Florida State lost AGAIN

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
That's four straight losses and their RPI has fallen to 16. They might be in danger of losing their host spot. But naturally they will take two of three from us like always.

Advertisement
That's four straight losses and their RPI has fallen to 16. They might be in danger of losing their host spot. But naturally they will take two of three from us like always.

Do you think Fsu will lost their regional host or are you saying super regional?

Last edited:
I think they've lost their SR for the moment. Now the regional is on the line. How funny would it be if we won the series and dropped them to a #2 in Gainesville.

Its not just that FSU is losing.
It's who they're losing to.

6 straight series losses is as close to "always" as it gets.

Now that that season has played out, we see that Clemson and UNC were "nice" series sweeps.
UF, Louisville, UVA and FSU however, are the 4 best teams we will have played. So far we just have a series win at home vs. Louisville.
We have to take the series next week.

UF, Louisville, UVA and FSU however, are the 4 best teams we will have played. So far we just have a series win at home vs. Louisville. We have to take the series next week.

We don't have to do anything.

We're going to be a national seed and Florida State isn't. No matter what happens next weekend.

Advertisement
UF, Louisville, UVA and FSU however, are the 4 best teams we will have played. So far we just have a series win at home vs. Louisville. We have to take the series next week.

We're going to be a national seed and Florida State isn't. No matter what happens next weekend.

If FSU sweeps us next weekend, they are right back in the mix for a national seed.

We could end up with 18 losses. Nothing is clinched yet.

If FSU sweeps us next weekend, they are right back in the mix for a national seed.

Correct. Absolutely foolish to think not showing up in Trailerhassee doesn't hurt us.

Just worried about Pitt right now.

UM

If they lose tomorrow (or we win) there's no way they can finish ahead of us in the conference standing.

So even if they were to be a national seed (which they won't) it wouldn't be at out expense.

Advertisement

If they lose tomorrow (or we win) there's no way they can finish ahead of us in the conference standing.

So even if they were to be a national seed (which they won't) it wouldn't be at out expense.

I didn't say anything about FSU getting a national seed at our expense. I said that if they sweep us next weekend, they are back in the mix for a national seed. If they sweep us next weekend AND win the ACC tournament, they WILL get a national seed.

I knew someone was going to post this.
I know we don't have to do anything.
I know we are sitting pretty.
But...
We now haven't beaten Virginia in seven years. We have lost to the Gator 6 out of 7 years. We have lost to FSU 6 straight years. Geez, when is enough enough??
Yes, we have to beat FSU and be a "respectable" 2-2 vs the 4 best teams on our schedule, IMO.

Last edited:
Jagr/Antwan must be upset that FSU is slumping. He surely ain't a Canes fan must be a Noles troll.

I actually want the 'Noles to win a couple before we go up there.
What are the odds that they go oh-fer to end the season?

Advertisement

I didn't say anything about FSU getting a national seed at our expense. I said that if they sweep us next weekend, they are back in the mix for a national seed. If they sweep us next weekend AND win the ACC tournament, they WILL get a national seed.

South Carolina has now lost 4 of 5. TCU is going backwards. Vandy and LSU have Florida left and the SEC tourney. Mississippi is in (or out of) the mix with A&M on the final weekend. Two of these 5 teams, and FSU, will be the #7 and #8 seeds.

Advertisement
We now haven't beaten Virginia in seven years. We have lost to the Gator 6 out of 7 years. We have lost to FSU 6 straight years. Geez, when is enough enough??

What does this matter?

The committee doesn't care what our record is against specific teams.

Some people care about the silliest things when it comes to tournament selection.

South Carolina has now lost 4 of 5. TCU is going backwards. Vandy and LSU have Florida left and the SEC tourney. Mississippi is in (or out of) the mix with A&M on the final weekend. Two of these 5 teams, and FSU, will be the #7 and #8 seeds.

I question how much you actually follow this stuff.

FSU is 16th in the RPI and 3rd (currently) in the ACC. They are not a national seed right now and are playing their worst baseball of the year at the moment.

Where did you get LSU from? They're currently sitting 6th in the SEC (4th in the West) and they're only 9-9 vs. the top 100. They'll host but won't be a national seed.

Advertisement
Back