FAU. That's cute.

Advertisement

Quicker than I even thought you could be jumping all over it. Did you have a chance to do anything else today risking the opportunity to post in the event of a loss? LMAO.

A quality Florida squad with two less wins than UM that took 2 of 2 off of Mississippi State this year and lost 2-1 to UF. You did realize this wasn't a football game right?

We played like garbage and lost by 1...enjoy.

UM

They gave up 13 runs to Georgetown. They lost two out of three to Port Charlotte. Don't try to sell this as a good loss.

Advertisement
Insulting young players is a lot worse as they aren't getting paid. Reveling in negativity breeds contempt. Any rational intelligent fan knows in baseball that on any given night any team can beat you and this was the 17th ranked team who will be playing in the NCAA Tournament. This was not a bad loss by anyone's standards that knows baseball

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. This post is okay:

Jagr - Your "special ed" teacher is calling. Time to play with the foam blocks that have soft edges. Remember to take your meds. Remember that everything is going to be "ok". That priest was a bad man, but he cannot play with you anymore.

But this post is over the line and I should be banned:

They gave up 13 runs to Georgetown. They lost two out of three to Port Charlotte. Don't try to sell this as a good loss.

Advertisement

Port Charlotte? Like the city on the west coast of Florida? I know you don't care, and I don't know why I'm even bothering, but anyone can play this game, and cherry pick stats (which is what you and Brian do back and forth all the time). FAU also won 2 games against Mississippi State.

Port Charlotte? Like the city on the west coast of Florida? I know you don't care, and I don't know why I'm even bothering, but anyone can play this game, and cherry pick stats (which is what you and Brian do back and forth all the time). FAU also won 2 games against Mississippi State.

Thank you for keeping the discussion to baseball and not getting personal.

I thought it was Port Charlotte I saw on their schedule. I know there's a team over there but didn't know it wasn't the same one. My mistake. I don't think FAU is a team we should be losing to. If that opinion gets me banned, then so be it.

I thought it was Port Charlotte I saw on their schedule. I know there's a team over there but didn't know it wasn't the same one. My mistake. I don't think FAU is a team we should be losing to. If that opinion gets me banned, then so be it.

According to you we cant lose to anyone lol

It's not that we lose, it's how we lose. We haven't had a complete team since 2008, despite Brad's claims that Jim Morris has a proven method for building a team. We either can't hit or can't field or don't have any dominant pitchers. We have had a glaring weakness every season since 2008. And even that team had its issues.

Advertisement

It's not that we lose, it's how we lose. We haven't had a complete team since 2008, despite Brad's claims that Jim Morris has a proven method for building a team. We either can't hit or can't field or don't have any dominant pitchers. We have had a glaring weakness every season since 2008. And even that team had its issues.

No team is perfect in sports, all teams have a weakness in some form, and there is that one team that our weakness is there strength and they burn us on it

No team is perfect in sports, all teams have a weakness in some form, and there is that one team that our weakness is there strength and they burn us on it

Who said anything about being perfect? There are no perfect teams, but there are teams that are built to win championships. If we have a weakness that is exploited by someone else, why don't we change what we're doing? That's been my whole point this whole time. We sit back and allow Jim Morris to continue with his "proven" style without accepting that his style hasn't won a championship or even had success in Omaha for 15 years.

Will you be happy if Mark Richt goes 15 years without making the FCS playoffs? And only makes a NYD bowl once in a 7 year period? Serious questions. Because that is exactly what we're going through with this baseball program.

It was Charlotte, as in UNC-Charlotte, by the way. I don't think you should be banned for being annoying. Should we lose to FAU? Probably not, but they are ranked #17 . It's not like we lost to Barry. You always say these games mean nothing since the national title is won in June. You rip guys for getting excited when we win regular season games. How in the world does it make sense for you say anything when we lose? But, I'll continue to play along. Our national title team in '99 lost to FIU (twice), ECU, Iowa, and Elon. Our 2001 national title team lost to FIU, FAU, Rutgers (twice), ECU.

Advertisement
The standard is Omaha. Period. Omaha is baseball's true final four. Arguing against that is akin to ****ing into an industrial fan.

Fresno State and Oregon State both won twice in Omaha, and Florida had zero business losing to UVA last year. Inexplicable events occur every year, without question, in Omaha. Consequently, Omaha is the truest standard of all.

If Morris' 2016 team fails to get to Omaha, then these asinine posts from the chimp would be warranted. Until then, these posts typify the rantings of a college-baseball-ignoramus.

USC won 14 titles in the 60s and 70s. They rarely make the NCAA tournament and they have an endowment that is 4x Miami's, and they also reside in a region that is arguably as talented as UM's. Only a handful of private schools make the 64-tournament field every year. UM's tuition totals $65,000 per annum versus ~$11,000 for California universities and ~$9,280 for Florida schools. Texas has missed the NCAA tournament 5-times during the past 15-years. We have made the tournament 44-years in a row. How anyone can possibly argue against Morris is beyond me.... The team faltered for 6-years and he brought back Di Mare, so Morris obviously strives for excellence. UM is the second best team in the country right now after Florida.

I am not sure how a purported "fan" could possibly be displeased with the results of this season thus far.... If the team fails to get to Omaha, which I think is unfathomable at this moment in time, then there is some, miniscule sliver of reason to complain. Until then, the term "mental midget" undoubtedly applies!!!

It was Charlotte, as in UNC-Charlotte, by the way. I don't think you should be banned for being annoying. Should we lose to FAU? Probably not, but they are ranked #17 . It's not like we lost to Barry. You always say these games mean nothing since the national title is won in June. You rip guys for getting excited when we win regular season games. How in the world does it make sense for you say anything when we lose? But, I'll continue to play along. Our national title team in '99 lost to FIU (twice), ECU, Iowa, and Elon. Our 2001 national title team lost to FIU, FAU, Rutgers (twice), ECU.

The wins are nice but end up not meaning a whole lot when Florida blows us out in the post-season. And the regular season losses magnify the issues that have existed since 2001. So I think my approach is justified.

If you guys say that FAU is good enough to beat us, I'll back down on this one.

Perfectly okay:

....then these asinine posts from the chimp would be warranted. Until then, these posts typify the rantings of a college-baseball-ignoramus.

Until then, the term "mental midget" undoubtedly applies!!!

But this guy should be banned:

We shouldn't lose to FAU

How anyone can possibly argue against Morris is beyond me.... The team faltered for 6-years and he brought back Di Mare, so Morris obviously strives for excellence.

Without DiMare, Jim Morris can barely compete in regionals. With DiMare, Jim Morris has the second best team in the country. But you can't figure out why people would question Jim Morris. Even the people who hate me are raising their eyebrows at that one.

Advertisement
Back