAVE TO WIN UP THERE.
I will repeat, my comment has nothing to do with me thinking a national seed is in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, we have to beat FSU and be a "respectable" 2-2 vs the 4 best teams on our schedule, IMO.

No we don't.

We weren't last year and were a national seed.

Everything you said is just emotional and has nothing to do with the actual process.

See all comments above. I never said anything about the selection process.You assumed my comment was tourney selection based.

Remember, NJShore, Brian doesn't care if we beat the best teams on our schedule. He only cares about winning the Coastal and having a strong RPI. That way, when we fail in the postseason by showing once again that we can't beat the best teams, he can point at "winning the Coastal" and "we had the #3 RPI."

You are correct that we need to show that we can beat the Floridas and Virginias and Florida States of the world if we're going to be taken seriously as a postseason contender. He doesn't see it that way.

Advertisement
Remember, NJShore, Brian doesn't care if we beat the best teams on our schedule. He only cares about winning the Coastal and having a strong RPI. That way, when we fail in the postseason by showing once again that we can't beat the best teams, he can point at "winning the Coastal" and "we had the #3 RPI."

You are correct that we need to show that we can beat the Floridas and Virginias and Florida States of the world if we're going to be taken seriously as a postseason contender. He doesn't see it that way.

When given the chance you always find a way to contradict yourself.

First you say things like Louisville will have their way with us. Then when they don't you say, well, the regular season doesn't matter.

Then you make posts like this where you claim that we need to win a regular season series for some reason.

You're all of the over the place in such a haphazard manner.

Who cares if we are 'taken seriously' as a postseason contender? Is that a prerequisite for winning it all? Only those 'taken seriously' by an unknown entity can win it?

And you did get one small part right.

I do only care about winning those two things in the regular season because that's what matters for seeding. I don't concern myself with silly nonsense like being 'taken seriously' and other stuff.

The difference is that I don't think a team with 13 wins vs. the top 25 (most in the country) needs to worry about whether it can beat the best teams.

South Carolina has now lost 4 of 5. TCU is going backwards. Vandy and LSU have Florida left and the SEC tourney. Mississippi is in (or out of) the mix with A&M on the final weekend. Two of these 5 teams, and FSU, will be the #7 and #8 seeds.

I question how much you actually follow this stuff.

FSU is 16th in the RPI and 3rd (currently) in the ACC. They are not a national seed right now and are playing their worst baseball of the year at the moment.

Where did you get LSU from? They're currently sitting 6th in the SEC (4th in the West) and they're only 9-9 vs. the top 100. They'll host but won't be a national seed.

LSU is 1 game out of third place overall in the SEC. They are #12 in the RPI with a series vs the Gator this weekend.
They also have a great opportunity to make noise in the SEC tournament.
The FSU scenario is similar. If they decide to wake up next weekend and sweep us, the will have a better record then the Canes in the ACC.
Then the opportunity in the ACC tourney.
Are both scenarios likely? Probably not, but each team playing against a top-3/4 opponent to end the season helps their chances.

If you ask me, I think the National seeds will be UF, TA&M (best team right now), UM, UL, Miss, TT, MSU and....flip a coin...Vandy or UVA for old times sake?

Who's your top 8?

One other thing. Anything I post is up for discussion. I responded to your question with my thought process.
If you feel you need to preface your question with "I question how much you actually follow this stuff", then there is no reason for you to reply to my comments. Thanks.

IN MY MIND, FOR MY PERSONAL EDIFICATION, WE HAVE TO WIN UP THERE.
I will repeat, my comment has nothing to do with me thinking a national seed is in jeopardy.

Understood.

And your personal edification means nothing.

Another sideways comment, smh.
My personal edification ranks pretty high in my book.
Kids...why do I even bother.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And you did get one small part right.

I do only care about winning those two things in the regular season because that's what matters for seeding. I don't concern myself with silly nonsense like being 'taken seriously' and other stuff.

The difference is that I don't think a team with 13 wins vs. the top 25 (most in the country) needs to worry about whether it can beat the best teams.

Serious question.
Aren't we going to play the best teams in the CWS?

LSU is 1 game out of third place overall in the SEC. They are #12 in the RPI with a series vs the Gator this weekend.

Now I know that you don't follow it much.

The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.

You speak in silly fanboy talk.

The FSU scenario is similar. If they decide to wake up next weekend and sweep us, the will have a better record then the Canes in the ACC.

No they won't. It depends on what happens today. If we win or they lose it won't matter what happens next week. They won't be able to pass us.

Advertisement

It's not a sideways comment.

Are you suggesting that your feelings matter to the committee? If not then what I said was just accurate.

Serious question.

Don't know. Do you know who's going to be in the field?

We have the most wins (13) against the top 25 right now.

Somehow beating a team in the teens of the RPI is suddenly going to make us legit?

Just read your nonsense out loud and see if it makes any more sense.

Now I know that you don't follow it much.

The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.

You speak in silly fanboy talk.

If you read on, you'll see I didn't pick them to be a national seed.
(another keyboard tough comment)

Advertisement

It's not a sideways comment.

Are you suggesting that your feelings matter to the committee? If not then what I said was just accurate.

"I will repeat, my comment has nothing to do with me thinking a national seed is in jeopardy."
If you actually read my comment you would not ask this.

Serious question.

Don't know. Do you know who's going to be in the field?

We have the most wins (13) against the top 25 right now.

Somehow beating a team in the teens of the RPI is suddenly going to make us legit?

Just read your nonsense out loud and see if it makes any more sense.

I never said that.
I know we're "sitting pretty", read above, thank you.
I don't see FSU as just some "team in the teens of the RPI", you apparently do.

(keyboard tough comment #3 )

Listen man. It's now very clear that you read what you want to and come off with this adversarial tone in each and every one of your comments without considering discussion.

Don't respond to me, cool?

Last edited:
Brian doesn't care if we are a legitimate post-season contender. He is perfectly okay with being exposed by every top team (0-9 vs #1 seeds) as long as Jim Morris keeps his job. That's the only important thing around here.

Advertisement
Back